Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else so disappointed by the Tiana ride?
Very. I don't know if it's the edit but I couldn't work out the story, and the music is severely lacking. It's mostly randomly placed movie songs with that new one that just doesn't match the quality of the movie music. There's no tension building up to the drop either.
My Expectations were low, the video does not improve my thoughts!

I'm sure all the vloggers will love it!

Reactions: 1
My Expectations were low, the video does not improve my thoughts!

I'm sure all the vloggers will love it!
Oh I'm so sad. I loved Splash Mountain, this ride feels soulless in comparison zippady doo dah is a wonderful song and I loved the Brer Rabbit stories. There was great build up to the drop.

I hate the whitewashing of history sometimes. I watch Song of the South as a child and I don't remember anything terrible about it. I know Uncle Remus was a slave/former slave but he had a wonderful relationship with the two kids. Slavery happened, it was tit but why try and hide and it?

Reactions: 2
Although I loved splash mountain I do get the reasons why they changing it. But with a movie so vibrant as princess and the frog is it so dull? And the storyline non existent. One thing disney always did well was the story telling on its rides.

You can tell its been rushed together

Reactions: 5
I had Song of the South too, as well as the sing-along-songs video. i always skipped to the cartoon scenes. Does anyone under 25 even know it? Princess and the Frog is a superior film with more park presence.
Love that Tiana got a ride. But no villains? No twist?
Agree it totally fails because of lack of storyline and was rushed.
And yes, im nearly 40, but wanted to see her in her princess dress 🫢

Does anyone know a way of finding out what kind of prices wdw hotels are for Brits when it's just the room rates on offer and nor free dining?

We aren't sure we would use free dining value, and wondering whether to wait to get hotel room only offers when free dining ends.

Does anyone know a way of finding out what kind of prices wdw hotels are for Brits when it's just the room rates on offer and nor free dining?

We aren't sure we would use free dining value, and wondering whether to wait to get hotel room only offers when free dining ends.

open up the book your holiday section and select hotel only

open up the book your holiday section and select hotel only
Thanks, but that still gives similar prices to with the free dining. I was under the impression that there is either deals offering free dining (which is obviously factored in to price) , or when that dining offer isn't running you get offers on room only which can make it better value if you don't think you'll make full use of the dining plan as they price it on people eating most expensive stuff.

Thanks, but that still gives similar prices to with the free dining. I was under the impression that there is either deals offering free dining (which is obviously factored in to price) , or when that dining offer isn't running you get offers on room only which can make it better value if you don't think you'll make full use of the dining plan as they price it on people eating most expensive stuff.
Ah gotcha. Until they do the 'stay x number of days, get x days free' or similar, everything centres around the free dining offer it seems.

Only other thing you could do would be to get a free VPN and check out the US site, or check hotel only prices with BA/Virgin or ther other third party hotel sites.

Yes you could wait for free nights offer, it is usually one night free out of a seven night stay.

You might get a better offer if you book via the US website though as they often have sales on. At the moment there is an up to 30% off sale, I would say it has been running for a couple of months now and it runs up to October, but I would expect there will be another one soon after, just need to keep looking.
---
Can you do WDW ADRs directly in app from the uk now?
No, you cannot book any dining via the app these days you need the website. I was there recently and I am not sure you can do that even when you are in the US, it still kicks you out to the website. You can mobile order and join waitlists for restaurants on the app.
---
Anyone else so disappointed by the Tiana ride?
Yes, although I always knew I would be as I loved Splash Mountain as it was.

Last edited: