Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been at my new job (same kind of field) for just under a year now. Left a job I was in for a long time because I fancied a change. Now I regret it so much. Really don’t like it and it’s making me miserable every day. Without giving much away about myself it’s a really mentally tough job as it is, long commute, don’t like the team I work with, rubbish management. Makes me so sad. Can’t go back to my old job my position has been filled. It’s just making me miserable daily! Looking for other stuff but difficult at this time.
Anyone else in the same position?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I used to be in a job I hated, it made me physically and mentally sick. I wasn't in a financial position to leave. All I can say is, make plans to get yourself out. Pretty hard now because of Covid. But just apply for everything you can to get yourself out of there. Just remember it's only a job. It shouldn't rule your life and make you miserable. I'm in the best job I've ever had now and probably the easiest job too. Good things come to us all. Chin up and don't let the fuckers get you down. Good luck xx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Yep and I recently moaned about it on here. I hate my job and the field I’m in. Don’t know what else I could do and would be worried to change career as am so used to the salary. The company I work for and my colleagues are lovely, it’s simply the industry I’m in that I hate.

I never used to be like this but for me I’ve been doing it a long time, it’s a stressful job and lockdown has made me realise there should be way more to life.

Just feel stuck!

There is still some recruitment going on now and things will definitely pick up. Focus on applying for other jobs, setting short term goals/distractions and keep telling yourself it’s just a job and shouldn’t take over your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry to hear what you’re going through. I was in a similar position to you a couple of years ago. I was so miserable I use to sit in my car at lunch times to eat and often cry. The manager was a witch. I told myself I’m getting out and back into the job I loved (teaching). As soon as I told myself I’m looking for a new job and as soon as I had a plan I felt so much better and I luckily got offered a teaching post which I love.

you will get out. Right now you possibly feel trapped and that makes it even worse. But you’re not trapped, remember that. I hope you find something else soon x x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you for your advice and glad to see you guys are happy now! It really does make you mentally ill doesn’t it and that feeling of dread when you wake up!
just hard to find something in the same (ish) field for a similar salary! I need to get out!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you for your advice and glad to see you guys are happy now! It really does make you mentally ill doesn’t it and that feeling of dread when you wake up!
just hard to find something in the same (ish) field for a similar salary! I need to get out!
For your own mental health and sanity get out of there 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I would leave tomorrow if I found something else but it’s so hard nowadays especially during covid! So many people going for one job

• Heart
I would leave tomorrow if I found something else but it’s so hard nowadays especially during covid! So many people going for one job
absolutely it’s easier said than done and you still have to make sure financially you’re ok. But there’s something reassuring when you’re actively looking and you realise you won’t be stuck in this hell hole forever 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I used to be in a job I hated, in fact, most of my previous jobs I have hated to the point they have me ill.

I was in my last job almost three years and I don’t know I lasted that long, it made me really depressed to the point where I was desperate to find a way out, but I knew I needed to stay for financial reasons.

in the end, something kicked off and I ended up leaving anyway and spent three months unemployed until I found a new job. I have taken a pay cut, but it’s been worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep and I recently moaned about it on here. I hate my job and the field I’m in. Don’t know what else I could do and would be worried to change career as am so used to the salary. The company I work for and my colleagues are lovely, it’s simply the industry I’m in that I hate.

I never used to be like this but for me I’ve been doing it a long time, it’s a stressful job and lockdown has made me realise there should be way more to life.

Just feel stuck!

There is still some recruitment going on now and things will definitely pick up. Focus on applying for other jobs, setting short term goals/distractions and keep telling yourself it’s just a job and shouldn’t take over your life.
Don't have much advice but this explains exactly how I feel

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to be, but fortunately I’ve managed to get out. I know it’s hard right now but just apply for everything you possibly can, and tell yourself you WILL find something else.

the job I was in made me miserable, I would cry all the time, I felt down constantly. I’d wake up every single morning wishing I was ill so I could call in sick. Eventually I did end up getting ill though and I think it was down to the stress. No job or amount of money if ever worth your health and sanity.

I sincerely hope you find something else soon x

• Sad
  • Heart
So horrible to hear so many of you have been so unhappy in your job! Really is sad to hear. I’m not quite at a bad level yet but I am getting there! Every day I regret leaving my old job! I don’t want to just apply for anything because I need a certain salary (live alone) and some things I am not able to apply. For but I will keep looking! You spend so much time at work you need to be happy don’t you.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Me! I cry in the shower every morning even now when I don’t have to go in and ifs mainly working from home.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I loved my last job until we started to lose money the boss was becoming nasty . They would communicate by email only rather than have meetings about important issues e.g. redundancies and work hours. I was lucky i was made redundant in the end , I was glad as they broke employment law many times to the point i had to seek representation i won in the end but i have not spoke to them in five years. I would look once in while don't feel bad about leaving !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I worked for a really professional well known organisation before and now the company I work for is so unprofessional. So unorganised, always sends emails and WhatsApp’s out of work hours which really put me on edge. Always changing things without asking us first. The team doesn’t gel, not professional at all and I just hate it

• Heart
  • Sad
I've grown to hate every job I've had. It's usually been down to the people, either the other staff or the customers .

They all end up boring in the end too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I hate my job, it’s boring & repetitive & I’m freezing cold all the time. I’m not in till Monday but it’s already making me anxious & upset, I need to stay there for financial reasons amongst other things.

• Sad
  • Heart
I was in a certain industry 16 years then left to do my dream job , absolutely loved it but due to idiots not seeing the bigger picture regarding childcare I had to leave , it was a case of something that could’ve been sorted for 3 months.
Then I went back into what I used to do ... I bleeping despise it with every fibre of my soul , my manager is a grade A bleeping piece of tit that the mum should have swallowed , absolutely dirty bleep of a woman , the rest of the staff are stupid lazy cunts
However I AM taking steps to go into a different field but it will take about a year and the Covid situation isn’t helping but , the way I look at it , it’s only for another year or so , it will come I’m confident . Fingers crossed , thankfully I’m furloughed so haven’t got to mix with them , for now.
The company send mental health posts by email , but they’re all wrong’uns and none of them mean a word of it , they’re doing it to give themselves a pat on the back , virtue signalling ... ‘ look at me ain’t I great ‘ and it all looks good when they have their appraisals to their bosses

I was in a job I hated previously, i didn't feel hate the job but more so the company and the way it was run was very frustrating. I took a big risk and left without another job lined up. People said I was crazy but my partner was supportive. I did agency work until I got a full time role. I also took a pay cut but the job i'm in now is less hours a day which makes it more bearable and i'm much happier.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.