Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merida91

Just come back from DLP for the first time and wanted to thank you guys for tips. I personally actually enjoyed it more than WDW largely down to the fact my anxiety is much better than the WDW trip with it being smaller it also felt much less stressful? Also not having the extreme heat and worrying about being burnt also removed another level of stress. As a result I properly felt the magic a lot more! I know people say you can't compare the two but I think in future if we're blessed with kids I'd rather go there if it's a Disney fix we're after...

• Heart
Reactions: 8

MabelMae

I have 3 Disney trips booked!

Orlando by myself end of September!

Everything’s booked, including park tickets and that’s it! My trip last year I was planning all
The time! No idea what’s changed this time round 😂

• Heart

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Just a heads up if you’re driving.

We’re on our way home today and as always stopped at Citie Europe for lunch and a bit of retail therapy. My daughter is on crutches at the moment so went back to the car whilst we went to Carrefour for some bits.

On returning to the car she found a migrant had somehow broken into the vehicle and hidden himself away under our pillows and blankets on the back seats. He terrified her completely. Fortunately he left quickly and didn’t take anything from the vehicle.

Our car was parked right by the entrance in a busy part and was absolutely locked when we left it.

Please be vigilant.

• Wow

DanaScully

Chatty Member
We've got absolutely no self control and just booked to go back in September.

Cannot bloody wait! 🏰🎆😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6

kazizzle

VIP Member
Thanks, I didn't know that, as far as am aware in Orlando you pay for parking even if you are a Disney hotel, it's why we never rented over there, I might be wrong though but I was always under the belief parking fees weren't included with hotels over there

I don't mind renting, just didn't want to be like €30 a day in fees lol
I think WDW dropped the resort parking fees earlier this year. So in Orlando you don't pay to park at your resort OR at the parks if you are a resort guest. Unless you choose to upgrade to preferred parking.

On the Disneyland Paris website it says

Disney Hotel Guests
Parking is free for Disney Hotel Guests with the MagicPass provided by the Hotel.

Not technically dosney related, but has anyone been to the t-rex cafe at disney springs?
I can book restaurant reservations tomorrow, so looking at that. I also wondered if you did a character dining, is breakfast, dinner or tea best and which was your favourite?
Personally I like a character breakfast as I feel it's a bit more relaxed. I always liked the one at 1900 Park Fare because the tater tots are delicious but I don't think it's open just now. Ohana is good too for breakfast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
I've just come back from Anaheim Disneyland and the best bit of advice I can give you is 'check shop Disney UK before you buy anything on park'.

I saw a Star Wars Christmas Wreath on Park first day, properly fell in love with it. Sent a pic to my daughter saying I need to buy this. Got an instant reply saying don't.... Park Price $50 Shop Disney UK £24.50 I actually ordered it from my hotel room along with a Madam Leota dog bowl that was $35 on Park and reduced to £7.50 at the time on Shop Disney UK 😂

Years ago anything you found on Park would be pretty exclusive but having looked almost anything you buy there can be bought over here for a lot less. This includes supposed exclusive Spirit Jerseys, lounge fly bags etc. I'm assuming the same will be true for Florida parks.

I actually came back with very little this time much to my husbands amazement.

Tabitha

VIP Member
For anyone doing Disney at Christmas, H&M have some Disney Christmas sweaters in the Black Friday sale (I know one is PJs but who would know)

02B5254D-485E-4663-B84F-2AB0A5CCBB5D.jpeg

And yes, I’m going to Disneyland Anaheim on Monday and have bought most stuff here (luckily I live near the Disney store). The piglet pink spirit jersey is £65 here. At Disneyland it’s $100 (£83). So even at full price it’s much cheaper here.

Last edited:

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Anyone been to Halloween Horror Night at Universal but stayed at Disney? We're thinking of doing it but would have to Uber/Lyft it (not done that either before!)
I’ve not but we used Uber and Lyft all holiday and literally could not be easier! And cheap! Best decision we made was not hiring a car! It is so well organised and they have designated collection points, would recommend it to anyone!

Reactions: 4
Going to Disneyland Paris for 4 days in April. Staying in Newport Bay hotel and have 2 kids with us - 3 and 5. They’re so so excited.

Never done Disney, app is a bit overwhelming and not the best at advice for planning.

Any tips and tricks or must dos?

MabelMae

Hello! I’m sure I’ve posted on here before but we’re (2 adults 2 kids under 10) off to Orlando FL early October this year for two weeks and have everything pretty much booked and sorted. We plan to do both Disney and Universal and have never been before.

I was wondering if anyone could give me their recommendations of what footwear to take? I know it varies by person but what has worked for you with all the walking? I really struggle to find comfy shoes at the best of times, and really don’t want to ruin the experience by having my feet cut to shreds on the first day.

I have purchased a pair of Hoka sandals and have been wearing them in at home with the intention of wearing them on waterpark days but what sort of trainers would you say are best? TIA x
sketchers!! Also swap your shoes! Don’t Wear the same more than 2 days in a row!

• Heart

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
We just booked a cheeky week trip to Florida for May 2023. It'll be our second time going there. First time was onsite at WDW in 2018, and then our 2020 WDW trip was cancelled and had no plans to rebook.
However this time we're doing a budget trip so we're not going to Disney 😭, we're going to Universal and staying at Endless Summer for the week. It'll be so fun to explore Universal properly and see iDrive etc but I keep thinking while we're there, should we try to do a day in Magic Kingdom just for a little dose of Disney? Is it even possible to get a day ticket? 😂

MabelMae

Booked a solo Walt Disney trip for November 2024!

Went last year but the person I went with was a bore. Can’t wait to re explore 😊

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
I do parks hard, rope drop to close day in day out and have never once had sore feet with my Skechers. Sore legs from walking so far every day, yes, but never sore feet. It does make me laugh when the self proclaimed Disney experts get blisters/sore feet. Or pack blister plasters because "IFYKYK". Well I for one do not know due to my fantastic Skechers. Oh and I can wear the same pair for as many days on the trot as I choose.

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
In florida, are you allowed to visit Disney resorts/use transportation even if you don't have a park ticket for that day?
Absolutely anyone can use them. The boat from Disney Springs to Port Orleans French Quarter is a lovely ride. Plus there’s beignets at FQ!

• Heart