Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Powpow46

I used to be in a job I hated, it made me physically and mentally sick. I wasn't in a financial position to leave. All I can say is, make plans to get yourself out. Pretty hard now because of Covid. But just apply for everything you can to get yourself out of there. Just remember it's only a job. It shouldn't rule your life and make you miserable. I'm in the best job I've ever had now and probably the easiest job too. Good things come to us all. Chin up and don't let the fuckers get you down. Good luck xx

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Just to let everyone know - I am the original poster of this thread and I have finally left my horrible job. A week to get my head straight before I start my new job, and I have never felt so relieved in my life!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Been at my new job (same kind of field) for just under a year now. Left a job I was in for a long time because I fancied a change. Now I regret it so much. Really don’t like it and it’s making me miserable every day. Without giving much away about myself it’s a really mentally tough job as it is, long commute, don’t like the team I work with, rubbish management. Makes me so sad. Can’t go back to my old job my position has been filled. It’s just making me miserable daily! Looking for other stuff but difficult at this time.
Anyone else in the same position?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

square_spoon

VIP Member
I had a job that was so horrible and stressful that it actually changed me as a person. I was hired externally to manage a department including an employee who had applied internally for the role I was given. Top management said they'd hired externally because of the dysfunction in the department, and this employee would just perpetuate it. Folks if ever you hear that in a recruitment process.......run and don't ever look back. When I say this person made my life a living hell I am being polite - the bullying was relentless and his favourite thing was to corner me when no-one else was around to have a go at me. He was snide and manipulative and slowly but surely poisoned a lot of the department against me and I would cry in the carpark every morning knowing I had to go inside. Whenever I brought it up with my manager it was dismissed as this guy just having sour grapes about me getting the job over him.

Eventually he made a complaint against me, not that I was bullying him or anything like that but that I was incompetent as a manager (i.e. he would have done the job better if they'd given it to him). Top brass 'investigated' and found it to be baseless but for me it was the push I needed to resign. Naturally he got my job the moment I left and I don't know any more than that as I've avoided the place and everyone in it since. It took me a few years to recover from it and even now I don't think I'll ever be the same. Am now in a fab job with great colleagues, great benefits and a nice relaxed atmosphere. Happy Friday to us all and I hope those of you who hate your jobs find a way to get out soon x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Me! I cry in the shower every morning even now when I don’t have to go in and ifs mainly working from home.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
EEEEKKKK! Just got this off the back of my interview on Wednesday -

Hi ,

It was lovely to meet you the other day.

We were impressed with your responses and would like to invite you to complete some tasks so we can see how you would deal with certain situations which may arrise in this role.

1. Phone up and leave a voicemail to a client to rearrange a meeting with Liam. You can phone 07XXXXXXXX0.
  2. Write an email that you would send to a client who’s website project needs to be pushed back by 2 weeks because of our staff illness. You can send this email to myself.
  3. Create a spreadsheet template to show how you would keep track of which office equipment/electronics team members have taken home with them - include some example data. Again please email this to myself.
We should be grateful if you could complete these tasks by Tuesday next week (8th March).

If you have any questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

I am ON IT LIKE A CAR BONNET!!!!!!!
I ONLY WENT AND GOT THE BLOODY JOB!!!!!!!

Just had the phone call about 20 minutes ago. I will write my notice tonight and hand it in tomorrow. If I wasn't going on holiday at the end of the month and needed the money, I'd be calling in sick for the rest of my notice period.

I feel like a 10 tonne weight has been lifted off me.

<3

• Heart
Reactions: 24

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
So this morning I went for my first job interview in 18 years and they only went and offered me it! I got out of the interview at 10.30 and they said they'd get me know by lunch time as they still had people to meet. I had a call just before 11 offering me the job!

I'm nervous and excited, it's not the radical change I was after, still in the same field but a totally different set up to what I've done before. The team seemed really nice so fingers crossed it works out 🤞🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart

Glamourelle

Hi all - I just wanted to give you an update on my posts from last year (I can’t believe how quickly time is going!).

For those who didn’t see my story, I started a new job and within a month I had felt like I had made a huge mistake. I spent a lot of sleepless nights crying as I couldn’t fit into the work culture, I kept getting work processes wrong and I honestly felt like I was drowning with the amount of work we were given, regularly working through lunch breaks and until 9pm. It turned into a regular weekly ritual that my manager would have a go at me and belittle me for pretty much anything. She once made me wait an agonising four days (including the weekend) saying she needed to have a serious word with me about something (I was sick with worry wondering what I had done), only for her to turn around after all of that and say it didn’t matter.

It actually makes me so sad to read back on my posts because I remember the amount of anxiety and worry I would get having to log in from home each day! 😞

I ended up leaving in April, two months after I joined the company. Can I just say that the feeling of relief was huge! I lived the unemployed life until June and started a new role in a company which is the kindest, most compassionate company I’ve ever had. My manager is so lovely, one who I see truly as a friend now, and will bend over backwards to accommodate any work in case we feel like we’re given too much (which we’re not). I can truly say I have found my dream role and company and I just wanted to write on here that anyone who is struggling, like I was, there is hope for you yet! You will all find somewhere you feel appreciated but in the meantime this forum was a HUGE help for me 💖💖

p.s. my old manager has since tried to add me on LinkedIn and it’s so petty but I declined her 😂😂

• Heart

Maeelleee

Hey Guys! I hope you all are well. I don't know if you remember me. I went on a job interview but didn't get it. I went on another one last week and got it. I signed the contract this week and I can't be more happier, it fels like I´m finally free.

Please don't give up guys,you´ll be out of your shit hole to job soon, i believe in you <3

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I absolutely despise my job. I been there for a few years now and the stress is something else. Frequent 8am calls and 11pm calls as we have colleagues on the other side of the world. No paid overtime. Been told to take annual leave multiple times in the pandemic total of 12 days now when we only get 25 a year. The stress of my job has led to me getting a variety of migraines that happen every day and no cure. Just tablets from the doctor that I take before bed but still early days and no real results yet :( I think about when I resign and all the things management need to hear.
Cannot leave my job yet because of my own financial commitments (mortgage. Credit card debit and car loan) once my CC debt is gone hopefully by September then I will be looking for a job that pays less and less stress.
cannot describe how many times I’ve cried because of this job. Or the times I faked being sick because my mental health was in pieces and I couldn’t get out of bed let alone work.
Look forward to the day I can come back to this post and say I am happy in my job
I just wanted to say I have a job offer at a new company and today I resigned! I am so excited for the next chapter!! will post another update once I been in my new role :D

• Heart
Reactions: 22

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I hate my job. I cry all the way to work with sheer anxiety of what the day will bring. I get there and act like everything is ok. I then drive home crying from the shit thrown at me during the day. Then get home and act like everything is rosy. It's exhausting. I'm not qualified to do anything else though. I feel trapped. I constantly worry about work and when I have nothing to worry about, I worry that I've forgotten something important that I should be worrying about. I work 12 hour days but am thankful for my half hour commute each way to cry where no one can see.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I've grown to hate every job I've had. It's usually been down to the people, either the other staff or the customers .

They all end up boring in the end too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

al255

VIP Member
Thanks for everyone’s advice - I aced the interview and soon as I got home she rung me to tell me how well I’d done and she wanted to offer me the job. She was really impressed with how well I’d researched the company and the answers I gave. It’s 4 min drive from my house and never any traffic en route, I’m going to be saving around £250 a month on petrol 😳 I’ll need to fill up maybe once a month if that! Handed my notice in via email as I’ve received the offer letter etc already, and I start on the 5th. I find my job really boring and the 3 hour travelling week / petrol prices was really getting me down so I’m SO happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Does anyone else get an urge on a daily basis to just yell “I FUCKING QUIT” and leave their job and just live on benefits or something. Honestly I feel like my life would be so much less stressful! Every time I get some sarcastic email or someone asking why I haven’t done something that I blatantly have I want to scream. It’s not big things put it’s just the constant nit picking I can’t deal with.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

azzarzar7

So pleased I’ve found this thread. I was let go from my job last week. My probation ended and they decided not to keep me on. They told me on my first day back in the office after two weeks holiday and I left with immediate effect. I absolutely hated the job and sobbed for 45 minutes straight at the thought of going back after our holiday. The people weren’t nice, the workload was absurd and it was generally making me miserable. I’m mostly frustrated that they let me go before I could hand my notice in and get in first. Feeling both relieved that I never have to go back but also terrified that I’ll never be employed again so it’s nice to see that people have been in the same situation and have come out of it fine!
I’ve had 5 interviews since I left on Monday so fingers crossed one will be successful and I’ll be back on my feet soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Sorry to hear what you’re going through. I was in a similar position to you a couple of years ago. I was so miserable I use to sit in my car at lunch times to eat and often cry. The manager was a witch. I told myself I’m getting out and back into the job I loved (teaching). As soon as I told myself I’m looking for a new job and as soon as I had a plan I felt so much better and I luckily got offered a teaching post which I love.

you will get out. Right now you possibly feel trapped and that makes it even worse. But you’re not trapped, remember that. I hope you find something else soon x x

• Heart
Reactions: 18

House of Tea

VIP Member
I hate work full stop. It’s the lack of control, the fulfilment of other people’s agendas, the office politics, the people. It all feels pointless. So many jobs are bullshit jobs. We are not saving lives, it’s all a futile game. I am a tad disillusioned you might be able to tell.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18