Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mamacita

VIP Member
It makes me sad to think that when I'm old I'll look back on my life and all I'll remember is being permanently exhausted from working 40+ hours a week in a job with little to no thanks where I'm made to feel like I can't do anything right daily 😞
Yeah I feel that too.

I'm also permanently stuck in the vicious circle of thinking: "I should stop moaning and be grateful for having a job and being alive, I could be dead tomorrow" then immediately after "damn, if I could be dead tomorrow then wtf am I doing living my life this way" 🙄

Reactions: 15

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I left my job in November after being furloughed and then off sick with depression. It made me so ill and was just a standard retail supervisor job but I hated it I cried all the time and hated the bitchiness. I’m currently running an Etsy shop which I hope to do quite well with and have enough money to cover my side of the bills. I’ve lost a lot of confidence and the thought of working with horrible people again scares me. My Etsy is doing ok for now though but I think I’ve only been lucky cos I’ve had the hours to put into it with not working. Sorry to hear everyone else has felt so miserable I always thought it was just me 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I have spent days crying over my job. I am tied in with a training agreement, which ends in 6 months but I dont think I can take any more.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I used to be in a job I hated, in fact, most of my previous jobs I have hated to the point they have me ill.

I was in my last job almost three years and I don’t know I lasted that long, it made me really depressed to the point where I was desperate to find a way out, but I knew I needed to stay for financial reasons.

in the end, something kicked off and I ended up leaving anyway and spent three months unemployed until I found a new job. I have taken a pay cut, but it’s been worth it.

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I was dismissed from my job today. I went through the proper precedure of attending the meeting I was asked to attend . I have no recourse of action according to the letter I was given.
I'm not heartbroken, I did my best under some very difficult circumstances.

• Sad
  • Heart

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Finally handed my notice in Friday and waiting for a start date for my new job! Couldn’t wait any longer so if I am out of work for a short while so be it. My mental health is more important.

• Heart

Glamourelle

I’ve decided to hand my notice in tomorrow morning, I’ve officially reached breaking point😥. Cried all of last night but again thought I could be overreacting until my manager pulled me into a meeting earlier today and had a go at me for yet another thing. Have left her an email to say I would like to have a chat first thing tomorrow so there’s officially no going back!!

• Heart

Everycloud

I posted a while back how I was in a situation of struggling at work and trapped due to mortgage application.
Well I wanted to update my mortgage was approved and contracts on the house were exchanged and I was given the go ahead my by mortgage advisor that I could accept a new job (as long as it had certain terms such as permanent contract etc)

I have my last day at my job today. It’s bittersweet. They tried to keep me , ‘desperate’ to keep me were the words, but the more I considered their proposal the more I realised they wanted to keep me so much as it would benefit them more to not have to re-employ someone than it benefited me to stay. It’s my last day and they still didn’t show me anything physical job offer wise, they wanted me to go off verbal words and ‘trust’.
I was feeling a bit nervous and guilty about leaving today until I read this:

‘You will momentarily forget about the ways the job made you miserable, and you’ll exaggerate the ways it made you happy’ - the niggle in the back of my mind messing with me if I’ve made the right choice.

well I’ve taken a gamble on my new job offer, when I received it I was over the moon and so happy to be getting out of my current job. Funny how your mind messes with you!

• Heart

orangelolly

Chatty Member
It makes me sad to think that when I'm old I'll look back on my life and all I'll remember is being permanently exhausted from working 40+ hours a week in a job with little to no thanks where I'm made to feel like I can't do anything right daily 😞

• Sad

TJ90

VIP Member
Hi guys I have provisionally been offered a new job subject to pre employment checks. I was just wondering what the “rules” are with regards to notice periods? Do you HAVE to do your whole notice period like what would happen if you didn’t? My current work place is 2 months notice period and I am not prepared to do that. X
I left early from my old, horrible job. Took the hit on holiday pay and they took the money from my last wage from them. I couldn’t stand anymore time there than I physically had to. That month my bank account was at 0 by the time I’d pay essential bills but let me tell you it was worth every penny to get myself out of that toxic environment.
All the best in your new job.

• Heart
I hate my job but I am the bread winner in the family. I have kids to take care of so I am stuck there. I just have to suck it up and get on with it. I cry every lunch break. For people who do not have children if you are miserable in your job I hope you can quit and find something better.

• Sad
  • Heart

Hope96

VIP Member
Hate my job and I don't have any work friends which makes it even worse. When we were in the office I tried so hard to be polite and friendly with everyone but always ended up eating on my own. I used to sometimes work with my ex (recently broken up sadly) at his which made it better because I had someone to speak to during lockdown. The people I deal with work are horrible and self entitled buggers. My manager gives me fake sympathy when it comes to my health and recent relationship breakdown. She'll just move on like there is no care in the world for anything but the job. I have been off sick for about 11 weeks and return to work on Thursday and I really just can't bear it. I'm not sure if it's because of the break up or the fact that this job has crushed my soul for nearly two years. The worse thing is I really do need the money because I support my mum so I can't quit. I also have zero confidence when it comes to applying for jobs. I always undersell myself because I don't think I am good enough. :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Fairytruthmother

I’m in the first week of a new job and I absolutely hate it and know that it’s not right for me. I’ve seen another job advertised which I think m would be better suited for me but is it horrible to leave so early? I’m worried that if I don’t apply for the job being advertised I will miss my opportunity. I don’t know what to do.
Go for it, you don't owe them anything. I worked somewhere in the past where someone started a job went on their lunch break on the first day and never came back! Your guy feeling is usually right. Good luck!

• Heart
  • Haha

Tommyb

Chatty Member
The hoops they make people jump through now is ridiculous.
Agreed. I just had an interview.. well 3 with the first being a half hour general chat, the second 2 tests and an hour interview and the last was an hour to go through material supplied and then present in front of 3 people for 15 minutes. Was told they would be offering me the next week. Great.

Got a call from the recruitment agent saying they couldn't get approval from the company that recently purchased their company to hire someone new so they are pulling the position from the market🤯 What a waste of my time and 1.5 days holiday used!! 😡

• Angry
  • Wow

daisychainx

I handed mine in when my manager was away. I just went to the manager above that instead. It felt quite satisfying as my manager was the reason I was leaving the first place so knowing he’d get a text whilst on his fancy holiday in the Maldives and my departure would cause him a load of extra work gave me a final middle finger to him 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

jemma2223

I’ve got a job interview tomorrow and it’s a hybrid position in a big company so It’s so much better than where I’m at now. It’s less money but it would give me much better career progression. Fingers crossed I get it🤞
I GOT IT!! So excited! Handing my notice in on Friday and I’m so happy😌

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I think if I can give anybody younger any advice, really think long and hard about what age you want to retire, and work to achieving it. When you get older regrets kick in about all the money you wasted on shite you don’t even remember, when you could have bailed out of the 9-5 years ago

• Heart

RJF

VIP Member
I’ve been at this job a few months. Everything is going quite well as far as I was concerned.

My workload has doubled since September so I asked my boss for a meeting about my wellbeing and work expectations.

I turned up to the meeting today and they basically decided to turn the meeting into a discussion about my incompetence and inability to do my job. This came from absolutely nowhere.

As you can tell, I am feeling like absolute shite.
Update: my work is currently being audited by the industry regulator and I was BRUTAL in the anonymous employee feedback form.

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif

• Heart
  • Haha