Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so happy for them, but I think she should have waited a bit to announce it, especially after having a miscarriage. She said she was due in August so she must be 8 weeks along!
I just had a miscarriage, I was due 14th September and if I was still pregnant would have been 8 weeks yesterday. So she must be around 12 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Merch like this from true crime youtubers makes me so uncomfortable.
The spy glass when everyone knows she does 0 research herself and most of the time it’s wrong or inaccurate 😂
The crime scene tape around the plant too, I’ll monetising off people’s deaths to the extent Eleanor does makes me feel funny 😂😂

It’s like Eleanor has forgotten she’s talking about real life cases, she treats the videos like fictional stories.

Attachments

Reactions: 19
I wish she'd get to the point in her videos, its almost like she's trying to drag out the time

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Her comments about CAHMS mental health services in her recent video are so irresponsible.
Fair enough it’s not always great but the amount of young people in her audience and she’s saying they make your mental health worse 😂 could potentially be quite damaging!!

Reactions: 10
Her comments about CAHMS mental health services in her recent video are so irresponsible.
Fair enough it’s not always great but the amount of young people in her audience and she’s saying they make your mental health worse 😂 could potentially be quite damaging!!
I feel like she makes comments like this a lot. I’ve mentioned on here before that she seems to criticise the police/social services/whatever authority is involved a lot. And yes, sometimes it is deserved. And to just blame them for what’s happened it’s purely down to them is quite dangerous. I’m sure some of the cases she’s covered haunt the police officers involved, and I’m sure they wish they did more, but that’s the benefit of hindsight.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like she makes comments like this a lot. I’ve mentioned on here before that she seems to criticise the police/social services/whatever authority is involved a lot. And yes, sometimes it is deserved. And to just blame them for what’s happened it’s purely down to them is quite dangerous. I’m sure some of the cases she’s covered haunt the police officers involved, and I’m sure they wish they did more, but that’s the benefit of hindsight.

Absolutely!! A lot of her core audience are young teenagers and hang on every word she says too.

I seen on her story today or yesterday she has gallstones I think, but she did upload a video on her second channel yesterday.
People who have weightloss surgery are prone to gallstones. I wonder why she won't talk about the surgery, as if it's something she's ashamed of.
Girl, own it.

Merch like this from true crime youtubers makes me so uncomfortable.
The spy glass when everyone knows she does 0 research herself and most of the time it’s wrong or inaccurate 😂
The crime scene tape around the plant too, I’ll monetising off people’s deaths to the extent Eleanor does makes me feel funny 😂😂

It’s like Eleanor has forgotten she’s talking about real life cases, she treats the videos like fictional stories.
Did you see the price? $29.99 I saw it 😵💫

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ve been a bit of a crank and left a comment under one of her videos about her comments about CAHMS (polite comment I’ll add)
My god her fans cannot take criticism for her in shape or form!!
1. Eleanor deleted my main comment
2. The reply I left on someone else’s comment has been completely attacked by her fans 😂😂😂

my comment for context was me saying that Eleano frequently makes uneducated jabs at publc services like CAHMS and that it can be quite damaging to her young audience who may need help.

I watched one of her older videos earlier. Like from a few years back. Insane that they were a lot better- most of the time these creators improve but she’s actually gotten worse. I watched the millie dowler case. Basic information, nothing amazing in terms of research at all. But the delivery was clear and quite sympathetic and respectful. No giggling, stupid smirks, pathetic jokes and unneeded personal thoughts that you see in all her videos now. Don’t watch them anymore bc they are so disrespectful now

Reactions: 11
Her videos have changed because they used to be about the cases themselves, and now, Eleanor's videos are all about Eleanor. She's the new centre of everything and she's essentially advertising herself as an influencer in her 'reading wikipedia for an hour' videos, because being an influencer is clearly what she really wants to do. Her ego has outgrown the channel's subject matter and she's adding in all her stupid little quirks to appeal to the kids more, because who gives a crap about being respectful when making little kids think you're cool and trendy is where the money's at.

The way Eleanor talks about the Columbine killers in the Danny Phantom video, as if those boys were edgy and relatable, made me want to vomit. She was on the verge of idolising them and that's such a dangerous thing to do when your viewership consists of mainly highly impressionable preteens. Eleanor needs to get a clue before she contributes to something very bad...

Reactions: 14
She acts like she's so hard done by because she can't cover school shootings (or risk having her channel taken down by YouTube), it's a good thing she can't!

Reactions: 9
She acts like she's so hard done by because she can't cover school shootings (or risk having her channel taken down by YouTube), it's a good thing she can't!
What?! She can’t cover school shootings on YouTube? I never knew this!

Reactions: 1
What?! She can’t cover school shootings on YouTube? I never knew this!
She says she can't because people have had their channels closed for talking about it. That said she could be talking complete bollocks, she said that for the same reason she couldn't cover Elliot Rodger's spree killing - which wasn’t a school shooting and plenty of true crime YouTubers have discussed it

i like eleanor, she used to be by favourite TC tuber, but i don’t like the multiple part thing she has. especially when they’re like 40 mins x 3 and there is a doco that’s less than an hour.

for my go to tubers (i only watch british ones idk why but i find american accents grating sorry to any americans) i like Joshua Miles and Truly Criminal. Both are very respectful and so cases that I’d never have heard of. They also do a lot of cases from places other than the UK and America which is refreshing

EDIT: oh also forgot to add Samantha Melanie, she’s aussie and does only australian cases on her channel. she’s very respectful and well researched

Reactions: 6
i like eleanor, she used to be by favourite TC tuber, but i don’t like the multiple part thing she has. especially when they’re like 40 mins x 3 and there is a doco that’s less than an hour.

for my go to tubers (i only watch british ones idk why but i find american accents grating sorry to any americans) i like Joshua Miles and Truly Criminal. Both are very respectful and so cases that I’d never have heard of. They also do a lot of cases from places other than the UK and America which is refreshing

EDIT: oh also forgot to add Samantha Melanie, she’s aussie and does only australian cases on her channel. she’s very respectful and well researched
Thank you for sharing the other yters! Haven't heard of any of them.

Also v frustrated by the multiple parters, especially when each is monetized with a different ad and Eleanor has become less professional in her tone (and research?) as time has gone on. I like her as a person generally but I find her approach to making videos recently to be yikes and it reflects badly on her, especially when her past videos have shown she can create respectful videos and is actively choosing to make more 'casual' drawn out content.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.