Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

snowybam

This might be an unpopular opinion - I apologise if so. I think that if Eleanor is struggling with dealing with the stress of researching true-crime, then maybe making true-crime related content isn’t for her. Plenty of other YouTubers upload true-crime content that is better researched (some are smaller channels so will be doing their own research for sure) and upload regularly. Or, even if she did hire someone to research for her, because then at least the information has a higher chance of being accurate and not just from Wikipedia / first few news articles that have come up in google, and it would be less taxing on her if she struggles with it emotionally.

As someone who researches true-crime just because I’m interested, yes it can impact your mental health, but if I was doing YouTube and speaking about true-crime cases, a large part of that would be mitigated by knowing that I am potentially helping the case by spreading information to an audience that may have been unaware of the case or case details. Basically what I’m trying to say is that if you have a passion for something, it shines through and you will do everything possible to do that thing. She seemed to enjoy it at the start but it seems like (IMO) that once she started making money, she realised she could do other things and still make a decent amount of money while uploading a true-crime video here and there. It seems less genuine.

Also, if she is making videos on solved cases, the least she could do is make sure the information is correct and accurate and make it a respectful video. The case is solved, it’s not like a wide range of people will see it and then possibly submit tips? Some families may want their family member’s story publicised, but many will not. I’m not saying solved cases are inherently bad, I just think they need to be done right.

This is all just my two cents, sorry for the ramble!!
Definitely not an unpopular opinion! I agree even if it didn't come off like it! (only personally I do believe you can get burnt out by even your dream career or your hobbies. Sometimes you need to step back and unwind)
But everything else - YES. I do think that the money and fans has gone to her head ever so slightly. It's especially noticeable on her twitter, I feel like she wants the youtubers from London to notice her. Possibly thats why she began her second channel.. she wants to work with the likes of the sidemen or becky bambino. Such a shame that she lets it affect her true crime work which needs to be treated with respect!

Delilah13

I've seen her do a few YouTube polls where she asks if people prefer solved/unsolved cases and solved are always alot more popular.
Her non true crime personality is very different but I don't really follow her other social medias. I liked her London flat tour and seeing a different side of her personality then!
The split videos do bug me though, just make a longer video? 😂

I am undercover

Chatty Member
Sorry I’m soooo late to the party but Eleanor has just popped up on my YouTube and I haven’t seen her in years and she’s COMPLETELY DIFFERENT physically can someone be so kind as to let me know what the heck has gone on? Cheers gals

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Function of beauty hello fresh etc are literally coming across as well sponsor anyone and the concerns with function of beauty does make me question these youtubers integrity
I don’t mind hello fresh and I’ve used them a few times when I’ve been busy with work and want quickish easy meals to prepare but it does put me off a bit how many influencers they use to advertise. Wouldn’t touch function of beauty with a barge pole.

snowybam

Went to find her insta after someone mentioned how different she sounds in her instastories and wowwww. I’d like to think I’ve watched enough of her videos to know her accent and voice if I heard it but if you’d blindfolded me and told me to guess who that was speaking I would NOT have said Eleanor Neale. Why does she sound so faux cutesy and baby like?! Wtf?! She’s a grown ass woman :unsure:
I haven't noticed before. I went to her ig now but there's no story of her talking HOWEVR I just noticed she moved to London last month?!!! Is she living with Becky bambino? 🤔

Pinky23

I agree. However, I don’t think we should be talking about her physical appearance. The way she talks about these people’s stories is incredibly heartless and she’s clearly just become another money hungry influence. How can she happily sell things she’d never use off the back of a video about someone being brutally murdered?
True but I didn’t say it again I said lazy so let’s not try and make it about my comment now

Saz3

in the apartment tour she posted, in some frames she has blurred out the company logo out the window but then in others you can still blatantly see it! wasn’t edited well at all... i noticed it immediately. so many people commented saying they knew exactly where she was from the balcony view! she literally gave the internet an exact shot of where she lives to the point you could find it on google maps...
Where is the apartment tour video? I can’t find it

alwys.liddle

PS: I can’t hate on the young teens who watch her content either, when i learned what a pathologist did after reading the word in one of my mom’s murdery books (Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell, i’ll never forget) that’s what I wanted to do!! So at 13,14...i was definitely...basically, if 13, 14 year old me had YouTube, or smart phones, or high speed internet (shut up ok i’m a.liddle older than everyone probably 😉) I would have definitely been watching that stuff too.

anon20

VIP Member
I recommend watching “the broken morality of true crime videos” on YouTube. It was published this week and is a great watch!
Did you comment this before or after Eleanor posted she was watching it? I can’t remember when I seen her story about it! Just shows she watches here!

ChloeBee

That can’t be tattle. Most comments on here are about how incredibly disrespectful to families she is in her videos / how she tries to inject her own feelings / how she does basic research on Wikipedia and gets it wrong. If she did read here maybe she could address some of those points rather than a sob story about herself 🤷🏼‍♀️
I did wonder this too if she is reading here she obvs knows that we're right

mochibean

VIP Member
I agree with you who say Mollie is worth watching, her videos are very well researched.

I feel like she looks like she’s had lip filler or something there’s something about her face that looks different just can’t put my finger on it ? Maybe she just over lining them a lot
I thought the same, looks like filler.

Sardine

Chatty Member
You're the luckiest person on the planet to not know Zoe Sugg, Niomi Smart or Tanya Burr.
And I wouldn't call eating disorders "motivated enough to keep a good body". :rolleyes: Starving yourself or binge eating and purging isn't exactly admirable degrees of motivation
I didn't know who they were either but that's terrible 😔

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Another recommendation- truly criminal. They posted the ana kriegel case and the stark difference between theirs and Eleanor’s. Eleanor is clearly just trying to pay her london flat bills. No empathy from her at all
Yes they are excellent as a relatively new channel, well researched and stick to the facts of each case. I never liked Eleanor!

Blue Rose

VIP Member
If a video is sponsered should it not have AD in the title?
I think it depends on whether the whole video is an advert or whether it’s just a part of the video. Maybe there’s no obligation for youtubers to specify a video is sponsored in the title as long as it’s mentioned in the video. If there was then most of Eleanor’s videos would have it.

CrispyB2019

As you are the only peeps I know who also love true crime, does anyone know who Stephanie is talking about at the beginning of this video? Would LOVE to know which true crime channel just stirred the shit with a disrespectful video.

Me too!! I want to know x

SunflowerMeags

Is it just me or has she lost like half her weight? Her thumbnails too look nothing like how she does in the recent videos. 🤨
she looks great but I feel like I’ve missed something hahahah