Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend anywhere for a takeaway we've had two uber eats so far, Marcos pizza, it was OK and Wendy's today, but that was a disaster.

Booked a solo Walt Disney trip for November 2024!

Went last year but the person I went with was a bore. Can’t wait to re explore 😊

Reactions: 4
Posted this on the holidays thread but thought I’d ask here aswell!
Has anyone got any suggestions about how to do Disneyland and see some of Paris in one visit?
For example would it be worth getting a hotel in Paris and travelling back and forth to Disney? Or just do a couple nights in a Disney hotel and then go to a hotel in Paris?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question I’ve never been to Paris before so really have no idea what’s best

Reactions: 1
The metro is pretty good. You can hop on it in the DLP area (I’ve stayed in Torcy in the past) and get straight into Paris. We bought day tickets one day and spend hours just popping up through the city. It was wonderful.
from memory it was about 30 minutes Torcy - Paris Central

Went last year but the person I went with was a bore. Can’t wait to re explore 😊
Solo trips are the best! Go at your own pace, do what you want when you want, get to use single rider queues, and as you say not having to put up with rubbish company. What is not to like. Hope you have the best time.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

What a shame they were a bore! What did they do?
I'd love to do a solo trip 😍

What a shame they were a bore! What did they do?
I'd love to do a solo trip 😍

Nothing… 😂 I planned the whole trip and they just seemed so ungrateful and complained about Americans the hole time!

And you should go for it!!

We just booked a cheeky week trip to Florida for May 2023. It'll be our second time going there. First time was onsite at WDW in 2018, and then our 2020 WDW trip was cancelled and had no plans to rebook.
However this time we're doing a budget trip so we're not going to Disney 😭, we're going to Universal and staying at Endless Summer for the week. It'll be so fun to explore Universal properly and see iDrive etc but I keep thinking while we're there, should we try to do a day in Magic Kingdom just for a little dose of Disney? Is it even possible to get a day ticket? 😂

Reactions: 4
We just booked a cheeky week trip to Florida for May 2023. It'll be our second time going there. First time was onsite at WDW in 2018, and then our 2020 WDW trip was cancelled and had no plans to rebook.
However this time we're doing a budget trip so we're not going to Disney 😭, we're going to Universal and staying at Endless Summer for the week. It'll be so fun to explore Universal properly and see iDrive etc but I keep thinking while we're there, should we try to do a day in Magic Kingdom just for a little dose of Disney? Is it even possible to get a day ticket? 😂
I think you can but it’s so expensive for one day! If you’ve got the funds go for it! We’re thinking of doing the same but the other way around; stay at Disney and get a taxi to Universal as really want to do Velocicoaster and Hagrids as last time we were at Uni was 2018. We’re thinking Sept time if we can which is when we usually go and if we’ve got time, to do Halloween Horror night too 🤞. Disney is becoming really expensive now it’s probs not a yearly thing we can do ☹

Does anyone know if you book a stay at Universal Studios resorts through a secondary booking site like Expedia if you can still take advantage of things like early access to the parks?

Does anyone know if you book a stay at Universal Studios resorts through a secondary booking site like Expedia if you can still take advantage of things like early access to the parks?
Yes you can, they check your room key for early entry and you get the same type of key no matter who you book with.

Yes absolutely...I've only booked Universal through Hotels.com using Clubcard points.

Make sure you get a key for every member of your party though! One time I went, the receptionist only issued us with 2 'keys' (we booked and travelled as a family of 4). We didnt think anything of it. But needless to say, we didn't get our early entry and we had to make a trek back to the hotel to rectify.
---

I did a 'semi' solo trip, last year. My husband and kids wanted to spend the last few days in Universal, whilst I wanted Disney - and I had an AMAZING time! No one to bloody whinge at you!

Last edited:
Yes absolutely...I've only booked Universal through Hotels.com using Clubcard points.

Make sure you get a key for every member of your party though! One time I went, the receptionist only issued us with 2 'keys' (we booked and travelled as a family of 4). We didnt think anything of it. But needless to say, we didn't get our early entry and we had to make a trek back to the hotel to rectify.
Yes you can, they check your room key for early entry and you get the same type of key no matter who you book with.
Fab thank you both :) Going as part of a big group for a sporting event and have villas. Only have one "free" day and a small group of us have decided to go to Universal so thinking of getting a one day, two park ticket from Undercover Tourist and maybe staying the night before in a hotel to take advantage of the early entry. Just don't want to get there and be told no 😂

Oh I’m so jealous, I’ve been looking to book a solo trip to Disneyland Paris because I want to get an annual pass, but hubby said no he’s worried about me! So I said fine you’ll have to come aswell 🤣

• Heart
Oh I’m so jealous, I’ve been looking to book a solo trip to Disneyland Paris because I want to get an annual pass, but hubby said no he’s worried about me! So I said fine you’ll have to come aswell 🤣
I was in DLP 2 weeks ago, daughter and son in law have annual passes so her privilege tickets were €42 a day. Her partner loves the drive so it cost other half and I very little to tag along, and they'd booked a Davy Crockett lodge so there was a spare room.
She's going back in May for 5 days and has asked if I want to tag along. Other half wont have the holidays spare so looks like he's staying at home dog sitting 😂

I was probably pushing it seeing if he wanted to do another trip, given I'd got him in California just before Christmas as well

• Heart
I was in DLP 2 weeks ago, daughter and son in law have annual passes so her privilege tickets were €42 a day. Her partner loves the drive so it cost other half and I very little to tag along, and they'd booked a Davy Crockett lodge so there was a spare room.
She's going back in May for 5 days and has asked if I want to tag along. Other half wont have the holidays spare so looks like he's staying at home dog sitting 😂

I was probably pushing it seeing if he wanted to do another trip, given I'd got him in California just before Christmas as well
Yeah I think the annual pass is so worth it! My friend and I are planning to go next Feb, and I’d defo get another trip or 2 squeezed in so it would be so worth it

That’s our problem hubby only had so many holiday days a year and I’m self employed so can go whenever 😆

• Heart
Yeah I think the annual pass is so worth it! My friend and I are planning to go next Feb, and I’d defo get another trip or 2 squeezed in so it would be so worth it

That’s our problem hubby only had so many holiday days a year and I’m self employed so can go whenever 😆
We roughly worked it out the other week. Car parking is something like €20 a day, and the car park for annual pass holders is a private one, accessed via a coded barrier, right by the park.
Then you have 20% discount on all food both on park and in Disney property, it was even applied in the Rainforest Cafe, plus discount on merchandise too. If you're planning more than a week in total visits it's going to be absolutely worth it, especially if you're bringing a car.
Weirdly, you can't use the discount in Avengers Campus at the moment, so any merchandise from there will be full price.

Daughter is trying to persuade me to become a pass holder as well and keep going with them, but don't think I could persuade the other half quite that far 😂

Reactions: 2
We roughly worked it out the other week. Car parking is something like €20 a day, and the car park for annual pass holders is a private one, accessed via a coded barrier, right by the park.
Then you have 20% discount on all food both on park and in Disney property, it was even applied in the Rainforest Cafe, plus discount on merchandise too. If you're planning more than a week in total visits it's going to be absolutely worth it, especially if you're bringing a car.
Weirdly, you can't use the discount in Avengers Campus at the moment, so any merchandise from there will be full price.

Daughter is trying to persuade me to become a pass holder as well and keep going with them, but don't think I could persuade the other half quite that far 😂
I’ve been looking at the magic plus and I can pay monthly for €28!! A bargain I think 😆 I usually fly because it’s so quick but would really love to drive one day I think it would be fun😆

• Heart
I’ve been looking at the magic plus and I can pay monthly for €28!! A bargain I think 😆 I usually fly because it’s so quick but would really love to drive one day I think it would be fun😆
At €28 it would be rude not to!

It's not a bad drive at all to be honest. I'm north midlands based, we left here around 7am UK time and arrived at Davy Crockett around 5pm French time, this was after rest stops as well. The shuttle slightly amazed me as it seemed like we'd only just driven on and we were in France, its about 25 minutes. From there you're straight on a motorway with one toll to the park. It took about 3 1/2 hours from Shuttle to Davy Crockett, big wide motorway, extremely quiet. It's a drive I'd have been happy to do myself. Whether it's busier towards the summer I'll report back after May hah There isn't much to see from the Motorway though, it's very flat and uninteresting. The only weird moment was filling the car up on the way back as the petrol station we stopped in you had to pay first and predict what you needed. Very odd.

Driving back we headed to a huge mall in Calais and spent the afternoon there, left Davy Crockett at 11am and were back here by 11pm UK time. Had we just got on the shuttle it would have been quicker but retail therapy was more important 😂

At €28 it would be rude not to!

It's not a bad drive at all to be honest. I'm north midlands based, we left here around 7am UK time and arrived at Davy Crockett around 5pm French time, this was after rest stops as well. The shuttle slightly amazed me as it seemed like we'd only just driven on and we were in France, its about 25 minutes. From there you're straight on a motorway with one toll to the park. It took about 3 1/2 hours from Shuttle to Davy Crockett, big wide motorway, extremely quiet. It's a drive I'd have been happy to do myself. Whether it's busier towards the summer I'll report back after May hah There isn't much to see from the Motorway though, it's very flat and uninteresting. The only weird moment was filling the car up on the way back as the petrol station we stopped in you had to pay first and predict what you needed. Very odd.

Driving back we headed to a huge mall in Calais and spent the afternoon there, left Davy Crockett at 11am and were back here by 11pm UK time. Had we just got on the shuttle it would have been quicker but retail therapy was more important 😂
Sounds fab! We’re in south wales so would be a fair drive for us but I’d like it, and Davy Crockett looks so cool! I think it would be about 8/9 hours for us, but by the time we would drive to the airport, get the plane then transfers that would already be about 6 hours🤔