Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I just noticed Eleanor and bambino Becky have unfollowed each other. I wonder what happened! I feel like their friend groups cross paths and I’m almost sure they’re living in the same building so I wonder if it was a fallout or just drifting apart and one took the step to unfollow the other one first. I know at times I’ve watched Eleanors stories and actually physically cringed at how much she was trying hard to be funny or cute or quirky. At times I’ve thought “how do her friends put up with it?!”

• Wow
Reactions: 17

ot55

VIP Member
Lmao. If it’s not for entertainment Eleanor and you’re trying to tell the victim’s truths, why the clickbait titles?
ED7E73FA-5B7D-46E5-A78F-45865480D78D.jpeg
E168CC71-CC7B-46C1-B227-7016E70E91EF.jpeg
D63CBCCC-0730-404F-9E9D-BD70AE60C2D3.jpeg

TheMan

its always her smug ugly face front and centre, To be fair, True Crime really boils my piss nowadays. Every Tom And Dick has their own podcast, youtube etc. Its the laziest form of content. Reads a wiki, fakes shock and or disgust, and rake in the bucks.

mm901

i used to like her videos but i find the new tone of voice she uses for her videos really weird.. like she sounds giddy and excited talking about murder (also the happy go lucky omg download this right now sponsor voice then it cuts to her acting serious and dark).
hate the little quips and opinions she throws in along the lines of 'I don't know why they'd act like that/I wouldn't be acting like that' etc like well yeah... that person isn't you and there isn't a cookie cutter way to react to a traumatic experience.

even looking back now on her old videos i wonder why I used to like her, maybe cause I was younger or smth

Last edited:

bellamae9288

Her newest video about bianca devins... “e-girl murdered by instagram stalker” idk i just feel that’s disrespectful she has a name

megx

Does it annoy anyone else when she says, 'I want to thank todays sponsor for making this video possible'? I'm sure she can upload videos without having one

She did this with the Junko Furuta case too. She knows her audience is mainly very young so she should've skipped the details and if these kiddies really wanted to know then a quick Google search (just like what their queen does after all) would bring up all the info anyway. I get that some people have a morbid curiosity for this kind of thing but out of respect for Junko and her family+friends it should've been omitted, but she almost seemed to enjoy telling it
Oh god, ffs.

Junko Furuta's case is something that has traumatized many grown adults who've heard and seen a lot of shit before. It's truly awful, and it disgusts me when people approach the details like it's some cool 'top this shit, bro!' story. Let alone people who rake over it salaciously for shekels.

Kids shouldn't be exposed to stuff that can haunt adults, from the point of view of generating trauma they're not equipped to process, or being at a stage where it can fuck with their development emotionally or sexually. It's really not right to use such things as throwaway popcorn style entertainment generally, let alone for little kids. The sanctimony of a lot of true crime shills really starts to bug me in these instances. Patting themselves on the back for an occasional charity shout out doesn't make up for the fact you're choosing to rake up and wank over some family's horrific trauma for your own profit and egotism.

I saw one video of EN's where she announced she was doing a 'momicide' series and I nearly puked. She was so impressed with herself for coming up with this little witticism to describe the horrific deaths of women who have had children, she was giggling and congratulating herself in an utterly inappropriate, cringemaking way. Like the women weren't real people, at all.

• Sad
  • Angry

ot55

VIP Member
My issue with the ads is that all of her videos start off really chirpy because she’s in sale pitch mode, like ‘omg guys this mobile app is so much fun’ and then two minutes later she’s like ‘anyway, let’s talk about this person who was brutally murdered’.

If you watch a true crime documentary, there’s usually ads before the program starts, but the program itself is serious. If the lead detective they’re interviewing suddenly pulled out his phone and started reviewing best fiends you’d be like wtf

I’m not sure what the solution is, but it makes me uncomfortable. I think Kendall is a better example as although she sometimes does ads, it’s not every video and she often promotes charities that donate to related causes

Blue Rose

VIP Member
The constant sponsors is ridiculous. I’d understand maybe one or two companies she actually uses sponsoring her, but there’s no way she actually cares about all the products she’s paid to advertise. Can’t believe she uses people’s deaths to do these brand deals. Imagine someone you loved was murdered and you click on a video about it and the first thing you hear is a function of beauty add and all the gory details with barely any remorse shown for your loved one. I remember watching Eleanor’s older videos where she talked about how the case made her really upset and now she just jumps into talking about these horrible stories and ignoring the fact this happened to an actual person who had a life, friends and families.

I finally watched her Margo Prade video. I love how she acted like it was cute that she had no idea how university works.. It's really not complicated whatsoever. I didn't realize you had to be a college grad to know basic differences in degrees. She's clearly super intelligent and qualified to make these videos.

"Whoever killed Margo.... Wanted her dead." Wow, riveting take there Eleanor 😂😂

• Haha

citrineday

Chatty Member
clearly hit a nerve there lol
“sorry i can’t fit it into a 40 min vid” but for months and and months up until about 6 months ago she would post videos way over an hour? seems like a blatant excuse to me. why can’t you make vids over 40 mins?

Reactions: 16

ChloeBee

For crime I would 100% recommend Georgia Marie, she is so refreshing compared to other YouTubers and influencers, she's well spoken and sensitive to viewers and does her research, I also love that she promotes education and bettering yourself it's just so refreshing, in an internet world full of girls promoting getting your bits out and buying designer gear and range rovers be a Georgia 😂
Kendall Rae and the podcast she does are good too, she's not as pg as Georgia and her editing isn't as spot on as some others but I really like her and she covers some interesting topics

• Haha

anon20

VIP Member
I’m glad that she’s taken that awful knife noise out at the start of her videos! So disrespectful.

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
love kendall ,her videos are good and she's far more respectful than elanor
I wouldn’t go that far in praising Kendall, she is far too complimentary of the police and has no nuanced thoughts to her opinions. If someone is bad, they’re bad and that’s all there is to them.

For example, she and her husband did a podcast on Fred and Rose West and when she spoke of Fred’s childhood and the incest that went on in his home, she said that he and his mother would have sex with each other. She refused to call it rape. He was raped by his mother but because he’s a bad guy Kendall Rae doesn’t acknowledge the bad that happens to him.

The reality is anybody who profits off of true crime is exploitative and a sensationalist.

justme92

Can't stand this girl! when I first discovered true crime on YouTube I thought she seemed nice enough and covered a lot of UK cases that you didn't often see, but with a lot of them she was clearly just reading off Wikipedia articles or retelling a documentary practically word for word. Such a lack of proper research or depth goes into her videos, just the bare minimum that can be easily Googled. There was definitely at least one case where she got information wrong as well, it was a minor detail but it changed the way the case played out and I was surprised she left that in or didn't think to add a pinned comment correcting herself!! She stopped the "charity shoutouts" too which were crap anyway, what's the point in just name dropping a charity even if it's somewhat related to the case? If she was donating a percentage of profits from the video to it then cool, but it didn't seem that way (correct me if I'm wrong??)

I've seen a lot of people here mention her but honestly I'm not a huge fan of Kendall either, though she seems to have improved. Her earlier thumbnails were all just shocked faces that seemed really distasteful, but from what I can tell recently she actually donates to organisations and has family members and friends of victims on regularly. But she doesn't sit right with me, basically an American Eleanor. Didn't she have an older video where she was literally crying about needing money and begging her followers? The Mile Higher Podcast is hit and miss too, she has also said some pretty distasteful things on there. Then she did that collab video with Eleanor and to me that says it all, birds of a feather and all that. They both seem in it for the easy cash

tldr - Eleanor sucks, Kendall's not much better

• Heart

RJF

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion:

Eleanor Neale #2 The Case of the Exploitative True Crime YouTuber

lovethetea

She said on twitter that she's suffering with her mental health which is why she hasn't been posting as much, well done to her for being open and honest about her struggles! Its refreshing because most of the time we only see youtubers/gurus being open about MH when they're in the middle of drama (cough imogenation)

Hope it might make some of her younger subs see that MH isn't a taboo subject and help them open up with struggles

• Heart

kissfm

I swear I'm not normally this petty even on a gossip forum but the giggling??? On her Instagram stories when she does her giggly ditzy thing I seriously have to think if she's just constantly stoned or something??

• Haha

shammy24

I used to really like Eleanor and watched her for years but after her videos on Ana Kriegel I realised how disrespectful and lazy she is with her videos.

She continuously mispronounced Ana’s name and gave some excuse about how different sources had different pronunciations of it. That’s an outright lie. I’m Irish, I followed this case from the beginning, I’ve seen every news report and interview, etc and not once was her name ever pronounced differently between sources.

It’s just incredibly lazy and shows a lack of compassion for victims. But I feel like true crime content creators don’t have compassion and don’t see the stories they’re telling as affecting real people.
this was the last of her videos that I watched and I could only get about 10 minutes in. I’m Irish too and knowing how much of an impact Ana’s murder had on everyone here it just really upset me how nonchalant she was in telling the details and also milking a two parter out of it in true Eleanor fashion 🙄 I had been iffy about her for a long time before but that was the last straw for me, haven’t watched one of her videos since and don’t plan on watching any in the future, coffeehouse crime all the way for me.

• Wow