Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I Agree..what is with all the sniggering and why is she telling is her ignorant opinion every 2 seconds. I was cringing at her Harold Shipman one....
The opinion thing is SO weird I’ve never seen it or heard it in other true crime videos or podcasts but here we have Eleanor piping up pointless opinions all the time. My fave was when she tried to give her opinion on uni but went oh I didn’t go to uni so I don’t know how it works - just don’t say anything then!!!

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
Eleanor released a longer video this week rather than splitting it into two parts, perhaps she's been getting criticism over that?

She has also just released a video about Tashan Daniel who was murdered in late 2019 and the killers convicted last year. She asks at the beginning of the video that commenters be respectful because the case is still very recent. If it's a concern to you, maybe don't make a video about it?
I saw the video pop up on my feed and I was taken aback. The case is so recent and the family were so destroyed about it. It feels very raw and a bit weird for her to cover.

Other crime Youtubers that I've seen, cover recent cases, have usually spoken to the family, or helped the case in some way, or covered the case to bring awareness to a particular issue.

Also, it seems she has gotten criticisms, because not only did she cover the case in one video, but the video was very short (only 24mins). She's realising she looks greedy making multiple long videos.

Edit: I take that back! I've just finished the video and she actually has helped by linking the victim's family's petition & fund. And she did talk about UK knife crime. So well done her.

Last edited:

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I tried to watch the 2 part vid but the audio in the first video was so grating i had to stop. I get its new and shes adjusting but surely she picked up on it editing or something. Made it unbearable to listen to and had to switch off:censored:

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
Has anyone seen her latest video? The response has been crazy saying how disrespectful she is not using correct pronouns!
I'm looking at the latest video posted 2 days ago (the Danny case). Cannot see any negative comments (unless deleted now), but can you please screenshot them?

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I always thought she read straight off news articles... but she’s pretty much watched the documentary of the murder in derby and copied it adding her own little extra words in. I don’t want to out myself (I like being anon on here but also to respect the persons privacy) but I know someone involved in that case and that documentary and they’re fuming after watching eleanors video because she’s added little bits in (irrelevant to some, but they bother the person involved as it involves them)
Which case was it?

Polkadotsx

Chatty Member
I like watching her but as others have said, she barely uploads. Does anyone have some good true crime youtubers you would recommend?

I feel like she makes comments like this a lot. I’ve mentioned on here before that she seems to criticise the police/social services/whatever authority is involved a lot. And yes, sometimes it is deserved. And to just blame them for what’s happened it’s purely down to them is quite dangerous. I’m sure some of the cases she’s covered haunt the police officers involved, and I’m sure they wish they did more, but that’s the benefit of hindsight.

Absolutely!! A lot of her core audience are young teenagers and hang on every word she says too.

Viewer1901

VIP Member
Surely the point of being a true crime YouTuber is that you do the research and put your videos together. If she wants someone else to do that for her, surely they could set up their own channel 😂 She would literally just be a presenter. I’d get it if she was hiring an editor or something like that, but hiring someone to do everything for you seems…weird 😂
Also, the fact she doesn’t mention pay seems shady to me. Any job advert that neglects to mention any kind of pay is a bit shifty in my opinion. I know sometimes it’s discussed at interviews but prospective employees deserve to know what they can expect so they know of it can financially support them.
Karen and Georgia of My Favourite Murder also have researchers now too. Seems to be the thing

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I mean I like Eleanor and will probably continue to watch videos when they pop up if they seem interesting but her last video on the welsh murders I ended up turning off half way through as I just wasn’t paying much attention
This is my thing too. Despite her faults, I will continue to watch her but tbh if I have 2 hours to spare I'd rather dedicate it to 2 well produced videos or podcasts so I can learn about more than one case. I tend to zone out after listening to Eleanor - or anyone else - for so long. Especially if she's not going to be particularly detailed or informative.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Does anyone remember when Eleanor advertised for a researcher?? I wonder if she ever hired anyone? Her insta post was MONTHS ago (I remember seeing it when I still couldn't visit my family in England due to covid) but I haven't seen anything since? It feels a bit mean to not credit them for their work?
Weirdly was thinking about this earlier. I’d be interested to know if she had any help now as like you said, she doesn’t credit anyone else.