Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tory Burch is good quality. You could possibly consider Kate Spade or Coach too, they usually have better reductions at outlet than Tory Burch.
I have 2 KS bags already. Today got a coach bag for an everyday bag for work (nothing fancy). Thank you. The TB purses were really nice but I left it for today because still not sure if worth the money.

Reactions: 1
How does everyone store their pieces? Do you have them on display so you can see them all the time, or do you need them in their dust bags/boxes in a cupboard. I decided that I wanted to have mine on display so I bought this off FB marketplace with the intention of upcycling. I’m just rebuilding the collection. I went through a stage a few years ago where I sold loads of stuff but definitely got the bug back 💗
That looks really pretty! I wouldn’t mind a cabinet with glass doors. What is the bag in your top left hand corner? Is that the LV Papillon?

My husband very kindly let me use the spare bedroom as my ‘handbag room’. Various pieces on all the bits of furniture, and some inside a cabinet. Last year got gifted a lovely tea trolley from our elderly relative, so I’ve used that to display some pieces.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My bedroom came with a built in cupboard thing. Mine are all stored in their boxes/bags in there

That looks really pretty! I wouldn’t mind a cabinet with glass doors. What is the bag in your top left hand corner? Is that the LV Papillon?

My husband very kindly let me use the spare bedroom as my ‘handbag room’. Various pieces on all the bits of furniture, and some inside a cabinet. Last year got gifted a lovely tea trolley from our elderly relative, so I’ve used that to display some pieces.
Yes it is! It’s the 19. I got it in (about) 2004 when my gran gave me some money. She won about £2.5k on the lottery. I bought it in Selfridges in Manchester and thought I was the bees knees. I was 20ish at the time and felt so snazzy. It was only about £250 from memory. It’s the one thing (aside from my dog) that I would snatch if the house was on fire 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I recently ordered a Demellier Vancouver bag, I may have been influenced after seeing it all over social media! I know they have gifted their bags to practically every one, which did put me off a bit but finally decided to give it a go because I’ve been wanting something a bit more low key for every day use. I received it and I have to say I’m very underwhelmed. It might just be the colourway I chose but it looked quite cheap and plasticky. It’s a smooth leather, so maybe the grained looks better. Has anyone got one of their bags?
I have a Polene bag also and considering the similar price point, I’d definitely go for a Polene in future.

I recently ordered a Demellier Vancouver bag, I may have been influenced after seeing it all over social media! I know they have gifted their bags to practically every one, which did put me off a bit but finally decided to give it a go because I’ve been wanting something a bit more low key for every day use. I received it and I have to say I’m very underwhelmed. It might just be the colourway I chose but it looked quite cheap and plasticky. It’s a smooth leather, so maybe the grained looks better. Has anyone got one of their bags?
I have a Polene bag also and considering the similar price point, I’d definitely go for a Polene in future.
I think this is the biggest issue with buying online and not seeing items irl.
I do agree however that sometimes smooth leather can look cheap compared to grain.

Yes it is! It’s the 19. I got it in (about) 2004 when my gran gave me some money. She won about £2.5k on the lottery. I bought it in Selfridges in Manchester and thought I was the bees knees. I was 20ish at the time and felt so snazzy. It was only about £250 from memory. It’s the one thing (aside from my dog) that I would snatch if the house was on fire 💖
I’m so envious! I have the papillon 26 (I bought it about a year and a half ago and was the first used bag I’ve ever bought). I love it but the 19 is particularly adorable. The 19 is actually very rare on the resale market, it somewhat of unicorn bag, so you chose very well!

Here’s my 26 and some other bits on my tea cart. I used it a couple of days ago and attached a crossbody strap from one of the other bags.

IMG_2090.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m so envious! I have the papillon 26 (I bought it about a year and a half ago and was the first used bag I’ve ever bought). I love it but the 19 is particularly adorable. The 19 is actually very rare on the resale market, it somewhat of unicorn bag, so you chose very well!

Here’s my 26 and some other bits on my tea cart. I used it a couple of days ago and attached a crossbody strap from one of the other bags.

View attachment 2905274
Ha I’d like to think I had good taste back then but in reality it was probably all I could afford with the money my gran gave me. It’s surprisingly roomy though, it fits in my big iPhone, card wallet and lippy and keys quite easily.

I LOVE the tea trolly set up. It looks fantastic 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any of the bigger aspinal totes? Are they heavy?
I do and they are quite heavy when they've got things in BUT I use mine for my laptop etc. Without the laptop however, it's fairly lightweight - but they do have a bit of weight due to materials used and quality of them.

I do and they are quite heavy when they've got things in BUT I use mine for my laptop etc. Without the laptop however, it's fairly lightweight - but they do have a bit of weight due to materials used and quality of them.
Thank you, yeah I'd use it for work so expect it would be heavy with laptop in etc, just don't want to be crazy heavy on it's own

Does anyone have any of the bigger aspinal totes? Are they heavy?
Yes I have a large aspinal tote, I also have the slimmed down one too. I like the large one, but it can get quite heavy with my laptop, lunch, etc in. I think its the regent tote

Thank you, yeah I'd use it for work so expect it would be heavy with laptop in etc, just don't want to be crazy heavy on it's own
Yeah without a laptop I wouldn't deem it particularly heavy - but certainly not flimsy

He just wants to grow his market share, that’s his business’ game which is why he’s constantly beefing with the CMA (competitions market authority). He has never retained the DNA of any of his acquisitions - they all end up just schilling Canada Goose and Louboutin in the end. Matches will cease to exist as we know it for sure. Best case we’ll get a stock clearance sale for existing stock to clear the way for total gack gremlin clobber x
Hey all, a little bit of insider info.

Mike Ashley purchased MATCHES in January, pulled the plug and put them into administration in March and has now repurchased the brand name and website ect just last Friday (this isn't even revealed to the public yet).

He doesn't want the stock or staff. Got rid of 500+ staff in the process. Only 100ish employees left at Matches under the administrators. After all stock is sold and gone, all staff will be made redundant and Mike Ashley gets MATCHES to himself, the greedy piece of tit. MATCHES will not be the same without its lovely employees and how they shaped the retailer, it's what made the company amazing! such a pity.

No information regarding final sales or anything.. but if there's anything I know, I'll let you guys know! ☺

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Mike Ashley purchased MATCHES in January, pulled the plug and put them into administration in March and has now repurchased the brand name and website ect just last Friday (this isn't even revealed to the public yet).

He doesn't want the stock or staff. Got rid of 500+ staff in the process. Only 100ish employees left at Matches under the administrators. After all stock is sold and gone, all staff will be made redundant and Mike Ashley gets MATCHES to himself, the greedy piece of tit. MATCHES will not be the same without its lovely employees and how they shaped the retailer, it's what made the company amazing! such a pity.

No information regarding final sales or anything.. but if there's anything I know, I'll let you guys know! ☺
Thank you for this, unsurprising as this is a well trodden path for him. I can’t remember if I wrote this on this thread or the topshop nostalgia one (so apols if repeating!) but I do wish there was some sort of heritage preservation equivalent for British retail/manufacture? I know that sounds OTT but there are so many special British brands that go to ruin because of bullshit/greed like this, it’s SUCH a shame!

Reactions: 5

This is sad.
I’m, I’m stupid, so I don’t understand why he wants all the stock gone, but wants to own the name?
Makes sense as to why matches took days to answer my WhatsApp messages if they’re getting rid of staff. They usually would answer straight away.

This is sad.
I’m, I’m stupid, so I don’t understand why he wants all the stock gone, but wants to own the name?
Makes sense as to why matches took days to answer my WhatsApp messages if they’re getting rid of staff. They usually would answer straight away.
Market share. Matches as a domain will have a lot of (organic direct & search, so free) traffic going to it so that has an intrinsic value (this was a big deal in the made.com sale), plus it takes a competitor out the market so higher chance of customer spend being within his group. The consumer loses out as there’s less choice in the market, especially when you consider his low value proposition/history of abhorrent personal and professional conduct.

Reactions: 3
The man is a horror. He has the opposite of the Midas touch, everything he has turns to tit. Matches was a lovely company, their packages thoughtfully put together, and fab customer service. Now it will be the same arsecrack service you get with Flannels, HOF and Sports Direct🫠

Reactions: 4
There's really no need for these multi-brand sites any more sadly :( A lot of shopping now happens on social media and via reels for Gen Z so if the brands themselves don't engage with that it's do or die.
A small generalisation- Western millennials have no money and Western boomers are now entering their twilight years so don't really need loads of new designer stuff :)

Reactions: 3