Doctor Who

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No Moffat running the show is a bad thing imo. He gets too caught up in his plots.

Writing under an EP is Moffat at his best. Like in this episode. Like in all the RTD1 era stuff he did.
I like his plots. Russell T Davies started off well in the Eccleston and early Tennant series but I hated the romance stuff with Rose.
I guess we all like different things 🫠

So what's the theory about the older woman who's been in every episode so far?
Is she Susan?

Reactions: 2
I like his plots. Russell T Davies started off well in the Eccleston and early Tennant series but I hated the romance stuff with Rose.
I guess we all like different things 🫠

So what's the theory about the older woman who's been in every episode so far?
Is she Susan?
Actress' name is conveniently Susan Twist.

There's always a Twist at the end is gonna be a thing involving Susan.

And it would be very surprising to refer to Susan so explicitly and her not to turn up at the end of the series.

It feels like Susan is gonna be coming back.

Hooray I've found the Doctor Who thread! Tonight's episode has brought great relief that the rest of the series might be OK and not full of song and dance routines. It was a really tense episode and Ncuti was The Doctor!

Reactions: 5
Apparently viewing figures were lower this week, which is a shame as the latest episode was the best in the series so far.
With them being put on iPlayer early I think overnights are gonna be misleading, and an easy stick for the rags to bash the show with.

Really be more interesting to see the consolidated figures after 7 days and 28 days.

73 Yards hmmm..... I thought there was good and bad in this episode. The premise was interesting and quite creepy. For a while it felt promising if a little thin. The Welsh locals were unaccountably hostile and one of them seemed to be doing a parody of Little Britain's "I'm the only gay in the village".

Once again the doctor steps on something (is this a theme 🫠). I don't know why he was dressed as Paddington bear and where did he go to? He had no presence in this episode at all.

I felt disappointed at the end that we didn't find out what the woman said to make everyone run away screaming particularly Ruby's mum and Kate Lethbridge Stewart. I was glad to see Kate again but it was a missed opportunity when she also ran away without explanation.

Ruby just doesn't fit with her family. Are we supposed to believe that her mum has looked after her since she was abandoned as a baby?
She has none if their mannerisms or speech patterns. She sounds more like the lodger because for some unknown reason she has a northern accent instead of a London accent. It keeps bugging me. Why didn’t they cast someone with a London accent?

Ruby's mum ostracising her with no real explanation was very grating.

Reactions: 6
73 Yards hmmm..... I thought there was good and bad in this episode. The premise was interesting and quite creepy. For a while it felt promising if a little thin. The Welsh locals were unaccountably hostile and one of them seemed to be doing a parody of Little Britain's "I'm the only gay in the village".

Once again the doctor steps on something (is this a theme 🫠). I don't know why he was dressed as Paddington bear and where did he go to? He had no presence in this episode at all.

I felt disappointed at the end that we didn't find out what the woman said to make everyone run away screaming particularly Ruby's mum and Kate Lethbridge Stewart. I was glad to see Kate again but it was a missed opportunity when she also ran away without explanation.

Ruby just doesn't fit with her family. Are we supposed to believe that her mum has looked after her since she was abandoned as a baby?
She has none if their mannerisms or speech patterns. She sounds more like the lodger because for some unknown reason she has a northern accent instead of a London accent. It keeps bugging me. Why didn’t they cast someone with a London accent?

I agree with pretty much everything you say. Great potential as an idea, very poorly executed. Very thin development of the story and a total lack of explanation of anything which just left it as such a damp squib of an episode.

Reactions: 3
I've given up, and nothing on here is encouraging me to go back to it lol

Reactions: 4
I've given up, and nothing on here is encouraging me to go back to it lol
You're not missing much. I watch it with my daughter who's a fan of the show but even she thought yesterday's episode was a bit meh.

You're not missing much. I watch it with my daughter who's a fan of the show but even she thought yesterday's episode was a bit meh.
I don't understand how people are raving about it. Like I get that it's playing on ruby's fear of abandonment, and how unsettling it is for her to be so isolated, but that isn't a story.

I keep watching because I so much want to enjoy it. I want to love it like I did series 1-4 of New Who. But I'm struggling. Have been since RTD left the first time to be honest. Because I was never the biggest fan of Moffat era either or Chibnall.

I wanted to like it and it was intriguing, but there were so many unanswered questions...

- Who made the fairy circle?
- Why did the Doctor disappear?
- What did older Ruby say to people to make them run?
- How was older Ruby able to follow her around for 65 years, what did she turn into?
- How was she able to follow her when she was in a car or train?
- How did Ruby not go mad or have a breakdown after being abandoned by everyone she trusted and stalked for 65 years?
- Why were flowers being left at the Tardis?
- Why does Anita Dobson keep popping up?

🤷‍♀️

I don't understand how people are raving about it. Like I get that it's playing on ruby's fear of abandonment, and how unsettling it is for her to be so isolated, but that isn't a story.

I keep watching because I so much want to enjoy it. I want to love it like I did series 1-4 of New Who. But I'm struggling. Have been since RTD left the first time to be honest. Because I was never the biggest fan of Moffat era either or Chibnall.
Yes RTD did a great job rebooting the show with Christopher Eccleston and the first 4 series were great. I also enjoyed Matt Smith's episodes (particularly with Amy). It started losing it for me when Clara was introduced and she seemed more important than the Doctor.

Capaldi just didn't work in the part, even though he should have done because he's a good actor.
The plots got more convoluted and I couldn't stand Jodie so I stopped watching.

It's still too early for me to really judge Ncuti. He has a lot of energy which is a positive but he does also come across a bit like a children's entertainer at a holiday park.

Reactions: 5
I loved it tbh. need a rewatch to fully get everything, but I love a bit of folk horror and millie did a great job considering that was the first episode she filmed

really enjoying the series so far! feels like it was when they re booted it with 9. some silly and some serious. really loving the doctor and ruby together to! happy that it's just a friendship and not romantic relationship 😅 the last two episodes have been very tense but still so cool!

Reactions: 4
It’s awful. Not impressed with Ncuti’s acting and Millie is even worse. She annoys me in the same way Clara used to - flitting around being so perky, chippy and chirpy.

Aneurin Barnard acted the pants of everyone. He’d be great for the next Doctor.

It’s awful. Not impressed with Ncuti’s acting and Millie is even worse. She annoys me in the same way Clara used to - flitting around being so perky, chippy and chirpy.

Aneurin Barnard acted the pants of everyone. He’d be great for the next Doctor.
😄 I know what you mean. The doctor is supposed to be an ancient alien who has travelled far and wide across the universe but he gets as excited as a school boy standing on a Welsh cliff.

Matt Smith used to pull off the 'I may look young but I'm actually really old' vibe but Ncuti hasn't
managed that so far. I find it less annoying from Ruby because she is young.

Did not enjoy that at all. Wow, that's the only time I've been on the side of the monsters and wanted them to eat them all as they deserved it and so the episode would end quicker! 😂

Reactions: 7