Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just googled this one as I’d never heard of her before she was mentioned on this page, Lord! The “Versace vibes” photo is very worrying, the thinspo, proana photos both of these doctors put up is really scary.
I know. I hate it. She seems to have chosen 3 of her absolutely most waif-like photos too, although of course she looked painfully thin in every one I saw (never followed, just heard of her here). It's quite sad too, because she just looks too thin for the outfits instead of aspirational, if you don't have an eating disorder. But for so so so many, she's thinspo. I can absolutely imagine how people follow her just to inspire themselves to eat less or work out for another 2 hours.

Reactions: 3
She is still at the practice on Patrick’s Street above the chemist near M&S…saw her there this morning at 8ish

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Just looked her up on Instagram too. Her account is alarming. She really shouldn't be working as a doctor she's so emaciated can't believe she has the ability to think in a clear manner. It is dangerous the impact that her image has and what it conveys. So herself and Doireann are the wellness influencers promoting being obsessed with your image and taking all sorts of measures to obtain the emaciated look and as doctors people latch onto the idea that it's healthy. If anyone is looking in who manages the clinic where Doireann reportedly works think long and hard about the damage her presence is having on vulnerable and impressionable people.
Eating disorder is a psychiatric illness.
It is discriminatory to say she shouldn't be working as a doctor if she has a mental health diagnosis.
I would say she works 80+ hours some weeks.
So seems like she's functioning well to be fit to do that.
Don't judge her on first glance of her page or her photos.
She is absolutely nothing like doireann. She works non stop. She's very funny. She seems kind. She is very opinionated and far from the usual bland Instagram women.
()

Why does dr. Doireann have a new accent in her video on hayfever advice.
I really hate when people change to a Dublin type accent to make it in media.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It is discriminatory to say she shouldn't be working as a doctor if she has a mental health diagnosis.
She is absolutely nothing like doireann. She works non stop. She's very funny. She seems kind. She is very opinionated and far from the usual bland Instagram women.
()

It is a very bad example to see a doctor that is emaciated, doctors are seen as the definition of success in our society and seeing an emaciated frame in front of them is not good for a patient

It is a very bad example to see a doctor that is emaciated, doctors are seen as the definition of success in our society and seeing an emaciated frame in front of them is not good for a patient
Does the same logic apply for an obese doctor?
For a doctor who smokes?
Or is eating disorder the only health issue you take issue with.
Doctors are human too.

Reactions: 8
Does the same logic apply for an obese doctor?
For a doctor who smokes?
Or is eating disorder the only health issue you take issue with.
Doctors are human too.
No, the issue is posting photos looking as thin as possible - deliberately angled to emphasise extreme frailty. Not the condition.

Reactions: 5
Oh my lord how are either of these people working in health 😳
For f sake.
Sorry to disappoint you all.
But here you go.
Doctors have high level of poor mental health.
Doctors have one of highest suicide rates of any profession/group. Females more so.
Tend to be more "A type " personalities, found often in association with eating disorders.
Addiction to alcohol doesn't bypass doctors either.
So for the poster above who said doctors are the "definition of success in society", I can conclude she is not a doctor herself and likely has no or few doctor friends.

So looking at a doctor's Instagram, deciding she looks very thin so she shouldn't be a doctor. Ffs . Shows total ignorance on too many levels to describe here.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Have to agree with the above comments. So sick of people saying these women can’t be doctors because of their body size/eating disorder. If Hilary or Doireann do have eating disorders I wish them the best with their recovery. Still not the biggest Doireann fan for various reasons, that’s why I’m here. I do hope she is getting help if she does have issues around food. Same goes for Hilary. Who by the way I think is brilliant. Absolutely hilarious, clearly hard working and very intelligent. Her account is mainly used for chat about fashion and famous people. She never gives medical advice or flogs vitamins etc like Doireann.

Reactions: 13
()

I beg to differ. U don’t know her. !!!

It’s really sad that being so thin is also viewed as a success of sorts for women. The above poster is right in wishing them well in their recovery, but I hope that like smoking, someday being painfully thin will not be seen as cool and glamourous.

Reactions: 8
I totally take the points being made about any illness either Doireann or Hilary has not impacting their ability to be doctors however, I don't think that's the issues here.

I can't comment on Hilary as I don't follow her/ haven't seen her Insta. But Doireann portrays herself as an influencer who promotes healthy living and is forever pushing her 'perfect' image. She promotes products and a 'aspirational' lifestyle. She has also posted frequently about her eating habits - tiny portions and only eating root vegetables as a treat. As a doctor and an influencer this is dangerous behaviour. If she does have an illness, then even more so. Particularly by failing to ever mention it. I'm not saying she needs to give a full debrief of her medical history but you can't have it both ways - putting things out about your own diet, promoting a healthy lifestyle and not mentioning that that's only part of the picture. As far as I'm aware no accepted dietary advice suggests healthy people should only eat root veg occasionally and with the tiny portions she has shown, a normal healthy woman of her age would have to eat several meals a day to meet the recommended daily calorie intake.

Aside from all of that, there are many many other things that are questionable about Doireann - not least accepting a free kitchen and bathroom when they could clearly afford to pay for them several times over or her own brand of vitamins when she is still a practicing gp.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I totally take the points being made about any illness either Doireann or Hilary has not impacting their ability to be doctors however, I don't think that's the issues here.

I can't comment on Hilary as I don't follow her/ haven't seen her Insta. But Doireann portrays herself as an influencer who promotes healthy living and is forever pushing her 'perfect' image. She promotes products and a 'aspirational' lifestyle. She has also posted frequently about her eating habits - tiny portions and only eating root vegetables as a treat. As a doctor and an influencer this is dangerous behaviour. If she does have an illness, then even more so. Particularly by failing to ever mention it. I'm not saying she needs to give a full debrief of her medical history but you can't have it both ways - putting things out about your own diet, promoting a healthy lifestyle and not mentioning that that's only part of the picture. As far as I'm aware no accepted dietary advice suggests healthy people should only eat root veg occasionally and with the tiny portions she has shown, a normal healthy woman of her age would have to eat several meals a day to meet the recommended daily calorie intake.

Aside from all of that, there are many many other things that are questionable about Doireann - not least accepting a free kitchen and bathroom when they could clearly afford to pay for them several times over or her own brand of vitamins when she is still a practicing gp.
All of this, exactly.

Reactions: 4

This is exactly how I feel too and you have articulated far better than I could.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Drhilary also doesn’t do fat shaming, more than once she called out doctors/people doing that. She knows she is privileged, and dotes on elderly people. We also shouldn’t judge thin people, I agree they both showcase their appearance, and it is uncomfortable. Having lived with serious anorexic people, I don’t see many of the physical symptoms here. It could be genetic, other illnesses or controlled eating (disordered eating too) in the case of Doireann. But we are not psychiatrists, we can only be concerned.

Reactions: 4
Drhilary also doesn’t do fat shaming, more than once she called out doctors/people doing that. She knows she is privileged, and dotes on elderly people. We also shouldn’t judge thin people, I agree they both showcase their appearance, and it is uncomfortable. Having lived with serious anorexic people, I don’t see many of the physical symptoms here. It could be genetic, other illnesses or controlled eating (disordered eating too) in the case of Doireann. But we are not psychiatrists, we can only be concerned.
Those two aren’t certainly naturally thin. That I know for a fact!!

I can never take in what she waffles on about because I'm so distracted by how her forehead NEVER MOVES

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.