Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ot55

VIP Member
Looked at the job she’s advertising. In other words, you do all the work for her, she’ll rock up and read your notes and benefit from all the sponsors 😂 couldn’t see a salary but you know it won’t be near anywhere close to what she gets
0A8F6465-57A8-4C8D-A2C3-279140262378.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

mochibean

VIP Member
I'd have 0 clue that the eyeball and her newest video titled 'the schoolboy serial killer are connected.. can we not just call it eyeball murder part 1+2. PLEASE.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Jesus, so she's basically hiring somone to come up with her content? I can understand hiring an editor or something like that but this just leaves a bad taste. I rarely watch her videos anymore cos so many others do true crime better than her now. The success and money had clearly gone to her head and she wants to put in as little effort as possible.
Surely the point of being a true crime YouTuber is that you do the research and put your videos together. If she wants someone else to do that for her, surely they could set up their own channel 😂 She would literally just be a presenter. I’d get it if she was hiring an editor or something like that, but hiring someone to do everything for you seems…weird 😂
Also, the fact she doesn’t mention pay seems shady to me. Any job advert that neglects to mention any kind of pay is a bit shifty in my opinion. I know sometimes it’s discussed at interviews but prospective employees deserve to know what they can expect so they know of it can financially support them.

I liked her until I noticed she was constantly putting bits at the beginning about why her videos were late. I would binge watch her videos and she was making excuses in like.. Every one. She acted like it was cute and quirky. I do generally like her content I just don't understand why she gets so many views. Maybe a lot of her fans are teens

citrineday

Chatty Member
just got a notification for her new video which she’s named the “8 child massacre”. i genuinely don’t even have words for how money grabbing, disrespectful, and insensitive that is.

• Sick

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Okay I just watched her new video and I'm baffled and concerned seeing the lack of nuance, mob mentality, and ignorance of how a civilized legal system is supposed to work that I'm witnessing in the comments.
Half the people there are saying "who cares if violent criminals get a fair trail or not, how can lawyers live with themselves when defending someone like this, I wish police officers were allowed to be as harsh as they want when interrogating criminals".
Like, are they literal children? Do they realize that these rules are there to prevent miscarriages of justice that could potentially result in innocent people suffering? The case literally featured the father and grandpa of the victim almost being intimidated into giving false confessions by the police. Did they forget about that part?

silkytoes

as someone who knows both people (Eleanor and the OP) I can confirm this isn’t true and Eleanor was never a bully

I know a lot of people were really shocked to see that posted on Facebook because Eleanor was so quiet in school but the OP was an attention seeker in school and the fact she set it to public so it would get shared around says a lot

we are from a small town and people hate to see others succeeding round here, really cruel tbh but not true at all
Tbh I can't imagine it being real because from the small amount of videos I've seen of Eleanor's, she does seem like she'd be a quiet person in real life.

But this post has over 50 likes, some of them being love hearts which to me would suggest there's people who saw that and agreed with it. What were the comments like, did anyone call them out?

velvetn0mates

VIP Member
That wasn’t me agreeing. Lol that was me saying “even if true”. Even if it is true to you and it is what you believe, we can agree to disagree. You being “on the larger side” doesn’t really give you a ticket to talk about her like that but I digress.
wellll you're on a public forum and people can, unfortunately, say what they'd like.

• Heart

justme92

Another two parter! It’s so obvious she’s doing it so she can get at least two sponsorships per case. Also it’s really irritating me that she makes the two parts sound completely unrelated:
‘The English eyeball killer’ and ‘the school boy serial killer’
‘The reality tv show murder’ and ‘the body found in a suitcase’

Totally agree that the titles are pure clickbait. Like the one she titled ‘the Chinese takeaway killer’...it seemed really unnecessary
Sadly she has been doing this for a while, I remember one she titled "KILLED FOR KEBAB MEAT?" or similar. Just tacky and disrespectful, not to mention very likely false in that case and it only serves to spread misinformation

i also didn't understand why she was naming two+ parters entirely different names but it makes sense - more clicks, more views, more ad revenue etc. There's absolutely no other reason and quite frankly it's disgusting, how does she live with herself?

Ellewoods

I’ve also totally gone off her! But couldn’t put my finger on why!!
mollie Westbrook is my go to now!
Also Eleanor’s dumb fucking face in her thumbnails was really boiling my piss

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I’m unsure if anyone else has seen this but it’s really rubbed me the wrong way this morning, how people don’t see the issue with her relating true crime - REAL LIFE cases about REAL PEOPLE to ‘telling stories’ is beyond me.

she really does try to play the role of the cutesy girl who’s ‘scary’ job is the polar opposite of her uWu innocent personality and it comes off as so so ignorant - it’s crazy that no one has called it out sooner.

also this may just be me being petty but nothing annoys me more than girls playing dumber than they are to come off as ‘cute’ - she was never this insufferable when she first started so we know this isn’t how smart she is at all, like I say; seems like a role she plays to be that girl who also does true crime, if we could even call it that from the dramatic additions she throws in now more than ever.

View attachment 1112538
No one's asking her to do this. She doesn't have to be there looking cute. That's no help to the victims of these crimes or their families.

And why is she reducing the cases to "stories"? This isn't sleepover club.

Her videos have changed because they used to be about the cases themselves, and now, Eleanor's videos are all about Eleanor. She's the new centre of everything and she's essentially advertising herself as an influencer in her 'reading wikipedia for an hour' videos, because being an influencer is clearly what she really wants to do. Her ego has outgrown the channel's subject matter and she's adding in all her stupid little quirks to appeal to the kids more, because who gives a crap about being respectful when making little kids think you're cool and trendy is where the money's at.

The way Eleanor talks about the Columbine killers in the Danny Phantom video, as if those boys were edgy and relatable, made me want to vomit. She was on the verge of idolising them and that's such a dangerous thing to do when your viewership consists of mainly highly impressionable preteens. Eleanor needs to get a clue before she contributes to something very bad...

ot55

VIP Member
Another two parter! It’s so obvious she’s doing it so she can get at least two sponsorships per case. Also it’s really irritating me that she makes the two parts sound completely unrelated:
‘The English eyeball killer’ and ‘the school boy serial killer’
‘The reality tv show murder’ and ‘the body found in a suitcase’

Totally agree that the titles are pure clickbait. Like the one she titled ‘the Chinese takeaway killer’...it seemed really unnecessary

Zoepenguin

Jesus, so she's basically hiring somone to come up with her content? I can understand hiring an editor or something like that but this just leaves a bad taste. I rarely watch her videos anymore cos so many others do true crime better than her now. The success and money had clearly gone to her head and she wants to put in as little effort as possible.

missgarcy

Sorry but I don't see how she got it wrong, he never mentioned that he was trans so Eleanor doesn't have to know his pronouns. He just liked wearing "women's" clothes, that doesn't make him trans.

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
Decided to watch the video and the intro is literally 'she was loved by thousands and so many men's dream gf'. My god.

I've definitely heard other YouTubers who are far more respectful talk about this case and had no idea that the family didn't want people to talk about this online (knew they were upset about the photos being accessible, understandably, but not this).

Seeing Eleanor advertise Casetify prior to the video feels especially gross. She/her researchers should known how inappropriate this is.

(Edit: Stopped watching. People in the comments are saying the same as the sub. Apparently her research was also incorrect about very basic things.)

(Edit 2: People in the comments saying the family shouldn't be upset about people calling her 'the e girl who was murdered' because 'no case is more special than the others'. Fucking gross. Not Eleanor's fault but the whole comments section is just lacking in any empathy)
It’s also just the sensationalism of her title. He wasn’t her stalker, he was a man who essentially groomed her and who she thought was her friend. She trusted him and confided in him and when she didn’t want a romantic relationship with him, he decided that if he couldn’t have her nobody could.

It’s so much more nuanced than him being a “stalker” but I mean you gotta click bait right??? She should be ashamed. The most recent uproar about this case was only last year when Gabbie Hanna and Angelika Oles got into it and the family once again had to come out and beg content creators to stop using their daughter‘s murder for content

justme92

clearly hit a nerve there lol
Lol stfu Eleanor. Look at Stephanie Harlowe for example, she uploads hour+ long videos doing deep dives into cases. Granted she does split some of them up but usually when they run for well over an hour and more often than not they're older cases which she approaches sensitively. EN on the other hand splits them up by like 30 mins each which is ridiculous and worst of all she sensationalises them. And what education exactly? If my friend or relative was brutally murdered and she put up a video about their case with a clickbait title like that, I'd be fuming, hurt and disgusted. If she wanted to educate then why not do current, unsolved cases? and/or missing people? I know I said Kendall isn't much better but she at least does that and gives the friends/relatives a platform. a lot of people think true crime buffs are in it for the "entertainment" aspect and people like EN don't help that stereotype. so done with her

Qwerty01xx

I've seen tiktok videos litrally 1 minute long talk about a case start to finish that have more details then elenore posts

Ellewoods

Agreed @ Mollie being the go-to. Bella Fiori and Joshua Miles don't annoy me either, and that's quite a feat lol.
Yes to this!!
Elenor going “OMG LOOK AT THIS PHONE CASE I LOVE IT ITS A LIFE SAVER…anyway let’s talk about this dead girl lol” ain’t for me

Reactions: 13

alwys.liddle

I got 2 things:

1. Guessing her most recent video didn’t get as many views as normal bc she posted a community post today asking if “you guys have seen (her) latest video?! it’s a 2-parter (ofc) and will be out soon!!” [ETA: jk it’s actually a 3-parter!]

2. So, she’s doing a story that was set during the war (assuming WWII) and one of the first thing she says (before sponsor even) is that she’s “sorry bc she doesn’t know anything about the war” at all.

No wonder nobody wants to watch it, 30 seconds in and she’s basically admitting to not being able to provide a full, nuanced, cohesive story. I’m sure the fact the horrors of war in the background of this serial killer c/would make this much richer, but nah man, gotta get it out.

Also, maybe a different title than ‘brownout’ murders. makes it sound like some killer just shit his pants on everyone. ugh.

Reactions: 13