Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a job interview at Ted Baker a few years ago. Their offices are some of the nicest ive been to in london (although not as nice as Boden!). This was (is?) the random entrance.

IMG_9679.jpeg

but they have been struggling for ages and had a rounds of layoffs recently so as sad as it is, not suprised.

Reactions: 5
It looks like FarFetch is about to go as well and Net A Porter :( HOW has this happened? Just third party costs I guess; And prices have gone up so much for consumers

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m a black bag gal; super sensible and interchangeable, so WHY does the orange Loewe have me in a choke hold all of a sudden 😩

IMG_1102.jpeg

Reactions: 6
It looks like FarFetch is about to go as well and Net A Porter :( HOW has this happened? Just third party costs I guess; And prices have gone up so much for consumers
Where did you hear this? I cant find anything

Reactions: 1
Where did you hear this? I cant find anything
Oh just in general. FarFetch was nearly bankrupt and rescued by a Korean company but has now laid off 300 staff. Net a Porter is trying to find a buyer. Just my opinion neither will last 2 years

You can see with matches going the landscape has really changed!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh just in general. FarFetch was nearly bankrupt and rescued by a Korean company but has now laid off 300 staff. Net a Porter is trying to find a buyer. Just my opinion neither will last 2 years

You can see with matches going the landscape has really changed!
I love these sorts of convos. I think Farfetch will survive purely as it’s been bought by a South Korean company and that market is huge and more affluent with a growing middle class unlike our depleting one.

The British economy is BAD rn, like I’m stunned it’s not top line news daily how bad things are, and even before this the UK is a comparatively low wage economy. Obviously the genuinely wealthy won’t be impacted in the same way but high cost of credit & inflation is crushing low-mid income earners who won’t shop as much if at all. Combine that with the companies having to service debt at higher rates & higher COGs it just makes things hard. Also more luxury brands have decent d2c options & a more established resale market which just wasn’t the case a decade ago when these guys started.

With price rises I understand from a branding PoV but some brands are just doing it as a quick cash grab and I’ve heard are suffering for their greed. How are you doing with work btw @soph30? I’m officially out of the industry and mentally thriving lol 💃🏻

I love these sorts of convos. I think Farfetch will survive purely as it’s been bought by a South Korean company and that market is huge and more affluent with a growing middle class unlike our depleting one.

The British economy is BAD rn, like I’m stunned it’s not top line news daily how bad things are, and even before this the UK is a comparatively low wage economy. Obviously the genuinely wealthy won’t be impacted in the same way but high cost of credit & inflation is crushing low-mid income earners who won’t shop as much if at all. Combine that with the companies having to service debt at higher rates & higher COGs it just makes things hard. Also more luxury brands have decent d2c options & a more established resale market which just wasn’t the case a decade ago when these guys started.

With price rises I understand from a branding PoV but some brands are just doing it as a quick cash grab and I’ve heard are suffering for their greed. How are you doing with work btw @soph30? I’m officially out of the industry and mentally thriving lol 💃🏻
Yeah I’ve seen the writing on the wall with these fashion multi brand companies and got out! :) I’m still in ecom but different industry. Better pay I feel

Yes I think these brands are suffering as nobody has any money 💰 🤭

• Haha

I know somebody who works at farfetch, and she says it's been horrible since the buyout. Everyone is looking for new jobs and the benefits they used to have are effectively gone. I also work in luxury and APAC region is struggling across our sector so I doubt being bought out by a south Korean company equates to success. I think farfetch will go down quicker than NAP, particularly since luxury brands don't like farfetch business model as it means brands like mine can't control our distribution

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know somebody who works at farfetch, and she says it's been horrible since the buyout. Everyone is looking for new jobs and the benefits they used to have are effectively gone. I also work in luxury and APAC region is struggling across our sector so I doubt being bought out by a south Korean company equates to success. I think farfetch will go down quicker than NAP, particularly since luxury brands don't like farfetch business model as it means brands like mine can't control our distribution
Love this intel thank you, I’ve always just worked on Europe and I think there’s a definitely a tendency to see APAC as a utopia.

There’s a lot of talented individuals looking for work rn between fashion & tech 😔

so many different placements at barbour on our portal at uni - seems like a company wide policy to nurture new talent which is promising!

• Heart
For the lux brand i work for, the struggle is due to increasing costs. Everything has gone up from materials to logistics. We actually hit record sales for EMEA, but profit did not increase due to what i mentioned.
APAC sales decreased, so EMEA is outperforming, but that may be specific to my brand.

If you use a credit card to pay you’ll be protected under section 75, you’ll just have to endure the chargeback process. Which for 20% off imo isn’t worth it lol
Bollocks. Ordered some jeans and they are too big.
Just seen this on their website. Though, when I clicked on this returns info under the item I was buying, it didn’t say anything like the below. Just the usual 14 days. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
IMG_9369.png

---
Just seen this on their website. Though, when I clicked on this returns info under the item I was buying, it didn’t say anything like the below. Just the usual 14 days. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
IMG_9369.png
Quoting myself- I should have thoroughly read the t&c’s

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
View attachment 2830450
---

Quoting myself- I should have thoroughly read the t&c’s
I would try going through the chargeback process regardless, especially if you’ve not done it before your bank/CC company may just do it as a one off favour to you. Don’t blame yourself, reading a legal doc isn’t something you tend to need to do when buying jeans is it!

But yes incredibly cheeky to only give a 20% discount on non refundable stock!

Love the Coach tabby quilted bag. Don’t love the price tag but you can get it quite discounted on a lot of websites
It's stunning! I'm going for the 26 black quilted with gold hardware. The 20 is a tad too small for me. But the quality of them is great. Found 20% off so bring it to about £450.

It's stunning! I'm going for the 26 black quilted with gold hardware. The 20 is a tad too small for me. But the quality of them is great. Found 20% off so bring it to about £450.
I saw a denim material blue one in Selfridges and it was lovely. And I’ve never liked a denim bag ever!!! Although I’m now in baby saving mode 😑 I guess it could fit one nappy!!

Sorry if people want more enabling/shopping and less fashion/retail business stuff (maybe we could start a retail trends/fashion business thread)? but is interesting how Gucci’s sales have really dropped

Attachments

• Heart
So youre telling me that most of the Gucci marmont and soho bags i see on the daily are fakes? I knew it lol.

• Haha
Sorry if people want more enabling/shopping and less fashion/retail business stuff (maybe we could start a retail trends/fashion business thread)? but is interesting how Gucci’s sales have really dropped
Honestly think Reddit, newsletters/substacks, and Insta are best for this as they’ve got the right audience(s) at a scale you just won’t get here. I know Glassdoor are trying to make bowls happen but apparently there’s something nefarious going on there so I won’t be engaging with that 😬

• Haha