Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

citrineday

Chatty Member
her fans are so insensitive and small minded in the sense that they don’t even show compassion for the crime in the video, just about their icon lord and saviour eleanor neale. they CANNOT ‘read the room’ and just don’t know what is appropriate.

for example, on videos about children being murdered, the comment sections are flooded with comments like “can we talk about how gorgeous eleanors makeup is 😍😍🥵🥵

ummm… no?!? not here! not on a video about a child whose been murdered, wtf is wrong with you?!? read the room, that is NOT appropriate in the situation.

ALSO, how interesting is it that she removes comments where people out her for her greediness, laziness , insensitivity and so on, yet will happily keep up comments that are showing affection to her on videos about incredibly sensitive subjects.

classic eleanor eh? if it benefits her then it’s fine 😡🤢

• Angry
Reactions: 20

Mcmuffin

I find the advertisement of her merch and NordVPN JUST after introducing the case personally a little distasteful and uncomfortable, not sure if that's just me.

• Heart

Skinnylike

After seeing this photo on her tagged on Instagram, it definitely looks like she’s had weight loss surgery going by the appearance of her stomach. Zoom in to see properly. No hate but she could do with being more transparent View attachment 1194871
i mean her channel is about about true crime specifically. other things may come into plus but her channel is true crime based so she doesn’t owe you anything about that

this to me comes back to womens ‘obligations’ we don’t owe you anything outside of what we have to do do our appearance shouldn’t come into play unless it’s what our job requires.

there’s actual shit to criticise eleanor on not to do with appearance, so îmo we should stick to that otherwise it’s being rude to no reason

• Heart

lilly92

Oh, I believe her.
They must have sent her some for the sponsorship. Before then, she never owned any XD
I love how she's sitting there in a gymshark top and it's literally the first time we've ever seen her in any form of activewear. How do her viewers actually think she's genuine? And it's such an insensitive ad when she's going on to talk about the death of a young girl...if I was a member of the victim's family I'd be upset.

mochibean

VIP Member
Eleanor is even more unlikeable lately, the new intro with the knife... like really? She's covered cases with knife crime as the main theme just seems a bit tacky to use as an intro. The giggling, eye-rolling and immature comments are just gross. Does she forget these are REAL people's traumatic events and not just some made-up story?! She's so incredibly insensitive it's infuriating.

Her fans are also something else entirely, I got attacked and harassed on tiktok for calling her out on her bs on a video about insensitive true crime creators. They need a reality check if they think the way she presents these videos is in any way okay.

lilly92

I love her videos!! And she's really pretty. Although research wise, I don't think she goes quite into as much depth as say, Danelle Hallan or Stephanie Harlowe. I feel like she just has an interest in true crime and likes telling the stories whereas they reach out to you trying to get you to spread the word, raise awareness or donate to fundraisers. She's funny on Twitter, but yeah a lot different than her YouTube persona. But then again, she is quite young!

lilly92

She's in her 20's, still lives at home with her mum and probably has never had a proper job. She shouldn't be patting herself on the back for doing half assed "research" and regurgitating it in front of a camera. Why would anyone need a break from that??

Somethingandnothing

I’m sorry but I’m sick to death of her “2 part” videos when she could easily fit the story in 1 video. She’s just too lazy to record it all in one day.
It’s such a shame that there’s other crime channels that put in 1000% more effort than her and don’t get no where near as much attention as Eleanor does.

bookish

It’s not that I hate the fatties I just hate that they get away with their pure laziness. More so than a thin or healthy person because no one wants to come across mean to them. I’m sorry that I’ve probably hurt your feelings and I’m sure you’re the exception to the rule and you’re not lazy. It wasn’t meant to offend anyone.
She is lazy.
Being overweight or even chubby has absolutely no bearing on how lazy a person is.

Exhibit A - the laziest person I've ever seen in my entire life:
zoe.jpeg

Exhibit B:
niomi.jpeg

Exhibit C:
tanya.jpeg

Oh, and ALL of them get away with their laziness because they're skinny and pretty.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

babya123

All the ads payed off 😂 apartment in London ain’t cheap
Loool my first thought when I saw that video. I was like ah explains the splitting the hour videos into half an hour each with multiple different companies. Nice to see you capitalising off of innocent people’s deaths got you an apartment in London 👍🏾

lilly92

I'm really put off by this merch launch tbh...it would be different if she released t-shirts with a link for a charity for missing people or something that actually raised awareness Like Kendall Rae and helped the families of missing and murdered people and if some of the money went to charity? But as far as I'm aware she's keeping all the profits and all of her merch just has her name on it? Bit egotistical and it makes me feel like she's profiting off murder victims.

artemist

Chatty Member
I watched the video with the gymshark ad in last night and came to see if she had a thread here. Ridiculously insensitive to have a fitness wear ad on a video about a girl being murdered while out on a run/walk and had her murder solved partly by her fitness tracker. It’s completely tone deaf. Why is she trying to make bank off of fitness gear on a video of a girl who was murdered keeping fit? In a sense she’s profiting off her death.

• Heart

cbingyd

Time to unsubscribe and un follow what is she thinking?! Eleanor has completely gone down in my estimations. I’ve read through this thread and now realise so many bad things she’s doing to the TC community. Not even putting the victims names in the titles just catchy titles for views. These peoples murders are becoming money for a lavish lifestyle in london… it’s not right.

Lottielillie

It always pissed me off when she would promise a themed week and then miss out on days because she was ‘stressed.’ Why don’t you just pre-film everything and make sure you have a weeks worth of content before saying you’re doing a themed week? I’m guessing she leaves everything last minute huh?

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Absolutely love her, I fall asleep each night listening to one of her YouTube videos. I think she’s fab!
Yes I love someone who giggles whilst talking about crimes, interjects her own ridiculous opinions, gets facts wrong and ignores families when they ask for things to be taken down / told they are wrong. 10/10!

• Heart
  • Haha

goldcharms999

I’m unsure if anyone else has seen this but it’s really rubbed me the wrong way this morning, how people don’t see the issue with her relating true crime - REAL LIFE cases about REAL PEOPLE to ‘telling stories’ is beyond me.

she really does try to play the role of the cutesy girl who’s ‘scary’ job is the polar opposite of her uWu innocent personality and it comes off as so so ignorant - it’s crazy that no one has called it out sooner.

also this may just be me being petty but nothing annoys me more than girls playing dumber than they are to come off as ‘cute’ - she was never this insufferable when she first started so we know this isn’t how smart she is at all, like I say; seems like a role she plays to be that girl who also does true crime, if we could even call it that from the dramatic additions she throws in now more than ever.

CA2E7D2C-07FA-4061-8BBB-295A9A4BE9C3.png

• Sick

xxxxxxxxx123

Idk I'm not inclined to believe any of it unless I see proof. Bully or not it's all hear say.
I literally went to school with her?

Was in her year group and am telling you as a first hand witness that it isn’t true.

i knew both girls at the time of the alleged bullying, I wasn’t particularly close to either but we all knew each other so I know both their personalities and characteristics

I’m not sure what else you want? I can see that you’ve taken a dislike to her which you’re more than entitled to do but here I am answering your question and because it’s not the answer you wanted youre dismissing it

also its not “hear say” when I was there, knew both girls and I’m telling you straight up that it didn’t happen 🤣

Last edited:

citrineday

Chatty Member
i see she renamed her “the lana clarkson case” video to “music producer turned murderer- phil spector”

anything to make the video seem more eye catching for the purpose of entertainment eh? anything to bring in more views and £. and taking the name away from the victim in the process

• Wow

mochibean

VIP Member
'Personality disorders aren't mental illnesses, they can't be treated'.

Is she joking?! I know she's addressed it in a pinned comment but come on. As someone with BPD who lives a totally normal life (after a lot of hard work) they 100% can be treated. Even ones like NPD can be treated, the person just needs to be willing to seek treatment.

Personality disorders are a group of mental illnesses.

She does 0 research and just spreads more harmful stigma regarding mental health. Despite claiming to be a mental health advocate in the past!! :mad:

• Heart

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
I used to really like Eleanor's videos but I've just unsubscribed from her. Her tendency towards clickbait titles, every video selling sponsored tat and stretching out videos that don't need to be in multiple parts just feels so exploitative and disrespectful. Not to mention her swarms of fans commenting stuff like 'Yes queen, your eyeliner is perfect' which has nothing to do with the victims and which she also doesn't discourage.

Plus I've realised how shoddy her research is: she literally just regurgitates Wikipedia and if the case involves something from another country she always says things like 'I don't know how it works there'. Erm, look it up then? It is literally your job.