Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Merch like this from true crime youtubers makes me so uncomfortable.
The spy glass when everyone knows she does 0 research herself and most of the time it’s wrong or inaccurate 😂
The crime scene tape around the plant too, I’ll monetising off people’s deaths to the extent Eleanor does makes me feel funny 😂😂

It’s like Eleanor has forgotten she’s talking about real life cases, she treats the videos like fictional stories.

Attachments

Reactions: 19

Binx

VIP Member
"I don't know why my videos have been more than a one parter recently"

wouldn't have anything to do with shilling out to more sponsors per video would it Eleanor?

Reactions: 19

Geometricart

First time returning to Eleanor's videos for a few months (I've been away) I was genuinely baffled with the new giddy, upbeat and almost mean girl persona she has adopted in her latest videos, It's incredibly disrespectful and distasteful. Very much a jovian me girl attitude it's wildly inappropriate. I used to enjoy her videos, it seems like she is trying to become a popular influencer, hence the second channel. She should keep her childish personality for the other channel. I have since unsubscribed. Also I am friends with some of the family members of people she has covered and they are incredibly unhappy, they have tried to contact her to take some videos down or re film them but she simply ignored them. Very bizarre. I will stick with Stephanie Harlow. Such a shame!

Reactions: 18

figgypud

Chatty Member
I get those "mean girl" vibes from Eleanor where she laughs or sneers at anything slightly alternative, like BDSM or the killer who was heavily into cartoons. Leave people's lifestyles alone if it's not directly relevant to the case or at the very least stay neutral about it.

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
Her newest video about bianca devins... “e-girl murdered by instagram stalker” idk i just feel that’s disrespectful she has a name
Also the fact that Bianca’s family have repeatedly expressed that people stop using her name and story for videos like why can’t she respect the families wishes???

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I know people have moaned about the gym shark collab but the advice that was given I did actually find really interesting. Theirs a large park near me that I walk around often in the evenings and it would never have really popped into my mind to change route etc as you never know who’s watching, also the story that followed and the fact the girl had the app which tracks routes etc made me download a similar one where I can send energency flag to a contact. Bit shady she said she always wears gym shark when we’ve never seen her wearing it before but you know, big girls can wear fitness clothes as well
For me it was the fact it felt so disrespectful to the 14 year old girl who had died and her family. It’s a great message but a lot of time was spent on it and then almost followed by and this girl didn’t do that and is dead. Just felt inappropriate - alongside the fact we have never heard Eleanor talk about running etc it doesn’t sit right. Nobody is saying bigger people can’t wear gym wear but again have we ever seen Eleanor wear gym clothes even for lounging? No. Just another ad for something for money rather than genuinely using the product.

ot55

VIP Member
I totally agree that she dehumanises the victims. I thought her thumbnail for the English eyeball killer video was really unfair. Because from previous thumbnails, the picture of the eye and the title, I thought the guy in the thumbnail was the killer, but he’s actually the victim. It seems really disrespectful.

9F60D01D-C7AB-4289-804B-594EC281543E.jpeg

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
I’ve just seen a tiktok comment describing Eleanor’s job as ‘mentally traumatic’, she’s a youtuber not a coroner 😂😂

• Haha
One thing that annoys me about her videos is that she'll say 'i don't know' a lot about certain things, she did it in one of her recent videos. Like it's her job to research these things, how can she not know?

figgypud

Chatty Member
I don't like her put-on cutesy "oh no maybe that's wrong I don't know haha don't come for me" thing that she does more often in videos now. Like, you've made it your job to know that and to get things right.

• Heart

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
Came here after watching her cover the Elaine O’Hara case. I used to watch her years ago but genuinely couldn’t believe the way she handled this case.

She was giggling about how Elaine and her murderer were into BDSM, when it was going down that path that lead to her being killed. She mentioned multiple times how vulnerable Elaine was and still found it funny and was smirking about the police finding Elaine’s drawer of sex toys. Just so wrong and inappropriate.

She talked about how the case gripped Ireland and everyone was obsessed with it, which is partly true. Mainly people were following the case closely because of how dark it was and how tragically Elaine had been let down by the health service and authorities. Eleanor made out like we were all rabidly drooling over it like it was a movie. No one was.

Just made me feel so uncomfortable. Not to mention the fact that she prefaced the two parts (which could have been one) with adverts for a “farm game” and a streaming service. I think it’s disgusting that she makes money off of this.

Reactions: 17

citrineday

Chatty Member
is it really necessary for her to put blood splatters on the thumbnails? particularly on a video like her recent one about the 2 babies and a child who were killed?

just seen she’s added ‘part 2’ at the end of the case about the ‘haircut killer’ looks like she’s taking in our comments lol

Last edited:

MelissaJade

I came across Eleanor’s YouTube Channel during one of our very many lockdowns. I thought at first that they were short, informative and she seemed really nice as I was watching old video. Randomly she became really different. She keeps referencing in her newer videos as “this is my job” and “this is what I do for a living” and “check out my new merch” which I found really weird because I watch Kendall Rae and she’s so different. I used to find them similar (in a way) but Eleanor has just randomly become ALL ABOUT THE MONEY wheras Kendall literally donates “all proceeds” to charity and even donates her own money too. Kendall came to England to meet Eleanor and they did a Video together on Jack the Ripper, Part 1 is on Kendall’s YT and Part 2 on Eleanor’s YT. Eleanor… In her latest video she was talking about the brutal killing of a teenage girl and I found it so disrespectful that she needed “another two parter” for this! She did a video or 6 on Elaine Ohara and she was giggling all the way through them. Then she turns all dark for “entertainment purposes” I’m guessing.

Overall… I feel like she’s really dumbing down not only herself by giggling at really insensitive stuff (she’s in her 20’s not her pre-teens) but she’s also not doing the victims any justice at all. She just want Money and Social Status! I’ve often watched her videos and seen the way she comes across and tbh I wouldnt be surprised if someone was makinga true crime video on her one day! She’s a narcissist and it shows. Very full of herself. I’ve unsubscribed to her channel.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Why can’t she stick to one title. The same case made out like three different ones
View attachment 728455
I knew her trick but she still got me.

I saved the Mice and Men case as the title interested me, I never would have guessed it was the final part of a 3 part story.

The titles have no connection to each other and unless you've got the last 2 side by side, you will miss that it has the same guy in the thumbnail.

She's very sneaky with it and I'm not sure why. Her content seems to do well as it is, without her duping her viewers. I'm sure they've got used to the fact that her videos are usually more than one part. No reason why she shouldn't be upfront about it.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
she really pushes her personal opinions in her videos...
I always think she’s very critical of the police and the justice system. Which yes, at times is a joke. But I find it really bizarre when she comments on police protocols without any knowledge. I’m not saying our justice system is ideal, far from it, but there are processes that are in place for a reason.

quite often she makes comments that suggest she think a case was easy to crack and the perpetrator was obvious, but it’s very easy to say such things in hindsight.