Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My long suffering partner, is bearing the brunt of the delayed reaction, to my dismissal. I keep going through the events of the last few months, in my head. I feel both sad and angry at the way I was treated. But like my partner said, in the long run I'm best off out of there.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Every Sunday, I feel such utter dread about the week ahead. I feel sick. Not good.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've been given 1 working days notice that I no longer have the option to work outside of core hours. I have been logging in and working my first 1.5 hours from 6 till 7 30 since we began working from home in March 2020. This working pattern was the best way round trying to juggle young children and not have to take calls etc while they are there and need my attention. I feel so stressed that this option has now been taken away. I've looked into breakfast club etc but limited nos allowed die to covid and they have waiting lists 😫😫😫

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I've been given 1 working days notice that I no longer have the option to work outside of core hours. I have been logging in and working my first 1.5 hours from 6 till 7 30 since we began working from home in March 2020. This working pattern was the best way round trying to juggle young children and not have to take calls etc while they are there and need my attention. I feel so stressed that this option has now been taken away. I've looked into breakfast club etc but limited nos allowed die to covid and they have waiting lists 😫😫😫
crappy they only give one days notice, can you go back and say that you need more time to put in arrangements. That’s if you are not going to fight it completely. I assume there have been no capability, deadline issues.

I’ve just started a new job in January and I don’t really like it , the training is not up to scratch and I’m been trained on a different thing everyday which I find is a bit overwhelming.
Some of the people are alright but I have to watch myself around certain people . I am going to stick it out for another month or two then look for something else

I’ve made 2 big mistakes at work. One yesterday and the other week. I was employed to ease the workload on others. My boss definitely lets it be known when he’s not happy. You know when you apologise, but it goes over their head. Just needed to vent 😂 it’ll be on my mind though, but that is only because I don’t like letting people down.

• Sad
I’ve just started a new job in January and I don’t really like it , the training is not up to scratch and I’m been trained on a different thing everyday which I find is a bit overwhelming.
Some of the people are alright but I have to watch myself around certain people . I am going to stick it out for another month or two then look for something else
That’s a good approach, you might suddenly like it in a few months. But if you don’t you are not wasting time getting yourself out of there.

Reactions: 1
could you speak with the person / people training you and let them know the current style of training isn't working for you? It might help, and if they accept your feedback and respond to it; it's a good start!

Yep, hate my job too! Started it last august after being in another job I absolutely hated for 3 years:ROFLMAO: this one is slightly better, I have more to do but still hate it and dread going in! My partner and I are hoping to get pregnant this year so I’ll stick it out until maternity, then leave and find another part time job elsewhere when I’d go back to work!

could you speak with the person / people training you and let them know the current style of training isn't working for you? It might help, and if they accept your feedback and respond to it; it's a good start!
I think they are making a training guide as there is some more new starters starting this month , they are not very discreet as I can hear what’s been discussed and today i overheard someone questioning what I was doing.
It makes me reluctant to ask for help as some of the staff are passive aggressive

I absolutely hate my job.
I want to ask to reduce my hours (until I find a new job) but I feel so guilty when everyone else works full time... how do I get the confidence to just ask??

• Heart
I absolutely hate my job.
I want to ask to reduce my hours (until I find a new job) but I feel so guilty when everyone else works full time... how do I get the confidence to just ask??
Just ask. Just do it. They could say no, but you don’t ask, you don’t get. You are asking them to reduce your hours and your pay will be reduced accordingly. You are not stealing anything from them. Put yourself first. It is not wrong to do that. You realise that if they wanted to get rid of you they would do so in a heartbeat, with no guilt. Take the emotion out of work. You exchange your Labour for money to live. That’s it. They don’t own you, you owe them nothing. Your priority is you. Do what is best for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yep. Been off a few days very ill. Feeling better but not great. Being guilt tripped to come back. Noone has picked anything up so I have more work to do. Boss is asking for finalised work an hour into me being back. Irony is when someone else in the team is I'll and is "battling through" they say " oh go home, you shouldn't be worried about work right now!" 😤

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hi all - I just wanted to give you an update on my posts from last year (I can’t believe how quickly time is going!).

For those who didn’t see my story, I started a new job and within a month I had felt like I had made a huge mistake. I spent a lot of sleepless nights crying as I couldn’t fit into the work culture, I kept getting work processes wrong and I honestly felt like I was drowning with the amount of work we were given, regularly working through lunch breaks and until 9pm. It turned into a regular weekly ritual that my manager would have a go at me and belittle me for pretty much anything. She once made me wait an agonising four days (including the weekend) saying she needed to have a serious word with me about something (I was sick with worry wondering what I had done), only for her to turn around after all of that and say it didn’t matter.

It actually makes me so sad to read back on my posts because I remember the amount of anxiety and worry I would get having to log in from home each day! 😞

I ended up leaving in April, two months after I joined the company. Can I just say that the feeling of relief was huge! I lived the unemployed life until June and started a new role in a company which is the kindest, most compassionate company I’ve ever had. My manager is so lovely, one who I see truly as a friend now, and will bend over backwards to accommodate any work in case we feel like we’re given too much (which we’re not). I can truly say I have found my dream role and company and I just wanted to write on here that anyone who is struggling, like I was, there is hope for you yet! You will all find somewhere you feel appreciated but in the meantime this forum was a HUGE help for me 💖💖

p.s. my old manager has since tried to add me on LinkedIn and it’s so petty but I declined her 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just found this thread and it's so nice seeing the updates from people that have gone onto newer, happier jobs. Where I am now is absolutely great (completely different industry, completely different job) but the two jobs I had before made me absolutely miserable.

One I was only there for three months (tiny family firm that was hit by covid and they couldn't afford to keep me on, out of five of us that were there, there's only two - the director and his wife who's also a director and she only worked part time). He was an absolute Jekyll and Hyde of a man - he seemed really friendly, funny and decent but turned out to be a nightmare. Stroppy, when he was in a bad mood the atmosphere was horrific. Used to go home early and watch us on the cameras to make sure we were working amongst other things. Had a go at me because a colleague had to lock up so we stopped working five minutes before the end of the day to go and turn off machines, ensure everything was in the right place etc etc. Next day he asked me what time I had stopped working and I said truthfully - he started shouting at me that he wasn't going to pay me for those five minutes?! I knew that wasn't normal behaviour so I didn't rise to it. What an arse. Barely above minimum wage and no sick pay or benefits. Was glad when I was made redundant!

I hope those in awful jobs are encouraged by the stories here that it doesn't have to be this way - always have an up to date CV if you can because you never know when you'll need it. :)

• Heart
  • Wow
Hi all - I just wanted to give you an update on my posts from last year (I can’t believe how quickly time is going!).

For those who didn’t see my story, I started a new job and within a month I had felt like I had made a huge mistake. I spent a lot of sleepless nights crying as I couldn’t fit into the work culture, I kept getting work processes wrong and I honestly felt like I was drowning with the amount of work we were given, regularly working through lunch breaks and until 9pm. It turned into a regular weekly ritual that my manager would have a go at me and belittle me for pretty much anything. She once made me wait an agonising four days (including the weekend) saying she needed to have a serious word with me about something (I was sick with worry wondering what I had done), only for her to turn around after all of that and say it didn’t matter.

It actually makes me so sad to read back on my posts because I remember the amount of anxiety and worry I would get having to log in from home each day! 😞

I ended up leaving in April, two months after I joined the company. Can I just say that the feeling of relief was huge! I lived the unemployed life until June and started a new role in a company which is the kindest, most compassionate company I’ve ever had. My manager is so lovely, one who I see truly as a friend now, and will bend over backwards to accommodate any work in case we feel like we’re given too much (which we’re not). I can truly say I have found my dream role and company and I just wanted to write on here that anyone who is struggling, like I was, there is hope for you yet! You will all find somewhere you feel appreciated but in the meantime this forum was a HUGE help for me 💖💖

p.s. my old manager has since tried to add me on LinkedIn and it’s so petty but I declined her 😂😂
I needed to read this today! I left my job in December after 6 years of employment and I knew within the first week of my new one it wasn’t the right place for me, my manager quit after 2 weeks for the same reasons that I am already seeing. It’s unsettled me and I can’t help but think, what’s the point of me sticking around to suffer? Equally, I don’t feel like I’ve given the job long enough but if I’m already feeling like this then I don’t feel too optimistic! I feel conflicted about what steps to take and I'm experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety already. I’ve tried to speak to a more senior manager, they sort of agree but argue that the company is changing 🙄 No actual timelines for these changes, it’s a complete mess. I had a few niggles about accepting the job and now mad at myself for not listening to that intuition more. My advice to anyone would be that the grass isn’t always greener, and be 100% sure you’ve checked out the company, maybe spoken to more people/read reviews before accepting 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I posted on here a few times last year I think. I hate the industry I'm in. It's so stressful with a lot at stake.

I've outgrown my role and also have been looking to move since finding out some friends in the same industry earn so much more than me. If I'm going to be hating my job then at least I can get paid better for it.

I was in no rush and have been looking casually for a few months. I was so shocked when I got an interview for an amazing firm (one I thought would be way out of reach). I thought the interview went well but just got the rejection email. Such a bummer :-(

• Sad
  • Heart
I posted on here a few times last year I think. I hate the industry I'm in. It's so stressful with a lot at stake.

I've outgrown my role and also have been looking to move since finding out some friends in the same industry earn so much more than me. If I'm going to be hating my job then at least I can get paid better for it.

I was in no rush and have been looking casually for a few months. I was so shocked when I got an interview for an amazing firm (one I thought would be way out of reach). I thought the interview went well but just got the rejection email. Such a bummer :-(
That is gutting, but you at least stood out from other candidates enough to get an interview! Could you get some feedback or ask if there’s any other similar roles they have coming up soon? X

• Heart

You did well to get that interview though. That’s encouraging right there. You got the opportunity to showcase yourself, not many do. And every interview is practice. I would ask for feedback. And don’t put off applying to the same firm again. So flip it. You had the opportunity to practice your interview skills. Do not fall at the first hurdle.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you @Magee and @House of Tea . I will ask for feedback. The market is really busy at the moment so hopefully something else will come up.

I've been so distracted with it that I've hardly done any work and now I feel bad and also have lots to catch up on. Yuck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.