Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ZapfaWat

Also does anyone know what the fascination is with putting "DVC" in an Instagram bios? I assume it's a way to highlight to everyone that your are poor at making financial decisions and can't be trusted with a 5 pound note as you will probably spend it all on magic beans.
Most of these idiots see it as some sort of badge of honour, or that they're in an exclusive club of some sort. I own DVC, and I don't think I'm too financially irresponsible, you have to remember for every Insta idiot that has bought DVC there's probably 10 normal people in the UK who have DVC.

It is frustrating to me watching these young social media couples buying DVC, taking loans or borrowing money from friends/family, only to break up later and have this massive financial debt they need to agree on, they perpetuate the bad rep of DVC and cause (rightly so) views like yours.

Reactions: 7

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
As someone from the UK, I do prefer watching UK vloggers, as we normally go for longer and get the dining plan, so prefer watching a longer holiday!
I agree with this and I've tried watching a few American vloggers but I just haven't warmed to any of them. I like The Dis for up to date information about the parks but until you can tell me about a US vlogger who is as funny and entertaining as Mr David and Mr Ian I'll just stick with the Brits!

Donald73

VIP Member
Glad I have found this thread as we are in desperate need of some new vlogs to watch.

We like the O'Dell Sisters, Seeyareelsoon, Happiest Vlogs, Charlotte Ruff, Ellie Steadman and Adam Hattan. I also like the must maligned Disney in Detail but my OH isn't a fan.

Cannot stand Tim Tracker, considering it is his job to know things he is SO ill-informed. I end up shouting at the TV every time we watch him. After being loyal fans for years we have given up on DIS, cannot stand Pete's overbearing attitude and superiority complex. We stick to Disney Food Blog for our news now as AJ is impartial.

We gave Spoonfulofsugar a bash after hearing good things on here and although they seem lovely I thought the sound quality was really poor and the vlogs were too short. I want to see things not just hear a recap of what you have done. The best vlogs make you feel like you are there with them.
Mr David and Mr Ian. They’re the best.

Emmy79

VIP Member
I discovers Get Binky this afternoon after getting lost in vlogs and oh my gosh he is over bearing 😩😩
I clicked on their live video Saturday and it was like watching an over the top DJ!
I tried to watch a WDW vlog series of theirs and I couldn't keep up with it....all the added clips of nonsense just did my head in! The constant use of 'Binks' and 'Bink Bink' was annoying!

I then tried his Disney quiz and the over the top DJ comment is spot on, it was all to much for me but so many people love him!

Saratogarose

Chatty Member
Paul was ridiculously patronising to Cheryl and I found it so sad and uncomfortable to watch that I had to stop and un-subscribe.
I hope that she goes from strength to strength now and that he crawls back under his rock as nobody was there to watch him or listen to his self entitled 'rants with Paul' 💤

Amandaleigh

VIP Member
Knappily Ever After need to stop with the reels on Insta. They really make me cringe with embarrassment 🙁

Mark81

VIP Member
Majority of disney vloggers and annoying arrogant and entitled but the ones I personally enjoy I've put into different categories

Locals
Paging Mr Morrow
Mickey Views
Theme Park Stop
Adults in Disney (excellent Instagram)
Attractions 360 (only do ride POVs but they are the best out there)

(Occasionally Theme Park Obsession and Theme Park Shark but they're getting a bit annoying)

News/history/nostalgia
Disney Food Blog
TPM Vids (him and AJ from dfb have tge best Disney voices)
DSNY newscast (good research but annoying and cheesy presentation. Also hard to rely on as doesn't cover every news item)
Theme Park History
Yesterworld Entertainment
Abiant worlds (for various themed background music)

Trip vloggers

L and R Dreaming
Thisnatasha
Aclaireytale
Hannah Rickets
See you in mainstreet (for DLP)

Tublet83

VIP Member
Sian showing her eldest doing cartwheels whilst flashing her underwear. She’s a nurse a professional, why on earth is she sharing this to the world. You can see the children acting up to have the camera in front of them so sad.

RoseBush23

My goodness! Just watched one vlog of Disney Uk couple! And he talks down to her so much!! Prick!!

teamonster

Chatty Member
Gosh, I'm REALLY not a fan of Knappily Ever After, way too forced, the kids seem ignored in favour of insta photos and vlog footage. For me nothing beats The Despicable Three, they get the balance just right between vlogging and parenting.
The Despicable Three feel really genuine and relatable. I like how the kid is in it if he wants to be, he’s never forced on.

Lovethedramaaa

Looks like Cheryl (TUKDC) is going to start vlogging by her stories!
I really like her but watching her instagram makes me cringe!! People asked for a haul the other day as she had been out shopping on her stories and she said “I’m an instagrammer not a youtuber” like she has 300 followers she’s hardly an instagrammer. And she keeps posting thirsty selfies 😩

• Haha

Keithlovescarrots

Chatty Member
Knappily Ever After have got a puppy, poor thing will be left somewhere whenever they head off "home" to use those beloved DVC points. I rather expect they will choose Disney over the dog but in the meantime puppy = great content. 🙄

Keithlovescarrots

Chatty Member
what does everyone think of KnapillyeverAfter- i used to like them but the mum is kinda annoying now.
They REALLY ignore those kids when they vlog, not a fan at all. Too smug.

has anyone discovered if pauland Cheryl that uk disney couple are together ?
She's certainly not living in the home she shared with Paul anymore, you can tell from her insta stories. Good for her, he was horrible to her on the vlogs. The trip where they fell out with that other couple looked horrendous, all about getting content, lots of being angry about irrelevant stuff, no down time at all. No ta.

Can we talk about the rest of the Saturday Night Discussions lot? What on earth is that show!?! Why is it still happening!?!

• Haha

Suecee

Chatty Member
I've been watching Becky & Lloyd, they are a bit twee but running out of options 🤣 She is gluten free which some may find helpful.

• Haha

Saratogarose

Chatty Member
Agreed. That's why I LOVE a travel day. And tend to watch smaller YouTube channels to get that authentic excitement.
Travel days are just the best. I adore watching people at their absolute happiest and when they are the most excited for what is going to come 💕

ZapfaWat

Just a FYI, today is the day that they find out the price of the UK Disney Cruise, be prepared for lots of "stupid Disney, how much do they want!?".

• Heart

fizzer20

Exactly! They've chosen to live in a tiny one bedroom flat to free up more of their income to spend on trips to Disney and merch. Don't really see what the problem is with this, it's their money that they earned doing their senior level jobs. Makes a refreshing change to scammers like Sophie and Dave who take pride in not working and guilt tripping their gullable followers into paying for them to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a couple of weeks. I know who I'd rather watch.
Absolutely, would love a video on all their Disney merch!
Also, they actually respond to comments on their videos, not with a general, thanks for watching, but full on answers, building a connection with their viewers, compared to you know who, they only respond to people who pay them🙄. I found David and Ian after people on here said they were so much better than TLG, thank god, they've kept me occupied during lockdown watching all their videos