Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to Paris in May and want to do a character breakfast as we’re taking my 3yo and I don’t think she’s going to have the patience to queue to meet anyone otherwise. The dates we’re there have only just become available on the app but already says there’s no tables, have we got no chance or is a table likely to pop up at some point?

At the moment we have a non Disney back up hotel booked but my sister works for the big mouse and is coming with us so hoping she’s going to sort a decent discount and we can stay on site so don’t know if that will help book the breakfast in but she’s not home and can’t sort it until next month!
https://www.dlptables.com/ try putting an alert on there

Reactions: 1
Can anyone advise about staying off site at DLP - I’ve only ever stayed in a Disney hotel but looking to go 2023/24 and fancy something different. What are the areas/hotels/options? TIA

Can anyone advise about staying off site at DLP - I’ve only ever stayed in a Disney hotel but looking to go 2023/24 and fancy something different. What are the areas/hotels/options? TIA
I’ve only ever stayed off site at the partner hotels, they were fab! But I’ve heard good things about staying near val d’europe because you have the shopping centre and only 15 min walk to the park

I’ve only ever stayed off site at the partner hotels, they were fab! But I’ve heard good things about staying near val d’europe because you have the shopping centre and only 15 min walk to the park
ah ok I’m open to staying at partner hotels as well…how close are they to the park/village? I also like the shopping centre idea 😛 what hotels are good?

Reactions: 2
ah ok I’m open to staying at partner hotels as well…how close are they to the park/village? I also like the shopping centre idea 😛 what hotels are good?
I’ve stayed in b&b hotel last year and I think it’s called campanile but it was called kyriad when I stayed there 6 years ago, they have shuttles back and for all the time! I think it would be a fair walk though but the shuttles go quite late

I like to stay at the Residhome. About 30 seconds from the RER station and a very short walk to the shopping centre. It's the best of both worlds for me. Plus there's a mini kitchen in each room so you can have meals in the room to cut costs. And of course there's a huge Auchen in the shopping centre with everything you could ever need.

We’re looking at taking our two little ones to DLP early next year. We’ve been looking at booking through Magic Breaks, where we can get 3 of us (plus an infant) for around £1000 total flights, 2 nights and 3 day tickets. Has anyone booked with them before and would recommend? I can’t find any info on their site about the types of tickets they issue, e.g can you park hop, do they let you in early etc? Thanks

We’re looking at taking our two little ones to DLP early next year. We’ve been looking at booking through Magic Breaks, where we can get 3 of us (plus an infant) for around £1000 total flights, 2 nights and 3 day tickets. Has anyone booked with them before and would recommend? I can’t find any info on their site about the types of tickets they issue, e.g can you park hop, do they let you in early etc? Thanks
I and many people I know have used Magic Breaks with no issues so would recommend. I haven’t been super recently so it may have changed but you could hop and go in early. They were really helpful when I phoned with a few questions so would recommend that, their contact number is open till 10pm too which is handy! Oh and they are on topcashback if you’re booking online 👍🏼

Are the Magic Bands worth it if you’re staying offsite at WDW Florida?

We didn’t think so - didn’t buy them and didn’t need them at all. Other than tickets and photos you won’t need them. And you just use your phone for that

Ahh I figured as much, my husband wanted to get them so I don’t think we’ll bother. Thanks for replying!

I and many people I know have used Magic Breaks with no issues so would recommend. I haven’t been super recently so it may have changed but you could hop and go in early. They were really helpful when I phoned with a few questions so would recommend that, their contact number is open till 10pm too which is handy! Oh and they are on topcashback if you’re booking online 👍🏼
Thank you so much! Great tip about Top Cashback too - wouldn’t have even thought to check!

I thought they were. It was very convenient and picks up ride photos and videos automatically and although I only buy the bottom tier plain ones, I enjoy wearing them as part of my holiday.

Just booked flights to LA later this year, have done WDW multiple times but this is completely new, having to book everything individually in an unknown setting doesn’t put me at ease, I know Orlando like the back of my hand and would happily hop on a plan and wing it but this idk, any tips or advise would be wonderful.

Just booked flights to LA later this year, have done WDW multiple times but this is completely new, having to book everything individually in an unknown setting doesn’t put me at ease, I know Orlando like the back of my hand and would happily hop on a plan and wing it but this idk, any tips or advise would be wonderful.
I went to Disneyland pre genie plus and found the vibe a whole lot more chilled than WDW. The parks are walkable from each other. It depends on the time of the year you’re going in terms of crowds (same as wdw in that sense). If you’ve got limited time have a list of priorities you want to ride/see. If characters are your thing they roam about more freely at DL.
Also not sure on where you’d be staying but the on site hotels are not worth the extra cost. I stayed on South Harbour blvd and space mountain was across the road. Also plenty of cheaper dining options there such as the chains is your budget is tight. I think I made one dining reservation for the trip and that was for a World of Colour dining package.

Reactions: 3
I’ve stayed at the Kings Inn in Anaheim several times. Walking distance to the park

I tend to Uber around the local area, plenty of places to eat along that road and several good places just off the main drag. The little Mexican fast food place on the crossroads by CVS is out of this world (can’t recall what it’s called off the top of my head) We’d often grab a takeout from there as it was almost next door to our motel.

Take an Uber down to The Block at Orange. Lovely outdoor mall, fair few shops there and food as well. Also worth a trip down to Huntington Beach, walk the pier and head for Rubys Diner at the end. There are a few excursion companies there that are worth checking out, one of which will take you all round Hollywood and to Warner Studios which is a working studio tour and for me better than the Universal Tour as it’s much more personal. Another tour does all the beaches which again is worth it to see Laguna and the likes of Venice. look up The Anaheim Tour Company for those.
---
Oooh and depending when you go if you can catch a game at The Angels stadium you’re treated like royalty when they realise you’re British 😂
we ended up getting shown around by the stadium manager and store discounts as well. It was a fabulous, if not baffling evening.

We are going 28th December - 2nd January, plan on a couple nights in Hollywood but not overly bothered just say we have been and seen a few sights.

Im still undecided where to stay yet, keep looking at all the trip advisor reviews for hotels near Disney, will be here for 3 nights, we’re happy doing cheaper offsite hotel.

How did people get to Anaheim? I see so many different ways of getting there and prices ect, always use Uber in Florida but these prices seem crazy out of LAX.

There are a few excursion companies there that are worth checking out, one of which will take you all round Hollywood and to Warner Studios which is a working studio tour and for me better than the Universal Tour as it’s much more personal. Another tour does all the beaches which again is worth it to see Laguna and the likes of Venice. look up The Anaheim Tour Company for those.
We did the Warner Bros Studios and Movie Star Homes Tour with the Anaheim Tour Company back in 2015 and it was brilliant. There were only five of us on the tour (our party of 3 and another couple) and it was really personal. The tour guide was lovely. Highly recommend :D

We are going 28th December - 2nd January, plan on a couple nights in Hollywood but not overly bothered just say we have been and seen a few sights.

Im still undecided where to stay yet, keep looking at all the trip advisor reviews for hotels near Disney, will be here for 3 nights, we’re happy doing cheaper offsite hotel.

How did people get to Anaheim? I see so many different ways of getting there and prices ect, always use Uber in Florida but these prices seem crazy out of LAX.
have you booked flights yet? flying into John Wayne international is closer.
If you are coming in from LAX I’ve used super shuttle which is an app, but you’re relying on one being in the right area. Otherwise I’ve used Uber which last time was $57 there and about the same back.
When you get to LAX there are buses outside the terminal that take you to a main hub for Uber and Lyft. You book when you get to the hub.

Attachments