Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found some of the best Disney bargains were in Box Lunch and Hot Topic. I bought a few Haunted Mansion bits from both that are harder to find in the UK and were in the sale, also the Target stores near to the parks have a lot of shirts etc.

I'm heading to Paris in January with my daughter and I'll certainly be price checking a lot more this time, though she has an annual pass which will give some discount.

Reactions: 1
Yes! Even standard stuff at full price like the plushies are all cheaper on shop Disney uk right now because of the exchange rate. We only brought back things we couldn’t get outside the parks, so very little 😅

Reactions: 2
For anyone doing Disney at Christmas, H&M have some Disney Christmas sweaters in the Black Friday sale (I know one is PJs but who would know)

02B5254D-485E-4663-B84F-2AB0A5CCBB5D.jpeg

And yes, I’m going to Disneyland Anaheim on Monday and have bought most stuff here (luckily I live near the Disney store). The piglet pink spirit jersey is £65 here. At Disneyland it’s $100 (£83). So even at full price it’s much cheaper here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
For anyone doing Disney at Christmas, H&M have some Disney Christmas sweaters in the Black Friday sale (I know one is PJs but who would know)

View attachment 1761083

And yes, I’m going to Disneyland Anaheim on Monday and have bought most stuff here (luckily I live near the Disney store). The piglet pink spirit jersey is £65 here. At Disneyland it’s $100 (£83). So even at full price it’s much cheaper here.
Top tip. Do the single rider for radiator springs racers. You’ll often get put in the same care (albeit behind the person you’re with) and the line is 15 minutes as opposed to 2 hours.
Same for smugglers run.

• Heart

View attachment 1761083

Omg thank you for this!! I looked at it practically everyday for 2 weeks but it was so overpriced!! Now I’ve put it on my Christmas list 😂😂😂😝

• Heart
We travelled over in September. Our top tips:

1. Make sure you physically see the paperwork before you sign for your hire car and that the balance says $0.
2. Take thermos flasks to the parks with squeezy cordial. Ask for cups of iced water and make your own juice up - 500ml drinks are in the $4-5 region so we saved a fortune.
3. Buy waterproof macs before you go. We got ours for around £6 from Decathlon and they were perfect.
4. Take two pairs of comfy, worn in shoes to swap out in case one pair gets soaked through.
5. Mains are generous in size - we found sharing one and ordering extra sides worked well for us.
6. Loads of shops offer discounts for signing up. If you know you'll visit certain shops, sign up before you go.
7. Likewise, loads of restaurants offer freebies for signing up. I'd recommend doing this before you go and screenshotting any offers you get through.
8. Magicbands aren't required. Lanyards work a treat and we found were cheapest at Walmart, loads of designs available.
9. A pack of microfibre cloths work a treat. Add iced water for cooling off in the heat or use dry ones for drying off if you get caught in a storm, or after a wet ride!
10. Bumbags! I'd have been lost without mine. Fashion doesn't matter over there. 😂

I'm sure I'll be back when I think of more but happy to answer any specific questions anyone has. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We travelled over in September. Our top tips:

1. Make sure you physically see the paperwork before you sign for your hire car and that the balance says $0.
2. Take thermos flasks to the parks with squeezy cordial. Ask for cups of iced water and make your own juice up - 500ml drinks are in the $4-5 region so we saved a fortune.
3. Buy waterproof macs before you go. We got ours for around £6 from Decathlon and they were perfect.
4. Take two pairs of comfy, worn in shoes to swap out in case one pair gets soaked through.
5. Mains are generous in size - we found sharing one and ordering extra sides worked well for us.
6. Loads of shops offer discounts for signing up. If you know you'll visit certain shops, sign up before you go.
7. Likewise, loads of restaurants offer freebies for signing up. I'd recommend doing this before you go and screenshotting any offers you get through.
8. Magicbands aren't required. Lanyards work a treat and we found were cheapest at Walmart, loads of designs available.
9. A pack of microfibre cloths work a treat. Add iced water for cooling off in the heat or use dry ones for drying off if you get caught in a storm, or after a wet ride!
10. Bumbags! I'd have been lost without mine. Fashion doesn't matter over there. 😂

I'm sure I'll be back when I think of more but happy to answer any specific questions anyone has. 😊
Thank you, we go next Sunday so the tips were helpful, I’m going to sign up to a few restaurants and look at Walmart and target discounts, etc.

Do you get Wi-Fi at Disney world and at Disney springs?

Last edited:
Thank you, we go next Sunday so the tips were helpful, I’m going to sign up to a few restaurants and look at Walmart and target discounts, etc.

I got back a couple of week ago , the WiFi in parks and resort was great , im with EE & They did an offer where we could use our contract in the states for a tenner for the whole month , so when we went out the parks , we didn’t need to worry about using the phones data / calls / etc , check out your phone company too xx

View attachment 1761083
I got the Christmas spirit jersey jumper when I was out there , 100 dollars , 70 quid here and was in The shop Disney uk Black Friday deal too , I was like ooofff!!! X

I got back a couple of week ago , the WiFi in parks and resort was great , im with EE & They did an offer where we could use our contract in the states for a tenner for the whole month , so when we went out the parks , we didn’t need to worry about using the phones data / calls / etc , check out your phone company too xx
Thanks, I’m with o2, but the bolt ones confused me, I’ll call into the shop to double check as I’d rather pay a one off payment and not have to worry.

Yes, we found the WiFi at Disney great. I had a Disability Access Pass (DAS) so I was constantly on my phone booking rides.

I forgot to mention in my other post, we also got a Three Go Roam PAYG sim and topped it up around £12 before we went which gave us (I think) 16GB data which works in the US. For directions, finding places to eat, shopping etc we couldn't have done without it.
Loads of restaurants we visited didn't have customer WiFi so we depended on the mobile data hugely.

Yes, we found the WiFi at Disney great. I had a Disability Access Pass (DAS) so I was constantly on my phone booking rides.

I forgot to mention in my other post, we also got a Three Go Roam PAYG sim and topped it up around £12 before we went which gave us (I think) 16GB data which works in the US. For directions, finding places to eat, shopping etc we couldn't have done without it.
Loads of restaurants we visited didn't have customer WiFi so we depended on the mobile data hugely.
Thank you. I might get the payg sim as at least I don't have to worry about going over a limit. I didn't think of payg

Thank you. I might get the payg sim as at least I don't have to worry about going over a limit. I didn't think of payg
I can’t remember if I said - but I used Apple Pay every where , but you need an actual card to pay in Walmart, that was the only place we got caught out & had to use the dusty old credit card in my husbands wallet …we didn’t even know if it would work , it’s never used ! So maybe keep a card on you for heading out of parks …just in case xx

I can’t remember if I said - but I used Apple Pay every where , but you need an actual card to pay in Walmart, that was the only place we got caught out & had to use the dusty old credit card in my husbands wallet …we didn’t even know if it would work , it’s never used ! So maybe keep a card on you for heading out of parks …just in case xx
Thank you, I never have my card on me, I forgot how behind America is in terms of paying for things.

Every where else was fine with Apple Pay - just Walmart, I was gobsmacked ! Xx
haha yes! I managed to go out without checking my “travel card” worked….. everywhere apart from Walmart took Apple Pay.

Luckily I did have another card which didn’t incur any fees 😂.

Does anyone have any idea when 2024 dining offers will potentially be on….. 👀 from memory it’s around spring? Or am I wrong.

View attachment 1761083

Hi long time lerker I love H&M disney rang so much and it is so much more affordable

I'm flying out tomorrow,what would you say the best rides are at Magic Kingdom?