Elle Darby #38 Off to New York with Suzuki in tow, all for the Gram, I mean KK don’t you know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The amount of times they argued in that birthday vlog 😳 I get it might be banter but she’s very snappy with conman

Reactions: 14
Jesus bleeping Christ not
‘Chavy Marquees & E-numbers Galore - created by Poundland Laura
again….again?????

please tell me they haven’t done another weekly garden party 😒

Reactions: 4
How bitter did they sound when Conman mentioned that he asked the pilot to wish Elle a happy birthday but he couldn't due to a medical emergency! I can imagine Elle sitting there in a huff because it doesn't "feel" like her birthday.

Also another grazing table :sick: looks so unhygienic tbh

• Sick
Reactions: 18
How bitter did they sound when Conman mentioned that he asked the pilot to wish Elle a happy birthday but he couldn't due to a medical emergency! I can imagine Elle sitting there in a huff because it doesn't "feel" like her birthday.

Also another grazing table :sick: looks so unhygienic tbh
I think she was in a right sulk that they had to go to NYC just before HER birthday for someone else...so she did only what a witch would do and made it all about herself

Reactions: 14
She doesn’t own the flat outright.
Elle mentioned in a Q&A that katies House was bought outright from money her mum left her which she said their mum had left enough for Katie for life or it had set her up for the rest of her life, something along those lines but the apartment is bought and paid for

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Not so humble brag of the commenter below

Does she have very little money though? I think her mum was quite well off no? At least owed a fairly big nice house. People have mention before about elles inheritance off her mum. I would assume all that would have been split equally between the two girls ..
Most of it would’ve gone on Katie’s new flat. It would’ve been hard for her to get a mortgage otherwise as a part time worker at boots. Can’t remember where she is now.

I don't think she owns her flat outright, not very many people can afford to buy their homes with cash. However it is a very wise investment being able to put money towards her own home especially at her age and she seems very grateful to be able to do so.

She very likely has help financially with money to make sure she is investing and using money wisely. However I don't think either of these girls are loaded in that sense. We don't and shouldn't speculate on their mothers financial situation but in any situation like this there are a lot of hidden taxes etc to be paid and it's very rare that you end up with a lot of money with inheritance.

I'm sure Elle has bought Katie many things over the years but it was very tacky in that video to say "I bought you that" with almost everything. I don't remind my sister every time I see her with the purse I got her for Christmas that I bought it for her.

I think people feel sorry for katie for many reasons. The exploitation and that she very evidently can't waste money like Elle does (not many people can) however we don't need to see her act so superior to her sister.
So well articulated thanks, what I was trying to say!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Someone said safari the other day didn't they.. so predictable.

Maldives is very cliché too.
Came here to post this - someone said about a safari so they’d be just like Meggan and Niall.
And the Maldives too, just so predictable 😂

Reactions: 6
She doesn’t own the flat outright.
I also thought she had bought it with her inheritance, do you think someone helped her buy it? I can’t see her getting a mortgage on her own when she only had a part time job in Boots. Does she even work now?

Elle mentioned in a Q&A that katies House was bought outright from money her mum left her which she said their mum had left enough for Katie for life or it had set her up for the rest of her life, something along those lines but the apartment is bought and paid for
Yes I thought I had heard this somewhere too. The flat she has wouldn’t have been overly expensive if it’s over Trowbridge way, under £200k

Reactions: 1
Con: I want to leave a legacy, change lives

Also Con: 1 cup of tea a day max
Funny how it's always a "legacy" meaning make money and business, it's always materialist. it's never leaving a legacy for doing something good in the world, charity work, wanting to leave your family the legacy of being like a Martin Luther King or a Nelson Mandela. It's never about being the good in the world or stopping violence, hunger, poverty. He just wants to leave money and that's bleeping sad in my opinion.

Reactions: 28
I also thought she had bought it with her inheritance, do you think someone helped her buy it? I can’t see her getting a mortgage on her own when she only had a part time job in Boots. Does she even work now?

Yes I thought I had heard this somewhere too. The flat she has wouldn’t have been overly expensive if it’s over Trowbridge way, under £200k
Those flats were about 230/40k I think brand new. The two beds with balconies. I love her little flat, it’s so cosy.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My friend's sister looked at a flat in the same building and they were close to £250,000 for a 2bed.

If she was able to buy it outright then that's great but I'm not sure who advised her that's a good idea as first time buyer. Not even Elle could afford to buy somewhere outright but then again can't imagine her downsizing in the future.

Funny how it's always a "legacy" meaning make money and business, it's always materialist. it's never leaving a legacy for doing something good in the world, charity work, wanting to leave your family the legacy of being like a Martin Luther King or a Nelson Mandela. It's never about being the good in the world or stopping violence, hunger, poverty. He just wants to leave money and that's bleeping sad in my opinion.
It's this whole era of "new money" and influencers are the worst for it. No one seems to want to do any actual good with their status and if they do it's only ever for views and their own Monetary gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.