Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have you booked flights yet? flying into John Wayne international is closer.
If you are coming in from LAX I’ve used super shuttle which is an app, but you’re relying on one being in the right area. Otherwise I’ve used Uber which last time was $57 there and about the same back.
When you get to LAX there are buses outside the terminal that take you to a main hub for Uber and Lyft. You book when you get to the hub.
Oh perfect, yeah flights booked already, looking online they say Uber is about $120 but knowing is a lot less than that puts me at ease.

Just booked a hotel in Hollywood for two night just looking at Disney now, wishing I booked longer now but oh well, flight home isn’t until 2150, so hoping to spend time in Disney until 1500 before making way back to airport.

Reactions: 1
Oh perfect, yeah flights booked already, looking online they say Uber is about $120 but knowing is a lot less than that puts me at ease.

Just booked a hotel in Hollywood for two night just looking at Disney now, wishing I booked longer now but oh well, flight home isn’t until 2150, so hoping to spend time in Disney until 1500 before making way back to airport.
Uber was quoting me something daft, but when I got to the area and run it through again I got that. That was two of us with a case each I add, obviously if you need a bigger car it will be more. Return journey was slightly more expensive at $69 (just checked for you). I guess time is a factor as well, we landed in from vegas around 9pm and went out on a weekday afternoon so no rush hour journeys.

I am told California is a lot smaller than Florida (I've lost count of the times Ive been to Anaheim and never to Florida, though I think thats next years trip). Its worth going into California Park as thats the only Guardians theming of the Tower of Terror there is and its fabulous.
One thing I found when I was there before Christmas, almost all of the merchandise on sale in the park was available cheaper on Shop Disney UK so check before you buy. If you want anything a bit more exclusive head for the Hot Topic down at The Block because that was pretty much the only place I bought anything from in Anaheim. Some stuff I ordered to home from UK Disney whilst I was over there because it worked out so much cheaper.

Uber was quoting me something daft, but when I got to the area and run it through again I got that. That was two of us with a case each I add, obviously if you need a bigger car it will be more. Return journey was slightly more expensive at $69 (just checked for you). I guess time is a factor as well, we landed in from vegas around 9pm and went out on a weekday afternoon so no rush hour journeys.

I am told California is a lot smaller than Florida (I've lost count of the times Ive been to Anaheim and never to Florida, though I think thats next years trip). Its worth going into California Park as thats the only Guardians theming of the Tower of Terror there is and its fabulous.
One thing I found when I was there before Christmas, almost all of the merchandise on sale in the park was available cheaper on Shop Disney UK so check before you buy. If you want anything a bit more exclusive head for the Hot Topic down at The Block because that was pretty much the only place I bought anything from in Anaheim. Some stuff I ordered to home from UK Disney whilst I was over there because it worked out so much cheaper.
Were going to try and focus on all the rides they don’t have at WDW as we only went there back in 2023, think slightly crazy going for NYE but it will be fun.

Not bothered about eating in the parks as we’re get to a supermarket and buy snacks to keep u

I found that with shopdisney when I was there last year 😂 I even returned an item and re bought online for my return 😂

Just booked hotels this evening nothing extravagant but we just need somewhere to get our heads down.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
When you get to LAX there are buses outside the terminal that take you to a main hub for Uber and Lyft. You book when you get to the hub.
yes, you have to get a shuttle that takes you to the Uber / Lyft pickup but it’s easy and clearly marked.
I would recommend having Lyft app on your phone as a backup, because of the demand on Ubers at the airport. And sometimes the prices on one can be more extortionate during a price surge than the on other, so good to compare both. Took me over 30mins of waiting to connect to one last time I was there.

yes, you have to get a shuttle that takes you to the Uber / Lyft pickup but it’s easy and clearly marked.
I would recommend having Lyft app on your phone as a backup, because of the demand on Ubers at the airport. And sometimes the prices on one can be more extortionate during a price surge than the on other, so good to compare both. Took me over 30mins of waiting to connect to one last time I was there.
Confused me completely this time as the shuttle to the pickup area wasn't there when I was last there in 2016 so came out of the gate and it had all changed 😂
I had Lyft and often compared the two but always found them a bit more expensive than Uber, worth keeping in a pinch though.

Also, I remembered the name of the amazing little Mexican place on the crossroads, it was Sabrosada!

• Haha
Hi, fiancé is wanting to join his mates (3 couples late 20s/ early 30s) to a DLP trip in early February for 3 days (wed to Fri). We went to Orlando in November and it was my first time to a Disney park. I found it a huge both mental (anxiety) and physical challenge and queuing even with a DAS was stressful but did enjoy it overall. I am thinking at least with this trip I can wave him off to go on rides with others and wait for them in a shop/café which should mean it's much less stressful for me. It may sound silly but I would still get enjoyment from shows/food/shopping.

For those that have been lucky enough to been to both - I realise Paris is smaller, but is that just cos it's 2 parks? Like how much smaller? Is MK physically smaller in Paris than Florida? What are some of the biggest differences? Also I did French at Uni so am fully prepared for French way of doing things the difference in customer service won't bother me in fact I can't wait to be back in France again.

Hi, fiancé is wanting to join his mates (3 couples late 20s/ early 30s) to a DLP trip in early February for 3 days (wed to Fri). We went to Orlando in November and it was my first time to a Disney park. I found it a huge both mental (anxiety) and physical challenge and queuing even with a DAS was stressful but did enjoy it overall. I am thinking at least with this trip I can wave him off to go on rides with others and wait for them in a shop/café which should mean it's much less stressful for me. It may sound silly but I would still get enjoyment from shows/food/shopping.

For those that have been lucky enough to been to both - I realise Paris is smaller, but is that just cos it's 2 parks? Like how much smaller? Is MK physically smaller in Paris than Florida? What are some of the biggest differences? Also I did French at Uni so am fully prepared for French way of doing things the difference in customer service won't bother me in fact I can't wait to be back in France again.
DLP is loads smaller from memory (I've not been to WDW for nearly 10 years but went to DLP last summer).

The Avengers area had just opened when I went and that was very busy and crowded.

Is there a reputable site other than the official DLP site that does disney hotel/tickets/flights?

Is there a reputable site other than the official DLP site that does disney hotel/tickets/flights?
Magic Breaks was recommend to me by loads of people and I had no issue when I used them. Don’t forget cash back websites or Blue Light discount if you have it!

I’ve done both and did DLP with someone who used their version of DAS last year. Size wise the parks are next door to each other and you can walk between them. I’d say it’s like 15 mins max to walk from one side of Disneyland Park to the other.

Disneyland is a really pretty park version the magic kingdom, however the studios is very dated in parts. The newer bits like Avengers looks amazing though.

IMG_1134.png

Update for 2024, I personally love the idea of the dining plan coming back 🥳

Reactions: 4
Argh, got back from a week in DLP and have the 'Disney Flu'. There's one they don't prepare you for on other threads 😂

Reactions: 3
I thought I had that from DLP last summer and it ended up being Covid 🤣

• Wow
I thought I had that from DLP last summer and it ended up being Covid 🤣
I was convinced myself but several tests later it wasn't. Still not had it 😂

Other half unimpressed as despite not actually coming with me to DLP I gave him the Disney Flu anyway..

Omg! I came back from DLP last week with a steaming cold too! Didn’t realise it was a thing 😅

I have the Disney blues so have booked to take my daughter to Disney on ice in December.

• Heart
Omg! I came back from DLP last week with a steaming cold too! Didn’t realise it was a thing 😅

I have the Disney blues so have booked to take my daughter to Disney on ice in December.
my adult daughter wants us to go to but I’m holding off booking anything in December so far in case a tour is announced for a band i follow.

we’re going in October again as it’s both mine, husband and daughters birthday within a few days so planned to celebrate there.
At some point I also need to book for Florida next year.

Am finally cold free btw, the most lingering one I’ve ever had that and i felt really rough with it. Daughter referred to is as ‘Le Flu” 😂

Reactions: 3