Doctor Who

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoyed this episode. I wish we could have had a few more episodes for ' fun romps' this series.

I hope we get to see Rogue again, he seems fun. The Doctor does seem to have a thing for slightly naughty people.

Reactions: 6
Was that supposed to be the real 1800s or a fantasy version? If it was supposed to be the real 1800s then the aristocracy would have been ethnically white and the doctor would have faced some racism. Also being gay was illegal then and punishable by death. Anyway I guess as this appeared to be Bridgerton rather than the real 1800s then I suppose it doesn't matter.

My daughter loved it and we both thought it was a bit like 'family of blood'. The plot was better explained in this episode at least.

I wonder if the Rogue character will come back, although with him being a bounty hunter he wouldn't normally be 'friend' material.
I do wish that the doctor wouldn't keep crying in every episode. I'm finding that a bit irritating.

The Rogue could be Captain Jack because anything is possible in Dr Who, but I think he's more likely to be a replacement type of character.

I found it all bit too quick, he met Rogue, almost got killed by him, kissed, got a bit upset he was gone, then was over it and ready for the next adventure in the space of 50 mins :LOL: especially for the Doctor, that must feel like 5 seconds when you've been alive as long as him. It would have worked better if they met in an earlier episode, he pined over him for a few episodes then met again, then the kiss would be more meaningful

Reactions: 3
I've been surprised by enjoying this series. I was so apprehensive when RTD annnouced he was coming back, I was extremely sick of his writing and the same old tropes by the end of his first run, and by how long the tenth Doctor's exit was dragged out. I groaned when David Tennant came back too.

But mostly? It's been a lot of fun. I think after Chibnall's reign of terror anything could seem enjoyable in comparison but I've had a good time watching the episodes. Some quibbles but nothing that has enraged me enough to stop me watching. I had to stop start several times during Chibnall's run and there are some episodes I never watched because I knew they'd make me angry like Orphan 55. The only episode I could stomach so far this series was Space Babies - talking babies and babies acting like adults give me the ick massively, so I ditched that one. But I have liked everything else apart from the Church on Ruby Road which I found pretty awful and didn't understand why there was a song and dance number.

I'm not so bothered about stuff like historical accuracy in a show like this, it's all just fluff and nonsense really isn't it? And that's okay. Sometimes it's even welcome. I am just pleased the lecturing has been mostly dropped. Russell has had a few moments but nothing like as bad as it was with Chibnall. In terms of any social messaging I find Russell a much more skilled writer, most of the time.

Reactions: 4
I've been surprised by enjoying this series. I was so apprehensive when RTD annnouced he was coming back, I was extremely sick of his writing and the same old tropes by the end of his first run, and by how long the tenth Doctor's exit was dragged out. I groaned when David Tennant came back too.

But mostly? It's been a lot of fun. I think after Chibnall's reign of terror anything could seem enjoyable in comparison but I've had a good time watching the episodes. Some quibbles but nothing that has enraged me enough to stop me watching. I had to stop start several times during Chibnall's run and there are some episodes I never watched because I knew they'd make me angry like Orphan 55. The only episode I could stomach so far this series was Space Babies - talking babies and babies acting like adults give me the ick massively, so I ditched that one. But I have liked everything else apart from the Church on Ruby Road which I found pretty awful and didn't understand why there was a song and dance number.

I'm not so bothered about stuff like historical accuracy in a show like this, it's all just fluff and nonsense really isn't it? And that's okay. Sometimes it's even welcome. I am just pleased the lecturing has been mostly dropped. Russell has had a few moments but nothing like as bad as it was with Chibnall. In terms of any social messaging I find Russell a much more skilled writer, most of the time.
I gave up watching during Jodies time in the Tardis it was so bad, so I would definitely agree that this is an improvement.
It's gone from cringey (that horrible musical song 🤯) to intriguing in some places but at least it's more fun.
Ncuti (with the ever changing accent) is charismatic but also a bit OTT and annoying at times. He needs to step forward a bit more and stop bloody crying 😀

Reactions: 1
The crying in every single episode is weird, to the point where I'm wondering if it's part of the plot! If not I will not be a fan of it.

I wish it was the old standard of 13 episodes. We've only got two left and it's been breakneck speed the whole run. I would have liked to spend a bit more time with the Doctor and Ruby before the big mystery is front and centre.

I gave up half way through the beatles episode but as Jonathan Groff and Indira Varma were in it, and I always like the historical ones i thought I'd give it a go.

As expected Jonathan and Indira are great.

But this is a real historic setting, and the script has two men dance together, which is still seen as shocking while completely ignoring a black aristocrat? Either stick to a Bridgerton colour blind/inclusive type world, or don't. Don't pick and choose.

Ncuti continues to be great, but I think Ruby is a terrible actress.

Also Paul Forman 🥵

But the overall tone still feels off

It does feel more childlike, without the edge it had. Also considering the budget increase, the cgi seems worse
I know what you mean. I still cannot decide if Ncuti is the doctor as my opinion of him changes from week to week. He's better than Jodie but that's not saying much.

On the plus side he's a good looking man and looked particularly fine in the Bridgerton episode 🔥
They're obviously not going for a signature look for him like his predecessors.
I like that he's energetic but sometimes he seems very immature.

He doesn't always sound like the most intelligent person in the room. He's supposed to be an ancient alien with a thousand years of knowledge travelling the universe but he's not great at commanding authority. My main source of annoyance has been him running away from danger instead of confronting it, and crying too much.

The fact that he almost sacrificed Ruby this week was also rather jarring. He left her to go off with a potential love interest and totally let her down. I felt that previous doctors wouldn't have considered sending her to another dimension with some weirdo bird creatures to die. So overall he's a bit inconsistent to me. Hopefully he'll pull it off in the finale episodes.
Looking forward to the finale for all to be unravelled.

480142-027775d.jpg

'S Triad' is an anagram of Tardis. Maybe this Susan character has invented some sort of time travel device which is why she keeps popping up 🤔 and she could also possibly be his granddaughter. The actress was born in 1956 so would have been a child in the 60s making her the right age.

Reactions: 2
nnnnoooooooo! can't wait another week for the conclusion!

was proper screaming by the end 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This was the best episode all season, but still had some really cringey moments for me that were bad writing and didn't work.
A cracking episode although we were really laughing at "reverse time by rewinding the tape"
This bit being one of them.

Just the vibe of the banter bits was awkward for me.

Reactions: 1
This was the best episode all season, but still had some really cringey moments for me that were bad writing and didn't work.

This bit being one of them.

Just the vibe of the banter bits was awkward for me.
Well at least it was a bit scary.
Why was Donna's daughter at Unit?
Last time we saw her she was stitching things 😃

Well at least it was a bit scary.
Why was Donna's daughter at Unit?
Last time we saw her she was stitching things 😃
Yes, finally a villain that is giving scary vibes. I've spent all series being bored of the villains (except Maestro) and wishing for Daleks and Cybermen just for a bit of real villainy.

Work experience. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I liked that episode (y) it had some action, humour, suspense, a scary villian, mysteries, potential end of the world - that's what Doctor Who should be about. Looking forward to next week's episode for the first time in ages. Good to see some old faces too 😀

Who do we think is Ruby's mum then?