Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly what I've often felt about Eleanor and her audience is that they're very immature. I find it super annoying when she criticizes the sentence the culprits are given after the trial because it's clear she doesn't know anything about how legal systems work and that you can't just throw away the key for anyone who commits a crime.
I agree - I also find it annoying she’ll say things and be like ‘oh I don’t know about that’ like I remember she did it about studying medicine at uni in the uk. It doesn’t take much to research this to add to her story rather than just saying she doesn’t know about it.

Reactions: 12
I agree - I also find it annoying she’ll say things and be like ‘oh I don’t know about that’ like I remember she did it about studying medicine at uni in the uk. It doesn’t take much to research this to add to her story rather than just saying she doesn’t know about it.
She studied medicine?!

ever since i started watching her i’ve always found it weird that she says “no disrespect to ANYONE i talk about” why doesn’t she say “no disrespect to the victims”? she is purposely including that she apparently has respect for the people that do the crimes? she’s saying she has respect for the murderers and rapists that committed the crimes? wtf????? this has NEVER sat right with me...

another thing that annoys me about eleanors ads is that they are every single video and it’s the way she puts them in at the exact same moment in every video and directly before the case. it’s like so robotic? like so little thought. just the same emotionless, thoughtless process again and again to churn out ads and get the money.

any reasoning that she needs to do ads every video is bs. other true crime youtubers don’t. so she doesn’t need to either. she’s just being a greedy cow

yes this is just so pathetic. so unprofessional and lazy. if you “don’t know” maybe look it up like people have to do in a normal job eleanor, it’s called doing your job ???

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
ever since i started watching her i’ve always found it weird that she says “no disrespect to ANYONE i talk about” why doesn’t she say “no disrespect to the victims”? she is purposely including that she apparently has respect for the people that do the crimes? she’s saying she has respect for the murderers and rapists that committed the crimes? wtf????? this has NEVER sat right with me...
I guess by anyone she means everybody she mentions, including later ruled out suspects, their families, the culprit's family, the authorities, etc.

I hate the fact that all of her videos are sponsored and that she has no problem putting the ad right at the beginning, often before she's even mentioned the victim's name. I know it's a job for her but it's honestly so disrespectful to cheerfully talk at length about a crappy game or a store for phone covers just before diving into a person's horrible death or disappearance. I find it so jarring and it makes her more "somber" and dramatic demeanor in the rest of the videos look fake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Bailey never shuts the duck up about Hello Fresh I think :/ I don’t watch her very much. Mainly when I’m in the bath but I’m sure she’s sponsored by them a lot 😣
Ah duck that too then :( She was mostly an example as I think she's built a brand in her own right, it isn't just crime, and I guess it's sad Eleanor hasn't succeeded in doing that.

The only true crime creators that I follow monetize a bit but I don't mind much as it's for stuff like Mcgellin (?) who do true crime documentaries and the Hunt a Killer boxes so it still feels in keeping with their content. Like I said, people need to make money if they do this full time so I do get it but stuff like Function of Beauty just rubs up the wrong way.

Reactions: 2
Danielle Kirsty is a brill channel for you guys looking for someone better. She's more recently started doing true crime and makeup, she's very detailed and respectful whilst still being entertaining, also no sponsors, gives credit to others, and does as much research as possible even for cases with not much info in English.

I'm so over Eleanor at this point.

Reactions: 4
I find the ads in every single video a little distasteful and can't imagine how it must feel for the families of victims to have a youtuber profiting from the tragedy. I understand she has to make money somehow, but I just think ads in every single video is too much. Also, I can't believe that she still hasn't renamed the Charlene Downes case - it still says 'Killed for Kebab Meat' which is an unimaginably cruel and disrespectful clickbait title.

Reactions: 9
I find the ads in every single video a little distasteful and can't imagine how it must feel for the families of victims to have a youtuber profiting from the tragedy. I understand she has to make money somehow, but I just think ads in every single video is too much. Also, I can't believe that she still hasn't renamed the Charlene Downes case - it still says 'Killed for Kebab Meat' which is an unimaginably cruel and disrespectful clickbait title.
watch her change it now the moment it’s been called out... she’s so fake. she keeps changing her disrespectful video titles after she gets called out. how is nobody seeing through her bs ?!?

how do people think it’s acceptable for her to advertise mobile games on videos of her talking about child murders.

Reactions: 7
I think the thing is most youtubers including true crime ones do adverts at the start of their videos. But for me with Eleanor it’s the fact she does the adverts, she uses click bait titles, she uses click bait photos, she does two parters when they are not needed, she doesn’t try to give back like some other true crime youtubers (she may do and I may have missed this) and she poorly researches the cases. If it was simply a case of the advert that’s fine it’s easily skip-able but combined with all the other things there is no appeal to me to watch her videos and line her pockets.

Reactions: 6
Here’s a couple of other True Crime Youtubers that I watch. Samantha Melanie, she’s an Australian woman that mainly does cases just in Australia and she’s also not doing it for the views or money as she was an air hostess before the pandemic. Caitlin Rose is another one, she’s from the U.K. and her videos aren’t just on true crime, she also does videos on psychology and she’s also very respectful and professional

Reactions: 3
Some more amazing crime youtubers I would recommend, that I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

- Rachel Shannon
- Brooke McKenna

(I can recommend more when I remember them)

I havent watched Eleanor in a while, the 2 parters also put me off. Also feel like she only wants to cover the more shocking or sensationalised crimes.

Here’s a couple of other True Crime Youtubers that I watch. Samantha Melanie, she’s an Australian woman that mainly does cases just in Australia and she’s also not doing it for the views or money as she was an air hostess before the pandemic. Caitlin Rose is another one, she’s from the U.K. and her videos aren’t just on true crime, she also does videos on psychology and she’s also very respectful and professional
Personally I find Caitlin's videos so surface level, maybe that's why her videos are only about 10 to 20 mins long.

Love Samantha Melanie, she really good! Love that she has a niche - sticking to Australian crimes or crimes that need more awareness. She seems genuine.

Reactions: 4
I love Brooke. Her tone of voice is so aggressively gentle that it kinda annoyed me at first but there were so many interesting cases that nobody else covered so I just kept watching her and I'm glad I did. It feels like she really cares.

Reactions: 2
Just a quick update to say to everyone on this thread TYSM for introducing me to Georgia…you all were exactly right - her research is top notch and her videos are well made!!! She should definitely have more subs!!!

Reactions: 3
She said a while ago, in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests last year that she intended to cover more cases about people of colour. She has indeed done this but the way she approaches it makes me feel like she, a white woman, is raking over the deaths of people of colour (some of these cases being racially motivated murders) for clicks/money and to get credit for being "inclusive." There's someone who keeps commenting asking her to do the "Hello Kitty Murder" - a famous murder case in Hong Kong. I can just imagine her doing that one and playing up the "cutesy" element of Hello Kitty even though we're talking about someone's gruesome death here

She said a while ago, in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests last year that she intended to cover more cases about people of colour. She has indeed done this but the way she approaches it makes me feel like she, a white woman, is raking over the deaths of people of colour (some of these cases being racially motivated murders) for clicks/money and to get credit for being "inclusive." There's someone who keeps commenting asking her to do the "Hello Kitty Murder" - a famous murder case in Hong Kong. I can just imagine her doing that one and playing up the "cutesy" element of Hello Kitty even though we're talking about someone's gruesome death here
Edit: I found out she actually did cover the case a couple of years ago. It was mercifully short (and done before her current wave of clickbait two-parters) but she did go into quite a bit of detail that is probably inappropriate given how young some of her audience is

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Eleanor released a longer video this week rather than splitting it into two parts, perhaps she's been getting criticism over that?

She has also just released a video about Tashan Daniel who was murdered in late 2019 and the killers convicted last year. She asks at the beginning of the video that commenters be respectful because the case is still very recent. If it's a concern to you, maybe don't make a video about it?

Reactions: 1
Eleanor released a longer video this week rather than splitting it into two parts, perhaps she's been getting criticism over that?

She has also just released a video about Tashan Daniel who was murdered in late 2019 and the killers convicted last year. She asks at the beginning of the video that commenters be respectful because the case is still very recent. If it's a concern to you, maybe don't make a video about it?
I saw the video pop up on my feed and I was taken aback. The case is so recent and the family were so destroyed about it. It feels very raw and a bit weird for her to cover.

Other crime Youtubers that I've seen, cover recent cases, have usually spoken to the family, or helped the case in some way, or covered the case to bring awareness to a particular issue.

Also, it seems she has gotten criticisms, because not only did she cover the case in one video, but the video was very short (only 24mins). She's realising she looks greedy making multiple long videos.

Edit: I take that back! I've just finished the video and she actually has helped by linking the victim's family's petition & fund. And she did talk about UK knife crime. So well done her.

Last edited:
Edit: I take that back! I've just finished the video and she actually has helped by linking the victim's family's petition & fund. And she did talk about UK knife crime. So well done her.
That's a good thing! I will happily also take it back

It does seem however that she realises that splitting the videos into multiple parts (and making them difficult to connect) isn't a good look and may be dialling back on it

Reactions: 1
wow, the voice tone jump between the sponsor and the actual video material in her latest video....

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.