Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChloeBee

It seems unfair that Georgia Marie gets so few views compared to Eleanor and others, I've said it before but she has a routine for her videos, she sticks to it and they're always fair well researched, Eleanor rarely bothers to even upload now and it's just randomly

• Heart
Reactions: 25

kissfm

I hate her intro??? It makes me cringe every time? You can’t possibly be serious making videos on knife crime etc and having a knife sound effect as your intro followed up by an ad for shower gels and then saying “if you’re triggered by domestic violence click out of this video now” like girl none of that goes together and you’re coming across super money hungry and disrespectful. I get she has to monitize her videos because youtube is paying for her massive apartment in a very boujee building but there has to be a better way to monetize than this…

Reactions: 24

ot55

VIP Member
I used to really enjoy her videos when I was first getting into true crime, but I’ve since found much better creators (I personally recommend Redhanded the podcast).

This might sound a bit harsh, but I feel somewhat like she’s profiting off of other people’s tragedy. I know that could be said about most true crime content creators, but there are many out there who raise real awareness and seem passionate. Eleanor barely uploads and when she does, she’s basically reading off Wikipedia. Yet she has ads in all her videos. I’m all about Youtubers making a living, but she’s hardly a full time YouTuber 😐 It just seems like easy money for her.

In the latest video alone, she has 4 mid roll ads, a paid ad with that shampoo company, not to mention affiliate links and her channel membership you can subscribe to. I think for such little effort, it just doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 23

l2mhb0

Does anybody else find her super lazy? I don’t follow any other social media’s so there could be a reason, but I find it unprofessional that she has no regular upload schedule and never has. Even when she used to do her themed weeks, she never stuck to them. I like her content don’t get me wrong, I just don’t understand why she’s more popular than those that ‘do more’ than her.

j2611m2805

Does anyone else hate when true crime youtubers make it a point to say what the killer’s zodiac sign is? They committed murder because they’re evil not because they’re a virgo 💀

• Haha

citrineday

Chatty Member
tw violence and animal abuse

what the actual FUCK?!?!? i genuinely think i want to be sick? we’re already talking about how damn disrespectful she is, she just made some ‘sexy caption’ on a pic of her posing and the caption she’s tried to make all entertaining and smooth is about a fucking ANIMAL ABUSER WHO KILLED SOMEONE WITH AN ICEPICK AND PUT IT ON THE INTERNET. AND MURDERED CATS

what eleanor means in this fucking disgusting caption is luka magnotta not only murdered someone but also filmed himself torturing and murdering cats and kittens in the most evil, disgusting and cruel ways that people cannot even comprehend.

and here eleanor is, using a smooth little comparison of a human and animal murderer torturing and murdering cats for her ‘cute lil selfie pose!’

am i REALLY seeing with my own eyes a TRUE CRIME YOUTUBER whose job it is to be respectful about victims and cases, using a crime case as a jokey insta caption for her selfie pose ?

fuck this girl. i can’t believe i used to like her. i cannot fucking stand her. sort it out eleanor you make me sick

4888B051-9157-4FD7-923B-017FE15D0587.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry

SteffiM

I'm a real true crime addict and have watched most of these people. What annoys me about EN is that she ad-libs details into cases, which she can't possibly know e.g. she will say how the person was feeling. I also hate it when she says "I don't know" regarding fairly obvious things because she could just Google it. Lately, she seems to be covering stories others have done but her titles are so different that you don't realise until you start watching. I gathered that her viewers must be very young because anyone else wouldn't appreciate the laziness and click-baiting.

Reactions: 22

alwys.liddle

RE: video just posted today

“Just a warning this video contains abuse against a disabled person, manipulation, and taking advantage of disabled people…it’s basically throughout the entire video…”

“Now on to thank our sponsor: Raid Shadow Legends”

*sighs* c’mon now…you know she doesn’t actually play that shit.

l2mhb0

I may be looking into this too much but.. does anybody remember when BLM protests began and at the start of her video that she posted throughout the protests she promised to cover more POC cases? Well its been a while now, she's only done 3 cases which have POC included and in all 3, the POC is the murderer. To me, it seems as though she isn't covering cases that don't have justice purely because of racism, which for example Bailey Sarian did do with Tulsa Race Massacre and the case of Rocky Myers.

Eleanor has such a huge platform out of most strictly true crime youtubers, yet she hasn't really done anything at all to educate about racism and injustice within the 'justice' system. It's never too late because injustice is very much still happening everyday, I'm just wondering when she'll upload a video that she isn't wearing her tacky merch in, and educates her audience properly, and to give money to a BLM charity instead of towards her merch.

xxxxxxxxx123

All of the likes on the post were from people who also went to school with her and knew what she was like at the time. Also the girl who posted it has all her posts set to public so it wasn’t just that specific post and therefore the point above that her setting it to public ‘says a lot’ is redundant.

As someone who bore the brunt of some of her nastiness in school, I can confirm that she was a bully back then. She was nasty without cause a lot of the time. She may have grown out of it now and just gone though a phase of high school bitchness, but regardless the post didn’t shock me as someone who has also seen that side of her.
you’re making it pretty clear who you are B

Strange enough that you’d put it on Facebook and try get it shared around and even worse you’re putting it on a gossip site in the hopes it goes further and reaches your “target audience” because you can’t be happy for someone else

nobody and I repeat nobody else saw her as a bully in our year, I knew you both and I don’t speak to either of you anymore but it’s so clear to everyone that you’re jealous and bitter

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

molly0711

7867490C-1009-4D66-B842-69C01E91CB05.png

did anyone else see this comment on Eleanors most recent video? How can people think it’s acceptable to find something this funny in a video about one of America’a worst serial killers. Her fans astound me

• Wow

Lottielillie

I research and watch true crime documentaries all the time, am I traumatised? No?

She gets paid a fortune to read other people’s misfortunes on the internet. She lives in a luxurious flat in London because of it… She tried to be an influencer back in the day and that flopped so now she’s a fairly average true crime YouTuber at best.

I used to really like Eleanor and watch her videos constantly. But the money and views have changed her and she’s lost touch with reality. The lack of sincerity for real people and their families all so she can make some easy money is awful.

Does anyone else just not buy into the whole persona she portrays on twitter? She acts as if she’s an insta baddie, when in her videos she’s always awkwardly giggling or apologising for something the comments have picked up on

Blueblue123

VIP Member
How the hell did the families make a case public? And when they do it's not for entertainment, it's for help. These stories get picked up by media BECAUSE they're tragic, not for the public to make light of. And it definitely doesn't mean they deserve ridicule. Eleanor is 100% encouraging this attitude and it's horrible.

Reactions: 20

bookish

I don’t know who they are or care but they seem motivated enough to keep a good body
You're the luckiest person on the planet to not know Zoe Sugg, Niomi Smart or Tanya Burr.
And I wouldn't call eating disorders "motivated enough to keep a good body". :rolleyes: Starving yourself or binge eating and purging isn't exactly admirable degrees of motivation

ot55

VIP Member
why are people slating eleanor neale its literally on the internet she spends hours filming videos on true crime so what if she makes money from it she is just earning a living i love that girl the videos are always calming. im sorry to those whos famlies are on this page about her cases shes covered but its on the internet she doesnt need anyone permission to make videos from information shes researched
Hi Eleanor x

• Heart
  • Haha

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
I watch her crime videos. A lot of them are just her basically reading the Wikipedia article out.
It kills me how she basically does a disclaimer trying to avoid any criticism for getting things wrong, missing details etc. It's your research and your face, take some bloody ownership and responsibility for getting things right. FFS.