Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Salaam ("peace"), everyone. I'm new to this thread, still flipping through pages, but I've watched Eleanor for a few years now and I'm so appreciative of everyone's criticisms in here as they not only underline odd feelings I've been having but also completely enlighten me on behaviors I've missed.

I remember an older episode about Joanna Yeates, where Eleanor mentioned her murderer meeting with a chaplain while he was in prison, and there was this pretty annoying fumbling of words on her part as she tried to explain what a prison chaplain is, and then she settled with "it's kind of like a prison...priest...?" and then she just lightheartedly discounted everything she had tried to explain, deciding she doesn't actually know. Granted, this was just one instance of MANY in which she stumbled over topics and concepts and such, but it stood out to me because I'm studying to be a grief counselor and hospice chaplain and like...we're basically spiritual counselors...we work in an extensive range of social contexts to provide pastoral & spiritual care to those in need of it.

That doesn't matter, my greater point is that google literally would have handed her that definition in .3 seconds, tops. That's all she had to do was google it, maybe scribble it on a notepad, if it's a mouthful, and recite it into the camera. In that very same video, she struggled to describe the murderer's job as a "people flow analyst." I don't know when or if she hired a researcher for her channel now, but I'm sure that back then she was doing this work herself, and even THAT pitiful rambling didn't qualify as "research."

It bothered me not just because of the whole I'm-studying-what-you're-making-a-joke-about thing but because it was just fucking lazy??? Did she feel she studied enough about the case that the tinier details just didn't matter and she could slip past them??? Idk, it's lazy.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

RJF

VIP Member
I watched her latest video (the one about the Maths teacher who was murdered by her pupil) and parts of her delivery left an awful taste in my mouth. She seemed to really relish talking about the gorier details around what happened to the woman’s body, almost as if she was enjoying talking about it? Such an odd vibe.

I’m pleased that this was a one-parter but she’s still dreadful at pacing her videos and being concise in her storytelling. She went on a really random tangent about the details of a Halloween costume that the victim had worn years and years before she’d even met her killer. It had absolutely no relevance at all other than to elongate the video.

• Sad

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Another two parter 😡😡😡 where she blames her subscribers for long cases. This video is 33 minutes, 3 minutes is her sponsor. 30 minutes. Say the second half is 30 minutes that’s an hour. Perfectly reasonable length of video for a true crime case - others can be way over an hour. Just say you’re a lazy money grabber Eleanor no need to keep lying. (Not watching it now I know it’s two parts!)

holaholahola

I recommend watching “the broken morality of true crime videos” on YouTube. It was published this week and is a great watch!

kissfm

But have you not detected these things whilst enjoying her videos 😂 you don’t have to be a genius to work out she’s a bit crappy at doing them and there’s far better people to watch!
Tbf I never saw anything wrong with her until I came on here and read completely different opinions. After reading on here I just couldn't ignore the snickering and disrespect towards the victims and the insane amount/nature of ads. I actually liked the two parters because I timed my workouts by her videos (so like 40 minutes) and thought that was well handy until I realised how she's obviously only doing them to monetize on a case twice or thrice even... as someone paying for YT premium I do not need to sit through 3 (very tone deaf) ads to learn about a single case thank u very much

Reactions: 15

babya123

dont agree with it then?
i'm stating a fact and that is it is unhealthy
Not really a fact though is it. Just cause someone is big doesn’t mean they’re unhealthy and just cause someone is skinny doesn’t mean they’re healthy. I probably eat worse than her and I’m a size 4/6. I just won the genetic Lottery and I’m lucky enough to have fast metabolism? If she was skinny you wouldn’t say anything it’s only because she’s on the larger side you’re voicing this opinion.

• Haha
  • Heart

ot55

VIP Member
Why can’t she stick to one title. The same case made out like three different ones
30C7F402-EBBA-42A5-8910-C95A3923CF3A.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

kissfm

I watch Bella Fiori, I haven’t found any major flaws with her yet. I can’t stand makeup/mukbang true crime youtubers, I just don’t get it at ALL, true crime isn’t very respectful altogether but plugging Anastasia Beverly Hills brow in the middle of talking about the killing of a victim just takes the cake

shammy24

Another two part video yesterday, it’s genuinely ridiculous at this stage. I really don’t understand why she can’t label them as part one and part two either, instead she gives them completely unrelated titles and thumbnails. I’ve watched her for as long as she’s been making true crime videos and do like having her on as background noise while I work but the blatant money grabbing as of late has really started to put me off.

citrineday

Chatty Member
like i mentioned before some of her old videos are over an hour. and she’s just done a 2 part where each video is 30 MINS. there is literally no reason to do that ?!?! wtf is up with that behaviour. so blatantly money grabbing and lazy i can’t even comprehend

she acts like she’s doing it because the subscribers want shorter videos ? bs!

1. why would anyone want a shorter video? if you can’t watch the whole thing in one go then just pause it and come back later ?!?!!!
2. why would anyone rather have to wait longer to hear the end of a case ?!?!?
3. if you can’t hear the whole thing in one go then at least if it’s in one video you can go back to it whenever you want and don’t have to wait ages for the next part
4. potentially wanting shorter videos makes sense as in shorter CASES. i can see why some people only like to listen to shorter cases eg attention span. but that’s not the case in 2 part videos because it’s still the same case length!

30 mins for a part one you have to be kidding me ...

lilly92

TEN SECONDS into the John Gacy video and she got a detail wrong. John Gacy dressed up as Pogo the clown for parties, hospital visits etc. but she said he dressed up as the clown while murdering people. How can she have a team of researchers and still be wrong about one of the most notorious murderers in history before the video even begins?!

• Wow

hillbillycraig

I’ve been reading this thread for a while and I agree with everything everyone’s saying.
She’s extremely disrespectful, she’s lazy with the content she uploads and I know this is awful to say but she defo doesn’t look well at the minute but I think it could be because we are used to seeing her with such heavy makeup and with more weight on her and she’s changed so quick so it could just be that?
But what annoys me the most about her is her little cult following she has. They will defend her so hard it’s scary, every video they are there in the comments praising her for her lazy work, if anyone dare criticises her they will make their lives hell. It’s strange why they are so obsessed with her, how can they not see how disrespectful she is.
I also think her erratic, childish behaviour could do with substance abuse, I know a lot of her YouTube group abuse substances so it wouldn’t surprise me if she’s joined in.
I used to really enjoy her videos it’s sad to see her change so much so quickly :(

l2mhb0

I’m just rewatching her old videos and found that when she moved to her new set up is when her videos really started going downhill. She used to do one hour long serial killer videos and the structure was so amazing and unique, and now she spends one hour telling us about their past 20 girlfriends and repeating the same sentences with different words. And then another part where she does the exact same thing, but after their death.

She has become so lazy and she even has an editor now, and she’s uploading less? How does that happen? Editors are for people who are so busy who don't have the time to edit. I can’t imagine Eleanor being too busy.

Also, the way she makes the end of part 1 a cliffhanger is SO uneasy and disrespectful to me. These peoples lives aren’t entertainment, aren’t cliffhangers, we’re talking about people who lost their lives and their family still grieve.

aurora_

another first time poster here too! i just saw her tweet where she said about taking a two week break off 'for the first time ~ever~' - does anyone else think this is a lie and that she has taken time off just to have a break before? idk i might be wrong but i recall her taking breaks in the past

FJones

That's so sad. Sorry to hear. If she doing more harm than good, you and your family can contact her to take the video down.
We have tried and the most she did was blur the pictures of my cousin Hayley 😢

this is why I can’t stand the true crime community and these youtubers. They are literally profiting off the tragedies of families like yourselves. I’m so sorry for your family and the person you lost. I don’t know how these people sleep at night knowing they are making light entertainment out of real peoples lives
Thank you so much, she talked about it like she was there the whole time and knew all the facts, everyone in the comments are bashing my family and her children have to read that

I am so sorry.
Thank you so much

I am so sorry you’ve had to go through that. That’s exactly the reason she rubs me up the wrong way.
We contacted her to take it down, I know that she had seen it because all she did was blur the pictures

I'm sorry. At the least, I've heard other true crime content creators get in touch with family members either for information or to let them know they'll be covering the case. It'll be literally no loss to her to remove the video.

Did you try to message her? Did she reply? I'm sure YouTube must have a rule where you can take a video down if it contains you or someone you know. That must be a privacy violation.
Her eldest son emailed (no reply) we reported the video along with lots of other people, I know she had seen something or knew we weren’t happy because she re edited it and blurred the photos, no one got on contact with us :(

Eleanor has had at least one family member of a victim (Alissa Turney) ask her to take down a video in the past, albeit that was back when she was starting out. If she doesn't respond, try contacting YouTube
All she’s done is blur the pictures and not even replied to any of my family members with an apology or anything

EN irritates the hell out of me… she seems like a typical fat lazy person who does the bare minimum and earns off it.
Are people actually buying her merch?

She just seems so money grabbing.

Her fans are the worst, comments like “is no one going to mention how stunning she looks”
Literally on a case about child rape… wtf?

people will start to see through her soon believe me.
She “covered” my cousins murder and the click bait on that was “murdered for changing her Facebook status” she gets info off the public, doesn’t bother contacting the family involved, exaggerates and bare lies to give videos a “twist” my family got absolutely slandered because she made out my family supported the relationship and didn’t try to help in anyway, we complained, reported it everything you can think of but it is still up, I know she knows we aren’t happy because instead of taking it down she just blurred the pictures (I think to help her case of keeping the video up) she tries to come off all nice and respectful and gullible people fall for it, the real ones know she’s vile and makes money off tragedy, I can’t stand her and I’d dread to see her in public

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry

ot55

VIP Member
Why has she brought out merch when she does jack shit?
And who’s going to want to buy a t-shirt with the word ‘Neale’ written on it?

• Haha

ChloeBee

Thing is lots of YouTubers are technically profiting from murder cases but it's how you go about it, Kendall Rae for example as above she has merch that helps charities, she does videos to bring awareness to petitions and promotes getting justice for people that might not have been heard about, she also consults with the families a lot or let's them speak on the videos or give their story, Georgia Marie encourages education and causes as do some other YouTubers but with Eleanor it doesn't come across that way

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
I used to really like Eleanor and watched her for years but after her videos on Ana Kriegel I realised how disrespectful and lazy she is with her videos.

She continuously mispronounced Ana’s name and gave some excuse about how different sources had different pronunciations of it. That’s an outright lie. I’m Irish, I followed this case from the beginning, I’ve seen every news report and interview, etc and not once was her name ever pronounced differently between sources.

It’s just incredibly lazy and shows a lack of compassion for victims. But I feel like true crime content creators don’t have compassion and don’t see the stories they’re telling as affecting real people.

Reactions: 14

thereala_

I literally can’t stand watching her videos anymore. She shows absolute 0 respect to anyone involved and I find it so disgusting. There are so many better people out there now like Danelle Hallam, and Kendall Rae who show the utmost respect for everyone involved and actually don’t mess around with 2 parters, and also use their platforms to raise awareness of issues and try to push for justice.
they also show true emotion, haven’t seen Eleanor show any ounce of emotion in any of her videos

Reactions: 14