Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds fab! We’re in south wales so would be a fair drive for us but I’d like it, and Davy Crockett looks so cool! I think it would be about 8/9 hours for us, but by the time we would drive to the airport, get the plane then transfers that would already be about 6 hours🤔
Ahh that complicates it. Straight down the M1 for me really. You would be better flying absolutely.
I did fly years ago and was amazed at the cost of a taxi from CDG to the park, I thought it was a lot closer than that!

Davy Crockett was not what I was expecting, the are essentially woodland static caravans that look like little cabins. It was really nice. When I saw them I instantly thought 'oh my god this is going to be freezing' but they were really warm with good heating. Didn't try the buffet there unfortunately, but did get to the one at the Marvel Hotel and that was stunning! I never photograph food but the desserts were amazing!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ahh that complicates it. Straight down the M1 for me really. You would be better flying absolutely.
I did fly years ago and was amazed at the cost of a taxi from CDG to the park, I thought it was a lot closer than that!

Davy Crockett was not what I was expecting, the are essentially woodland static caravans that look like little cabins. It was really nice. When I saw them I instantly thought 'oh my god this is going to be freezing' but they were really warm with good heating. Didn't try the buffet there unfortunately, but did get to the one at the Marvel Hotel and that was stunning! I never photograph food but the desserts were amazing!
Oh we couldn’t get in to the buffet at marvel last March is was all booked up! With the annual pass privilege tickets, do you get EMH with those? And did you have to get them on the gate or can you prebook them? Thanks sorry for all the questions🙈

Reactions: 1
Oh we couldn’t get in to the buffet at marvel last March is was all booked up! With the annual pass privilege tickets, do you get EMH with those? And did you have to get them on the gate or can you prebook them? Thanks sorry for all the questions🙈
We couldn't book the buffet either, so on arrival spoke to reception at the lodge and they got us in, so if you're staying on Disney property have a quiet word. We were booked in to Remys Bistro, but the reviews had been so bad on the run up to us going I cancelled it.

I think you might get EMH with privilege, but I can't be certain as you get them staying on site we had them anyway so used the card they gave us.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We couldn't book the buffet either, so on arrival spoke to reception at the lodge and they got us in, so if you're staying on Disney property have a quiet word. We were booked in to Remys Bistro, but the reviews had been so bad on the run up to us going I cancelled it.

I think you might get EMH with privilege, but I can't be certain as you get them staying on site we had them anyway so used the card they gave us.
Thanks I’ll have a Google on that one see what I can find!

Thanks I’ll have a Google on that one see what I can find!
I've asked the child. She says you do get them with privilege tickets. There is a booking limit which is possibly 4, because she did 2 days for DH and I and my son in law did the other two.

• Heart
In florida, are you allowed to visit Disney resorts/use transportation even if you don't have a park ticket for that day?

In florida, are you allowed to visit Disney resorts/use transportation even if you don't have a park ticket for that day?
Absolutely anyone can use them. The boat from Disney Springs to Port Orleans French Quarter is a lovely ride. Plus there’s beignets at FQ!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh that's good! We're doing a Universal trip and I want to try to do the after hours at magic kingdom one night for a bit of Disney magic. But i was thinking it would be nice to visit some resorts on a disney springs day!

Oh that's good! We're doing a Universal trip and I want to try to do the after hours at magic kingdom one night for a bit of Disney magic. But i was thinking it would be nice to visit some resorts on a disney springs day!
Sounds like a good plan. We did the After Hours party recently and really enjoyed it. Spoilt MK forever more with how quiet it was though!

Sounds like a good plan. We did the After Hours party recently and really enjoyed it. Spoilt MK forever more with how quiet it was though!
That sounds ideal 😍. If we're going to spend £100+ each for a 1 day ticket to MK, we might as well go for less time but have a quieter park so we can hopefully enjoy the rides! Are all of the rides open during these events?

That sounds ideal 😍. If we're going to spend £100+ each for a 1 day ticket to MK, we might as well go for less time but have a quieter park so we can hopefully enjoy the rides! Are all of the rides open during these events?
Definitely. Plus the included ice cream, popcorn and drinks is nice. The majority of rides were open.
Here’s my list of the ones we did -
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Space Mountain x 2
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • TTA
  • Dumbo
  • Little Mermaid
  • Winnie The Pooh
  • Peter Pan
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Carrousel
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Big Thunder Mountain x 2
The Barnstormer, Small world and the teacups were definitely open too.

• Heart
Definitely. Plus the included ice cream, popcorn and drinks is nice. The majority of rides were open.
Here’s my list of the ones we did -
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Space Mountain x 2
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • TTA
  • Dumbo
  • Little Mermaid
  • Winnie The Pooh
  • Peter Pan
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Carrousel
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Big Thunder Mountain x 2
The Barnstormer, Small world and the teacups were definitely open too.
That's awesome! Sounds well worth the money. As soon as they list tickets for May, I'll be purchasing 😊

I'm not very familiar with uber/lyft. Do you think I'll manage to easily get one back to my Universal resort when an after hours event finished? I don't want to be stranded 😅

I'm not very familiar with uber/lyft. Do you think I'll manage to easily get one back to my Universal resort when an after hours event finished? I don't want to be stranded 😅
100%! We used both all holiday - didn’t hire a car - it was the best thing we did! So so easy and there are designated pick up points the cars go to, couldn’t be better organised.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any ideas how to renew annual passes without being on park?

Going back start of May with DD, her passes run out end of April. Obviously can't reserve park days and weren't planning on staying on site so no reservations with the accommodation. Need to renew 2 annual passes and book 1 privilege ticket for 5 days, at which point I'll buy my own annual pass as well.
I know at one point you could call but she's struggled to get through.

Does anyone have any ideas how to renew annual passes without being on park?

Going back start of May with DD, her passes run out end of April. Obviously can't reserve park days and weren't planning on staying on site so no reservations with the accommodation. Need to renew 2 annual passes and book 1 privilege ticket for 5 days, at which point I'll buy my own annual pass as well.
I know at one point you could call but she's struggled to get through.
Annual passes for which Disney?

Going to Paris in May and want to do a character breakfast as we’re taking my 3yo and I don’t think she’s going to have the patience to queue to meet anyone otherwise. The dates we’re there have only just become available on the app but already says there’s no tables, have we got no chance or is a table likely to pop up at some point?

At the moment we have a non Disney back up hotel booked but my sister works for the big mouse and is coming with us so hoping she’s going to sort a decent discount and we can stay on site so don’t know if that will help book the breakfast in but she’s not home and can’t sort it until next month!