Disney Vloggers #11 Something for free? Me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you have a rough figure? And isn’t there a yearly payment too?
Right now, its $217pp, so $21,700 up front plus about $300 closing costs. so call it £22k.

Annual dues at Riviera are $8.50pp, so $850 this year. Worth noting that Riviera is a newer resort, so the Dues won't increase much for now (was only a 0.8% increase into 2023). As the resorts get older and come up to their hard refurbishment (where they strip it back to the dry wall and start again), the increase is more, this year Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom and Boulder Ridge all had 4-5% increases. I ignore the dues increases for Hilton Head, Aulani and Vero as you go into those knowing they'll be a lot higher as they are on the coast an susceptible to Salt Water and Hurricane damage.

IMO, they are crazy to have bought 100 points direct, around the time they bought you could buy 100 Saratoga points for half that on the resale market, and it has lower dues too despite having just had a full refurb.

Reactions: 4
But do you get the same credit if you buy resale versus direct?
With resale, you basically can only use the points to stay at Disneyworld. You can't use the exchanges and there are other restrictions. If that's all you want with the points, then resale is great. If not, then maybe it isn't so great.
Also, if you buy direct and want to get rid of it later, Disney always has right of first refusal, so if it's still in demand, you'll likely get the best sale price from them.

With resale, you basically can only use the points to stay at Disneyworld. You can't use the exchanges and there are other restrictions. If that's all you want with the points, then resale is great. If not, then maybe it isn't so great.
Also, if you buy direct and want to get rid of it later, Disney always has right of first refusal, so if it's still in demand, you'll likely get the best sale price from them.
thats not correct. You can use resale to stay at aulani, Vero, Hilton head and grand Californian. The restrictions are that if you buy resale you can only use them at the classic resorts in the original dvc Condominium associations - you can’t use resale at riviera, new tower Disneyland hotel, and most probably the new polynesian block (the GF expansion was included as part of the current condominium association).

also a resale purchase of new resorts like riviera will restrict the purchaser to only use at that resort and no others. Greatly reducing the resale value of those resorts.

If you are subject to ROFR being exercised by DVC, they will purchase at the price you are presenting at with the proposed private buyer (they won’t pay more or less than what it’s presented as) - the only person who loses out Is the new buyer.

Resale also does not get the benefit of DVC perks such as after hour parties at certain parks. A strategy for some is to first buy points directly from Disney and then add points on the resale market. You get the Disney perks from the direct purchase but get cheaper points overall on the general resale market.

Oh, sorry, I mis-wrote about WDW/other resorts, I was just going from memory. Jeez, didn't realize the new ones were restricted that resort only. That ROFR is different than it was presented to me years ago.

Resale also does not get the benefit of DVC perks such as after hour parties at certain parks. A strategy for some is to first buy points directly from Disney and then add points on the resale market. You get the Disney perks from the direct purchase but get cheaper points overall on the general resale market.
The minimum purchase for perks keeps going up!

The perks are becoming less useful. Having to Plan a trip at 11 months from the UK, you're not likely to make it to after hours event. A DVC lounge with free lays (wow!), A Top if the World Lounge where you have to pay for entry. Annual Pass discount only useful if you go twice within 12 months, and even then from Jan 2024 a dated ticket will mean you don't need to make park reservations.

When we did the sums the amount we saved buying resale completely out weighed the benefits in terms of monitory value.

most probably the new polynesian block (the GF expansion was included as part of the current condominium association).
It'll be interesting to see if it gets included, but no big deal if it isn't, the Poly Studios are not that difficult to get at 7 months. Not like an AKL Value room!

The perks are becoming less useful. Having to Plan a trip at 11 months from the UK, you're not likely to make it to after hours event. A DVC lounge with free lays (wow!), A Top if the World Lounge where you have to pay for entry. Annual Pass discount only useful if you go twice within 12 months, and even then from Jan 2024 a dated ticket will mean you don't need to make park reservations.

When we did the sums the amount we saved buying resale completely out weighed the benefits in terms of monitory value.

It'll be interesting to see if it gets included, but no big deal if it isn't, the Poly Studios are not that difficult to get at 7 months. Not like an AKL Value room!
That value room is rarer than a unicorn.

Reactions: 1
My apologies to any Americans on here, but why do so many US vloggers not know how to hold cutlery properly? Just watching Jojo's world in DLP and he's eating at Chez Remy, holding the fork so weirdly, Tim Tracker does it too, as do many others that I can't remember

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nothing to do with the US, they're just idiots.
I notice some of the younger folks hold the fork too far down almost right at the tines. David of Ben and David comes to mind immediately. They do cruising if anyone's not familiar. But, that makes no sense to me either.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Nothing to do with the US, they're just idiots.
I notice some of the younger folks hold the fork too far down almost right at the tines. David of Ben and David comes to mind immediately. They do cruising if anyone's not familiar. But, that makes no sense to me either.
Ah ok, both Tim and Jojo hold the fork in a fist style then jab it into the food......and also cut far too much off each time

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yes that's how a lot of Americans eat. They cut their food up by kind of stabbing the fork into the food to hold it in place, then they cut it with the knife and then put the knife down, switch the fork into the other hand and eat the food with just the fork.

Almost as bad as people who hold their knife like a pencil.

Yes that's how a lot of Americans eat. They cut their food up by kind of stabbing the fork into the food to hold it in place, then they cut it with the knife and then put the knife down, switch the fork into the other hand and eat the food with just the fork.

Almost as bad as people who hold their knife like a pencil.
Jeez, haven't seen that one before, with the knife like a pencil. I learned ages ago to use the fork with either hand so I'm not spending my time swapping back and forth, lol. I'm in the US and no one I know holds a fork like JoJo or Tim.

My apologies to any Americans on here, but why do so many US vloggers not know how to hold cutlery properly? Just watching Jojo's world in DLP and he's eating at Chez Remy, holding the fork so weirdly, Tim Tracker does it too, as do many others that I can't remember

I’m British and now live in America and it’s one of the first things I noticed when I moved here. Almost all of them eat in a weird way.

yeah it will be interesting to see if they do get included as it may indicate how further expansions may be handled (I think the advertising material is intentionally vague to give dvc the option to do what they want with the resort)

also, don’t need to pay for top of the world lounge…theres An optional dessert package thing you can book, but not essential.

More to the point, I don’t know how anyone can continue to watch Jojo. The man hike is a complete idiot who has to be the centre of attention. Doesn’t he hang around with the twit who became famous for drinking Disney springs fountain water and other such dumb drama?

Reactions: 1
More to the point, I don’t know how anyone can continue to watch Jojo. The man hike is a complete idiot who has to be the centre of attention. Doesn’t he hang around with the twit who became famous for drinking Disney springs fountain water and other such dumb drama?
They're all kind of idiots to me, just to differing degrees.

I have only watched a few of his, the recent DLP ones and the ones where The Lodge twats appear because they always look super awkward in others vlogs.

yeah it will be interesting to see if they do get included as it may indicate how further expansions may be handled (I think the advertising material is intentionally vague to give dvc the option to do what they want with the resort)

also, don’t need to pay for top of the world lounge…theres An optional dessert package thing you can book, but not essential.
Ah I didn't know it was optional, I've not bothered looking as I'm a resale outcast!! :cry:
---
That value room is rarer than a unicorn.
Managed to get one night once, by pure chance!! lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.