Eastenders #6 Kheerat's hot and Jean's lost the plot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bromley by bow (where it’s supposed to be on the tube map) isn’t nearly that expensive for a studio, but there are also many shared ownership schemes, I just feel that real issues affecting people ( housing is a huge one today) would be interesting to see. It is supposed to be real life after all.
It's really not realistic for them to own given their job roles. I get what you're saying, but it just isn't like that in London. They have tackled the mortgage thing with Chelsea and Whitney and thry both have to work alternative shifts to manage it!

Reactions: 5
It's really not realistic for them to own given their job roles. I get what you're saying, but it just isn't like that in London. They have tackled the mortgage thing with Chelsea and Whitney and thry both have to work alternative shifts to manage it!
I disagree, and I’m a Londoner. Yeah, you might have to work alternative shifts and make loads of sacrifices, that sadly is the reality of what you have to do to in order save to get a deposit and then a mortgage. However it is doable with a young couple/ two friends, I know - I’ve done it.
I just think it’s strange that’s it’s never even mentioned when permanent housing is one of the main problems people face today.

Reactions: 3
I disagree, and I’m a Londoner. Yeah, you might have to work alternative shifts and make loads of sacrifices, that sadly is the reality of what you have to do to in order save to get a deposit and then a mortgage. However it is doable with a young couple/ two friends, I know - I’ve done it.
I just think it’s strange that’s it’s never even mentioned when permanent housing is one of the main problems people face today.
I am too and live on my own and my mortgage isn't small. Anyway, I guess it just isn't that interesting for a drama.

Reactions: 2
It's unrealistic that most people in Walford could afford to live there as very few have professional or high paying jobs.
How is Kim making any money? Surely the Kimfluencer can't be paying for diddly sqat.

I know Harvey is distracted by Aaron's problems but surely he would be wary of marrying a woman who takes his credit card to spend thousands on a fancy wedding 😃

Reactions: 10
It's unrealistic that most people in Walford could afford to live there as very few have professional or high paying jobs.
How is Kim making any money? Surely the Kimfluencer can't be paying for diddly sqat.

I know Harvey is distracted by Aaron's problems but surely he would be wary of marrying a woman who takes his credit card to spend thousands on a fancy wedding 😃
But Kim is another example of how no one can afford to buy. She lives rent free in Patrick's house. I agree. I reckon fans would complain bitterly if all of the barely working/in standard job residents started buying property. It really isn't common.

Reactions: 1
But Kim is another example of how no one can afford to buy. She lives rent free in Patrick's house. I agree. I reckon fans would complain bitterly if all of the barely working/in standard job residents started buying property. It really isn't common.
I wasn’t suggesting all of them did it? Just maybe one person who wanted to get on the property ladder! It really isn’t that unrealistic.

Reactions: 2
Yes I know what you mean but renting in London is expensive. We have a few that aren't paying:
- The Slaters appear to be living rent free at Phil's House.
- Kim appears to be living rent-free at Patrick's
- Dotty is living rent free courtesy of Vinny

Most of the rest should be paying out a huge amount on rent !

Halfway must earn a decent wage in the police as well as Ben in the arches, why are they in a flat with 3 other adults and a newborn baby?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Halfway must earn a decent wage in the police as well as Ben in the arches, why are they in a flat with 3 other adults and a newborn baby?
I'm baffled by that as well 😁
They could actually afford a flat

And who the hell would want to live with weirdo Stuart and the awful Vi, let alone a newborn 😀

Reactions: 9
I'm baffled by that as well 😁
They could actually afford a flat

And who the hell would want to live with weirdo Stuart and the awful Vi, let alone a newborn 😀
Halfway is a prob so £30k max. I don't know about Ben, he never seems to do anything but drink these days!

Anyway speaking of which has anyone noticed that Denise was always staying at Patrick's until Sam turned up and now is living with Jack. I don't ever recall seeing her at Jack's before.

Reactions: 4
It’s not realistic that nearly every person on a road has been raped though.

• Haha
It's a soap people. Nobody gives a duck about mundane life events, they want DRAMA! Watch a documentary if you want reality...
Exactly! I really don’t want to watch Whitney getting rejected for a mortgage or Ben and Callum flat hunting. We all do these things in our normal life every day who wants to watch that

Reactions: 6
Exactly! I really don’t want to watch Whitney getting rejected for a mortgage or Ben and Callum flat hunting. We all do these things in our normal life every day who wants to watch that
Me, that’s why I mentioned it. Soap operas were supposed to reflect reality and certainly when you watch classic episodes that’s what they did, and people enjoyed them as they could relate to them. I guess modern audiences do want constant murders, rapes violence and implausible drama. It seems a shame though.

They missed a trick by not adding more homes during the new set build. There's loads of excess places on the square that people could live in, like the flats by the Vic for example.

The new home sets look so fake and too big.

Reactions: 8
Me, that’s why I mentioned it. Soap operas were supposed to reflect reality and certainly when you watch classic episodes that’s what they did, and people enjoyed them as they could relate to them. I guess modern audiences do want constant murders, rapes violence and implausible drama. It seems a shame though.
I guess you can’t please everyone can you, but I don’t like rape storylines but I love a juicy affair or a serial killer (but they normally drag those out a la Grey so then I get annoyed) but I don’t want to spend my day working a mundane job, flat hunting or meeting a mortgage broker frantically saving and then watch someone else do the same. Just wouldn’t be interesting to me at all. There’s also no education in it as it’s something constantly spoken about and debated.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t really relate to Dirty Den coming back from the dead

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s not realistic that nearly every person on a road has been raped though.
It's a soap people. Nobody gives a duck about mundane life events, they want DRAMA! Watch a documentary if you want reality
I wanna see juicy affairs and craziness! Otherwise I'll read a book. 😝

I must admit that I love a bit of drama and that's why I watch.
It's not a documentary about real life in the eastend and of course that's why we have OTT events every now and again.

I enjoy having a laugh about how implausible it all is 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.