Eastenders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So now Danny Dyer's daughter Dani is joining the cast :rolleyes:
Only as a cameo as a taxi driver apparently. I don’t know if it’s a close contact thing so Danny is able to make physical contact with Dani’s character as they would be in a bubble/baby care bubble in real life

Reactions: 5
Only as a cameo as a taxi driver apparently. I don’t know if it’s a close contact thing so Danny is able to make physical contact with Dani’s character as they would be in a bubble/baby care bubble in real life
That’s what I had assumed it was for aswell

They’ve had a couple of family members in over the last year due to Covid & needing close contacts in places. Ian Beales son appeared as a police officer last year when Ian needed to be put in handcuffs so it could be similar with Danny & Dani. A couple of real life partners were brought in for kissing scenes too but they never revealed who.

Reactions: 2
They’ve had a couple of family members in over the last year due to Covid & needing close contacts in places. Ian Beales son appeared as a police officer last year when Ian needed to be put in handcuffs so it could be similar with Danny & Dani. A couple of real life partners were brought in for kissing scenes too but they never revealed who.
I think it came out that Linda’s real life hubby was put in place for her kissing max and he had to wear a bald cap 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love Karen: an unusual character, and an actress capable of both comedy and truly touching scenes - probably the best actress in it currently.
Feckin hate Mitch though: I know it's supposed to be a dialect thing but when he says "ting" I want to scream! Very irritating character imo.

Reactions: 12
bleeping love Karen. The actress who plays her (sorry can’t remember her name) is probably one of the best they have on EE right now. Hope she’s in it for a long time to come.

She was spot on with her speech.

Riduculous that Linda is pregnant with Max’s baby. Just ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I couldn’t stand Karen when she came into it, but really like her now, she’s a good actress.
Agree about the Linda pregnancy storyline, predictable and boring that the baby is Max’s 😴
Absolutely loving Callum’s Nan, hope she’s staying for a while, it’s a bit of much needed comedy.
Nancy bores the life out of me, she’s so negative and such a moaner!

Reactions: 8
Where is the Bailey story going do we think? Will she be found somewhere? Turn up on her own accord? It’s weird that we haven’t had any scenes of what she might be up to or where she is right now but I guess that adds to the mystery for the viewer too.

Doesn’t bear thinking about really, an 11 year old girl out there on her own. I know it’s not real life, but this happens a fair amount. My local police force are regularly posting appeals to help find missing children and teens on social media. Some of them get found quite quickly, others we don’t hear about for a while. It’s a parents worst nightmare.

Love Karen. Her morals are those of true old east end mothers. I think Lorraine Stanley is a fabulous actress who portrays the character really well.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Where is the Bailey story going do we think? Will she be found somewhere? Turn up on her own accord? It’s weird that we haven’t had any scenes of what she might be up to or where she is right now but I guess that adds to the mystery for the viewer too.

Doesn’t bear thinking about really, an 11 year old girl out there on her own. I know it’s not real life, but this happens a fair amount. My local police force are regularly posting appeals to help find missing children and teens on social media. Some of them get found quite quickly, others we don’t hear about for a while. It’s a parents worst nightmare.
I don’t know whether we’re allowed to post spoilers here so I’ll put it under a spoiler button. I came into the Bailey storyline after basically watching it with oneeye on the telly so when she disappeared I was like eh! Thought I’d missed something and googled and spoiled it 😆 obvs if you don’t want to be spoiled don’t read this bit!

Bailey and the dog are sheltering somewhere, I think a subway station but might be mistaken, her belongings get stolen and she chases the people Who stole them. As she’s then running an older man then spots her and says that he’s a family friend of Karen’s and she goes with him. The man then rings Karen and says he’s got Bailey. But it is left ambiguous so far as to whether the guy is genuinely trying to help or taunting the family...

Reactions: 4
I love Karen: an unusual character, and an actress capable of both comedy and truly touching scenes - probably the best actress in it currently.
Feckin hate Mitch though: I know it's supposed to be a dialect thing but when he says "ting" I want to scream! Very irritating character imo.
It annoys me that Mitch is supposed to be such a good dad now. He abandoned his kids and I seem to remember last time the character was in it he stole a load of money from that old couple. EE does that all the time though, they have a baddie who gets reformed and all the stuff they did is just forgotten about.

Reactions: 7
It annoys me that Mitch is supposed to be such a good dad now. He abandoned his kids and I seem to remember last time the character was in it he stole a load of money from that old couple. EE does that all the time though, they have a baddie who gets reformed and all the stuff they did is just forgotten about.
Yes they do that a lot but I don’t see Mitch as completely reformed.

I like Mitch as a character because he's the typical selfish loser dad, rather than an out and out villain. He's not evil just inadequate. I think the actor plays him well.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.