Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from:

A thread for planning Disney holidays, advice and sharing stories.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know if children still have to have a covid test after arriving. I also have another question, did anybody get groceries delivered to your Disney hotel?

Does anyone know if children still have to have a covid test after arriving. I also have another question, did anybody get groceries delivered to your Disney hotel?
Children don’t HAVE to test, by law - but you do agree to testing under 18s on your assetation form , we took a box in our hand luggage, so we could show that we were prepared in case we got asked at immigration: there is no checks that you have done it , nor is there anywhere you need to upload it too either , but it’s always better to be prepared I feel .
In regards to delivery, it’s easy to do, but in my opinion , I’d Uber to a store , get exactly what you want and then bring it back to the resort with you , delivery on everything was sketchy I felt .

Reactions: 2
Children don’t HAVE to test, by law - but you do agree to testing under 18s on your assetation form , we took a box in our hand luggage, so we could show that we were prepared in case we got asked at immigration: there is no checks that you have done it , nor is there anywhere you need to upload it too either , but it’s always better to be prepared I feel .
In regards to delivery, it’s easy to do, but in my opinion , I’d Uber to a store , get exactly what you want and then bring it back to the resort with you , delivery on everything was sketchy I felt .
Thank you, I might go to a store and hopefully that would work out cheaper.
Thank you, that's good to know about the tests, I'll buy the tests and take them with us and hopefully I won't have to make the kids do them.

We went recently and didn’t test the kids, no questions were asked at all.
Thank you

We’ve not long been back and no one mentioned testing or even any awareness that covid ever existed! I wouldn’t even bother buying any - unless you have some already - nothing was asked at all at Immigration.

I believe you have to pay a service charge if you have groceries delivered - 100% Uber it, the Uber was amazing there, so easy and a car never more than 3 mins away 😂😂

We’ve not long been back and no one mentioned testing or even any awareness that covid ever existed! I wouldn’t even bother buying any - unless you have some already - nothing was asked at all at Immigration.

I believe you have to pay a service charge if you have groceries delivered - 100% Uber it, the Uber was amazing there, so easy and a car never more than 3 mins away 😂😂
I'm going to download the uber and lyft apps. I can't get uber where I live, so I've never used it before.

Reactions: 1

Agreed, no one asked us anything about covid , but I do feel like it’s still a massive thing out there , over here ( this is a blanket statement ) most people seem over it & are cracking on , over in the states , we heard many more convos, lots more masks etc . I’m regards to the groceries- it’s a whole day out ! Super target is MUCH nicer then Walmart , but Walmart is cheaper , publix & Trader Joe’s are elite ( M&S level super markets ) you will lose your mind down the crisps aisle , even if you don’t like them & you will spend a small fortune 😂 buy twice as many bottles of water that you think you will drink & if you have tool in your luggage , take some breakfast bars/ snacky bars with you for your room, they were about 16 dollars for a box over there - ouch ! X

Agreed, no one asked us anything about covid , but I do feel like it’s still a massive thing out there , over here ( this is a blanket statement ) most people seem over it & are cracking on , over in the states , we heard many more convos, lots more masks etc . I’m regards to the groceries- it’s a whole day out ! Super target is MUCH nicer then Walmart , but Walmart is cheaper , publix & Trader Joe’s are elite ( M&S level super markets ) you will lose your mind down the crisps aisle , even if you don’t like them & you will spend a small fortune 😂 buy twice as many bottles of water that you think you will drink & if you have tool in your luggage , take some breakfast bars/ snacky bars with you for your room, they were about 16 dollars for a box over there - ouch ! X
Thanks for the tips. I will try and take some snacks with us. I’m really excited about going to target, I think I’m sadly more excited about that than Disney world

Thanks for the tips. I will try and take some snacks with us. I’m really excited about going to target, I think I’m sadly more excited about that than Disney world
Hahah no shame in that ! I loved Publix , I had to be dragged out ! When you book your Uber make sure you chose ‘ super target ‘ you want the FULL experience ! If you have time , one of my fav things to do when we was out there , was an Uber to celebration on a Sunday morning , the CUTEST town and it has a lovely little farmers market , you can sit on rocking chairs over looking the lake and it feels like a movie set ! Winter garden has the same thing on a Saturday , but it is further out , but that’s stunning too ! When are you due to go ? Let’s live vicariously through you 😂😂xx

Hahah no shame in that ! I loved Publix , I had to be dragged out ! When you book your Uber make sure you chose ‘ super target ‘ you want the FULL experience ! If you have time , one of my fav things to do when we was out there , was an Uber to celebration on a Sunday morning , the CUTEST town and it has a lovely little farmers market , you can sit on rocking chairs over looking the lake and it feels like a movie set ! Winter garden has the same thing on a Saturday , but it is further out , but that’s stunning too ! When are you due to go ? Let’s live vicariously through you 😂😂xx
I want to go to celebration and see how the houses have been decorated for Christmas. We're going on the 4th Decmeber, so not long now

I want to go to celebration and see how the houses have been decorated for Christmas. We're going on the 4th Decmeber, so not long now
Oh how cute - so if it’s the same road that they do the Halloween decs on it’s quite far in , I would do an afternoon trip to the town , see the farmers market & maybe have a late lunch , the town centre is so cute & they have some AMAZING houses , take a stroll around , we hired bikes and took a ride around the lake and you can see some stunning properties, plus the scenery is beautiful. Then I’d Uber to the street , have a stroll and back home for a Disney park to round up the day ! I’m so excited for you !xx

Make sure you pack warn clothes! The weather this week has been a lot colder than expected!

Make sure you pack warn clothes! The weather this week has been a lot colder than expected!
warm**** sorry it’s still early in the morning 😂

Last edited:
Oh how cute - so if it’s the same road that they do the Halloween decs on it’s quite far in , I would do an afternoon trip to the town , see the farmers market & maybe have a late lunch , the town centre is so cute & they have some AMAZING houses , take a stroll around , we hired bikes and took a ride around the lake and you can see some stunning properties, plus the scenery is beautiful. Then I’d Uber to the street , have a stroll and back home for a Disney park to round up the day ! I’m so excited for you !xx
Thank you, I will do that, we were looking at visiting Father Christmas at Celebration, so I think we’ll go in the afternoon.

warm**** sorry it’s still early in the morning 😂
Thank you, I’ve mainly got summer clothes, but I’ll pack a few jumpers.

Thank you, I will do that, we were looking at visiting Father Christmas at Celebration, so I think we’ll go in the afternoon.

Thank you, I’ve mainly got summer clothes, but I’ll pack a few jumpers.
I didn’t pack enough trousers/leggings, thankfully I bought stuff so I could do washing. The weather is unusual for this time of year as on previous trips I’ve always been in shorts and T-shirt, so was slightly underprepared 😂. But after today it’s getting back upto 28/29c.

I didn’t pack enough trousers/leggings, thankfully I bought stuff so I could do washing. The weather is unusual for this time of year as on previous trips I’ve always been in shorts and T-shirt, so was slightly underprepared 😂. But after today it’s getting back upto 28/29c.
I went over 10 years ago at the beginning of November and it was too hot. I hope it’s not 28/29 when we arrive, I could just about cope with mid 20’s. Is it very humid?

I went over 10 years ago at the beginning of November and it was too hot. I hope it’s not 28/29 when we arrive, I could just about cope with mid 20’s. Is it very humid?
its very muggy, but has been abit bitter this past week, when I was here 3 years ago it was so hot. It’s been nice to be able to walk around with out the heat though. Set to get hotter again by the end of the week.

I've just come back from Anaheim Disneyland and the best bit of advice I can give you is 'check shop Disney UK before you buy anything on park'.

I saw a Star Wars Christmas Wreath on Park first day, properly fell in love with it. Sent a pic to my daughter saying I need to buy this. Got an instant reply saying don't.... Park Price $50 Shop Disney UK £24.50 I actually ordered it from my hotel room along with a Madam Leota dog bowl that was $35 on Park and reduced to £7.50 at the time on Shop Disney UK 😂

Years ago anything you found on Park would be pretty exclusive but having looked almost anything you buy there can be bought over here for a lot less. This includes supposed exclusive Spirit Jerseys, lounge fly bags etc. I'm assuming the same will be true for Florida parks.

I actually came back with very little this time much to my husbands amazement.

Reactions: 5
Yes! We did this too! It’s a lovely place to chill for a couple of hours! I thoroughly recommend the diner at the end of the Main Street - can’t miss it, overlooks the water and reasonably priced too!

I've just come back from Anaheim Disneyland and the best bit of advice I can give you is 'check shop Disney UK before you buy anything on park'.

I saw a Star Wars Christmas Wreath on Park first day, properly fell in love with it. Sent a pic to my daughter saying I need to buy this. Got an instant reply saying don't.... Park Price $50 Shop Disney UK £24.50 I actually ordered it from my hotel room along with a Madam Leota dog bowl that was $35 on Park and reduced to £7.50 at the time on Shop Disney UK 😂

Years ago anything you found on Park would be pretty exclusive but having looked almost anything you buy there can be bought over here for a lot less. This includes supposed exclusive Spirit Jerseys, lounge fly bags etc. I'm assuming the same will be true for Florida parks.

I actually came back with very little this time much to my husbands amazement.
Agreed I had purchased some ears and a lounge fly bag in the shop Disney sale, and found them all full price in the parks ! Same with all the Halloween stuff , selling it full price in the parks , massive sale back home, the lounge fly I sold when I got back for More then I’d paid for it !

Reactions: 3