Doctor Who

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a bunch of spoilers for dot and bubble this morning, but actually seeing it play out was horrendous

lindy and her pals deserve nothing

Reactions: 10
Ricky September deserved better from Lindy - even if he might have also been a racist, I'm gonna live in hope that him reading might have made him better able to learn to be better.

Also on a purely physical level Ricky/Tom Rhys Harries the actor is beautiful 😍 🥰

Reactions: 4
I hated Lindy within the first 5 minutes and spent most of the episode hoping she'd get swallowed by a giant slug 😅

I thought the obvious messages from that were social media/online life bad and racism bad. My daughter gave her the benefit of the doubt at the end and said it was like pioneer settlers refusing help from natives to survive. Whatever though. I couldn't care less if they make it down the river.

Again that episode didn't answer any questions about what was going on. I felt that any doctor prior would have called them out for their shite but he didn't, which was a bit disappointing.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully we'll see the Doctor in action in the next episode :rolleyes: half the series so far he's either been seen through a screen on the bubble, vanished a few mins in the week before, then before that he was stood on the spot the entire episode

Reactions: 3
I hated Lindy within the first 5 minutes and spent most of the episode hoping she'd get swallowed by a giant slug 😅

I thought the obvious messages from that were social media/online life bad and racism bad. My daughter gave her the benefit of the doubt at the end and said it was like pioneer settlers refusing help from natives to survive. Whatever though. I couldn't care less if they make it down the river.

Again that episode didn't answer any questions about what was going on. I felt that any doctor prior would have called them out for their shite but he didn't, which was a bit disappointing.
This. Where is the explanations of anything. Like what really was Fine Time. What where the slugs? Where did they come from? They weren't defeated in anyway, they just escaped from them.

Everything this season feels very surface level and story development is really lacking.

• Heart
Lindy's actress looks a lot like Bryce Dallas Howard when she was blonde in Spiderman 3 ... I couldn't unsee that all episode!

Reactions: 1
Lindy's actress looks a lot like Bryce Dallas Howard when she was blonde in Spiderman 3 ... I couldn't unsee that all episode!
Yes I thought that too! And the episode reminded me a lot of her black mirror episode. I did wonder if that was a coincidence or not, it felt quite deliberate

Reactions: 2
I saw a bunch of spoilers for dot and bubble this morning, but actually seeing it play out was horrendous

lindy and her pals deserve nothing
I managed to go in spoiler-free.. we are firmly team Space Slugs in this house! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've complained about this before on the celebrity gossip threads but Russel T Davis hates women.

• Wow
I've complained about this before on the celebrity gossip threads but Russel T Davis hates women.
I can remember Moffat getting a lot of stick for his women as well. I don't think that Moffat hated women, I think he just has an idea of a 'strong female character' in his head, and he keeps writing that women over and over again ( strong, sexy, witty, flirty....and sometimes bisexual).

I might be wrong, but I think RTD takes a lot of influence from writing for soaps in his older women. Especially when writing mothers and grandmother's. Jackie Tyler feels very much like a soap character to me.

He made Lindy stand in for the failure of her entire society, that has raised her and all the others in Finetime to have such views. It takes more than one day to unpack that and change your mind on something like that. But the people in Finetime didn't immediately do a 180 on their views so they deserve to die or something.

In ' It's a Sin' he made one of the characters mothers the villain of the show. Not failure in government and health care, not society, not the father, not the family of the guy who died who burned all his clothes and things. And he gets the young women , who's entire character revolves around her supporting gay men, to do it.

I am going to have to think about this a bit. I can't fully remember all of his old episodes so may have to jog my memory and see if he keeps doing similar things to women.

Reactions: 7
I can remember Moffat getting a lot of stick for his women as well. I don't think that Moffat hated women, I think he just has an idea of a 'strong female character' in his head, and he keeps writing that women over and over again ( strong, sexy, witty, flirty....and sometimes bisexual).

I might be wrong, but I think RTD takes a lot of influence from writing for soaps in his older women. Especially when writing mothers and grandmother's. Jackie Tyler feels very much like a soap character to me.

He made Lindy stand in for the failure of her entire society, that has raised her and all the others in Finetime to have such views. It takes more than one day to unpack that and change your mind on something like that. But the people in Finetime didn't immediately do a 180 on their views so they deserve to die or something.

In ' It's a Sin' he made one of the characters mothers the villain of the show. Not failure in government and health care, not society, not the father, not the family of the guy who died who burned all his clothes and things. And he gets the young women , who's entire character revolves around her supporting gay men, to do it.

I am going to have to think about this a bit. I can't fully remember all of his old episodes so may have to jog my memory and see if he keeps doing similar things to women.
Martha I think was one of RTDS creations, a waste of a character who spent most of her tenure lusting after the doctor or being upset he hadn't noticed her. With women I find he either does a fairly heavy handed 'she is the hero' but mainly falls back on villian/soppy/childish.
I thought Saturdays episode was really interesting and a great bit of sci-fi, lots to think about but I couldn't escape the 'rubbish malevolent woman child and the beautiful heroic man' thread, I knew RTD had written it before I looked it up

Martha I think was one of RTDS creations, a waste of a character who spent most of her tenure lusting after the doctor or being upset he hadn't noticed her. With women I find he either does a fairly heavy handed 'she is the hero' but mainly falls back on villian/soppy/childish.
I thought Saturdays episode was really interesting and a great bit of sci-fi, lots to think about but I couldn't escape the 'rubbish malevolent woman child and the beautiful heroic man' thread, I knew RTD had written it before I looked it up
I really liked Martha and was annoyed when they made the mistake of making her fall for the doctor. She had a lot of potential as a great companion. She was intelligent and studying medicine. Why did every companion travelling with Tennant have to be in love with him? The other doctors never got that treatment.
Now we've got a version of the doctor living with Rose and another with Donna, yuk.

I really liked Martha and was annoyed when they made the mistake of making her fall for the doctor. She had a lot of potential as a great companion. She was intelligent and studying medicine. Why did every companion travelling with Tennant have to be in love with him? The other doctors never got that treatment.
Now we've got a version of the doctor living with Rose and another with Donna, yuk.
Yes! Completely agree, Martha's could have been so much than the love sick companion, and the multi tenants with Rose and Donna is just patronising

I really disliked Martha. She could've been so much more but found her to be overdramatic.

I quite liked the most recent episode.

we ain't seen the last of rogue, I think/hope

great episode. I'm kinda in bits

• Heart