Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Mr David and Mr Ian clearly earn a good wage. They spend a lot but at least they’ve earnt their money and aren’t always on the beg like certain others!

@USAObsessed I’d forgotten about Damian and India, used to love their vlogs! Last thing I remember is they’d put their wedding on hold I wonder if they’re still together.

Reactions: 9

Merida91

First post. Started watching Disney vloggers beginning of lockdown when our florida holiday got postponed. Have watched nearly everyone mentioned including the Saturday Night Discussions shows most weeks, in fact in deep lockdown it was something to look forward too but I can understand a couple of the comments here. One week they had a quiz on themselves and their friend vloggers and I felt alienated as I'd only watched TUKDC and some of Nathan but not others. I didn't pick up on arguments so have found the posts here very interesting.

Started off with Becky and Lloyd. Very good content, just wish they'd cut the "outfit of the day" 5 min slow pan segments. Quick 5 second mention is enough. Moved on to The Despicable Three. Love them and gained a few useful tips. Then Sarah and Adam (her platonic flatmate) from That Sounds Fun. I see the comments not liking her moaning. I prefer it if some vloggers are bit more honest about feeling tired or not well as I find it more relatable and then interesting to see what they do with limited energy as that's bound to be me when we get out there. Also their friendship is refreshing. Watched a few ClaireyTale, she seems genuinely lovely, and as she used to work at WDW so her trips aren't the norm as she might do something her old CM mate has organised, she also gives the odd behind the scenes fact. Then we found TUKDC. At first we found Paul a bit odd but liked the quality they produced and gained some useful tips. His rants were a bit annoying but overall their videos were quite helpful although a bit less relatable as we're not personally Disney superfans. Having read some of the comments on him fat shaming Cheryl and calling her Madam looking back I agree. Have watched Soph and Nath, they were ok. We tried watching some of Nathan Staker's but found him boring, however I will say that I'm enjoying his more recent UK theme park videos. I think he's grown in confidence hugely over the past year from doing the Saturday shows.

I prefer vloggers who are more relatable for me i.e that aren't super disney obsessed and will do other stuff and a mixture of excited and chilled. I also don't particularly like those that go to about 3 places in 1 day and have 16+ hour days as it seems unachievable for a whole fortnight but again that's because I personally couldn't do it and tbh I'm just jealous at their energy levels! We also watch AllEars and DFB for latest Covid rules.

TUKDC Break up musings: When they officially announced it I was shocked because they had a trip to Berlin in October then did Vlogmas. So either it happened very quickly or they're great actors, or potentially a bit of both. Looking back there were several things I noticed from the Saturday night shows.
1. The New Year's Eve show. At midnight while all other couples kissed, they didn't. In fact if you watch closely they each wipe at their eyes. At the time I thought this was tiredness but the break down of their relationship must have already happened by this point. They also sit each end of the sofa and go on their phones while everyone else is celebrating. Paul starts to bounce his arms for Auld Lang's syne and only after a couple of minutes does Cheryl reluctantly join in. I also have a theory it was Cheryl that instigated it for the below reasons and that in this show Paul did a drunk emotional rant about how he'd learned how much he appreciated the people closest to him, even though Cheryl was sitting next to him, which now with the context seems a bit harsh on her, if she had instigated it.
2. The following show a week later Cheryl isn't there. Paul tells us she's not feeling well. Cheryl's mum is commenting as normal so is seemingly unaware of the break up. There's a new intro for the new year which includes a clip of TUKDC looking lovingly at each other. If you had just dumped someone out of all the footage you wouldn't choose that would you? DisneyFreak also comments that the intro is "sad but it's his decision," which must be related to this. The following week (16th Jan) Cheryl is back on.
3. The following week (ep 48) Cheryl isn't there and we are told she's having an early night and is already in her pjs. Paul shouts to her and claims she can't hear him. It's Jan 23rd so surely by this point they have broken up. Cheryl's mum isn't in the shout outs so presumably she's stopped watching by now. Also the live comments have now been removed from this video which seems odd. We know from their later post the split happened in January. Show on Jan 30th both of them aren't there at all with Nathan saying they are taking a week off. Then finally the following week on ep 50 Feb 6th Paul is back Cheryl isn't, and people actually ask in the comments where is she? Paul says Cheryl is "taking a break for a few weeks from the show, which nothing to worry about, she's taking a break from the show which she's entitled to do." But that previous week must have been her moving out.
At first I wondered if 1 of them had decided they wanted kids. We have been told in past videos Cheryl is 36 and Paul is 34, I wondered if she suddenly wanted them and to get on with it and he didn't so that was that? Then I thought are they just one of the couples that haven't survived lockdown? Paul has said many times he travels/flies often for work and Cheryl has a busy NHS job and maybe seeing each other 24/7 for a year got to them? We'll probably never know. It would be nice if they'd just said something vague like "we have realised we are now different people." People are entitled to privacy but if you have a dedicated community you need to tell them a reason even if it's vague and doesn't specify the actual reason.

whatsever you

VIP Member
Broadways Away are doing a ‘trip announcement’ on Sunday too.
I think they like to prove how important they are and that they can afford all these things. With their massive DVC badges
Maybe im on my own here, but these people who have DVC always seem to have kinda gross houses. The DVC UK members who go twice a year max would rather live in 'luxury' for a few weeks than do their home up nicely or even move- I just don't get it! It's a massive chunk of money plus £1000's of yearly dues!

• Haha

Emmy79

VIP Member
Cant stand Disney vloggers who make big announcements without actually telling you what they are doing.

get Binky (don’t follow came up on my explore page) saying they have big plans for 2022 but also hinting at something happening this year and people are saying wedding. You’re not bloody Jay Z and Beyoncé just tell people instead of all the little hints. The self importance is ridiculous.
I agree! Yaz and Ash did that recently too! They always start the 'reveal' saying crap like "So sorry we kept this from you but...."

• Haha

Keithlovescarrots

Chatty Member
Knappy Sian asked what people's Disney dream is? It's it DVC? or AP like her? She assures us of we keep reaching for that dream we will get it.

Thanks love. If you could tone the smugness down at least 7 notches that would be fab. And no, I don't want those things, ta though, for asking whilst simultaneously telling us how great you are. It must be exhausting being so great and so smug.

prinsld

Any disney vlogger that says something along the lines of ‘oh i keep forgetting to call it hollywood studios i always call it mgm because i’ve been coming since before my conception’ instantly turns me off. it’s so cringe like it’s not a competition who’s been going the longest🙄

• Haha

nahm8

I gave Mr David & Mr Ian a try after your guys' recommendations - they're great!! Can't believe they have so few subscribers when so many other lacklustre channels have more. At least they're not spouting blatant misinformation the way some channels do, which is my biggest pet peeve.

Saratogarose

Chatty Member
Luke and Rich went and stayed in an airport hotel so maybe it's a similar - visit what is usually my happy place kind of thing, esp if she started crying realising she's not going anywhere but feeling like she wants to now that she's there? That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.
When I'm wanting to eat cake I don't stand outside my local patisserie and sniff outside of the door 🤣 For someone so apparently cautious and COVID wary I''m suprised she would want to visit an airport despite how quiet it may be.

• Haha

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
I think the common theme of the vloggers we all enjoy on here is that they're genuinely excited to be at Disney. It feels like so many of the 'popular' vloggers don't really appreciate how lucky they are.
That's very true and probably true for all genres of vloggers. I think when you start taking it for granted and get burned out then it shows and you're best moving on just as you would with a normal job.

After that it's probably comes down to personal taste and who you can relate to. I don't like vlogs with small kids, being honest if I see 'our baby journey' or 'our birth story' on the landing page I'm outta there just not for me at this stage of life, don't like humble braggers, I'm not interested in people who live in Orlando because most of the joy for me is in watching people's travel day and almost feeling their excitement through the screen, I prefer Brits or people from outside the US because they will highlight things that an American would take for granted whether it's a trip to Target or a flavour of candy. Not into professional vloggers like the Trackers because the videos are missing that palpable excitement and the need to churn out content makes the videos a bit samey and 'corporate' almost. There's only so many room tours done by someone who is in Disney 200 days a year that you watch before nodding off!

And a small quibble that I do overlook but it does annoy me is people who go out and eat enormous quantities of beige food and then regularly complain about their health issue.... that is exacerbated by by bad diet.

Saratogarose

Chatty Member
some people deal with things very differently, but I do feel Cheryl suffers with some form of split personality…. she was always very up and down in their YT/IG videos, like would just go on a mental one very randomly….. like there was one time she had a full on melt down on their shared IG about her work but then the next minute was all happy and chirpy but it wasn’t an ordinary rant about work, it was VERY personal imho.

It’s also weird that they (Paul) put “no one else was involved” in the post 🤔
Totally with you on this and come on Paul, give us a wave. We know you flit between Tattle and The New York Stock exchange 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Nannycaff54

Anyone know of any UK vloggers- who stay on site- who are just adults. Watched sophie and dave, jade, brogan, adam hattan, and those 2 funny guys who live in London (sorry forgotten their names)!
Mr David and Mr Ian are the funny guys who live on London, my favourites

bellasmith86

Chatty Member
Mark & Gem! They are so down to earth, and it’s nice to see their pace of 2 “older” adults without children around the parks.

Anniebee

VIP Member
Re Luke and Rich. I think they’re easily bringing in 100k between them, probably more. Luke has a company car as part of his package and his own team.

When he applied for his current job, Luke had to give a presentation as part of the interview process. I think it’s quite a senior position. I’ve no idea what the job is, but I think he’s earning a decent salary.

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
I actually think it's a pregnancy announcement, they said it will being some big changes for them.
It's a partnership with an Orlando villa company. Yawn.

But I think someone may be reading here because there was no "Dank" for the whole 6 minute vlog 🤣

• Haha
L&R dreaming have got us through the last year 🤣

I love that they’ve done Japan/Shanghai/Hawaii and not just WDW. The WDW ones are all a bit same unfortunately but I find them sweet and relaxing which has been perfect for this year! Their WDW with Luke’s mum & grandparents was great!

Just working through their Xmas 2018/19 one atm, then will try mr David and mr Ian!

Geetbo

VIP Member
To be fair to Paul, I think Get Binky started with quizzes etc which worked well for them. I believe they then scheduled a talking heads show after discussions had “some” success at exactly the same time so it did seem a bit suss to me.

There was a retweet or two from Get Binky as well which seemed aimed at the entitlement of Paul so it did seem to come from that direction.

At that point I really liked Get Binky but since then I’ve seen them in a different light.

Not a fan of either show now! Discussions is a ego fest between youtubers and Get Binky seems to be an ego fest about themselves but of course it’s all for charity mate!
I’m trying to decide if I hate Get Binky or the twat Paul the most. It’s like Sophie’s Choice it really is.

• Haha

Clairer86

VIP Member
Okay, so im not very clued up about disney vloggers- apart from Brogan bogtrotter and Adam Hatton!!!

Anyway, ive just read all the posts here and i have watched that Paul and the discussion shite. What the fuck are they all crying for??? jesus christ.

• Haha