Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to a vintage/handmade fair today and came across this stall. She uses scarves and ties (hermes, chanel, LV, Celine etc) and then remakes these into earrings, hairpins, brooches, hairbands. Absolutely beautiful (and a cheaper way to get a piece of the brands!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm after a new tote for work. I was thinking of a mulberry but just seen a lady with a Tory Burch. I don't know the brand but the lady in question is extremely wealthy so I thought it must be good & I like the price tag. Whats your thoughts guys?😘

Reactions: 1
I'm after a new tote for work. I was thinking of a mulberry but just seen a lady with a Tory Burch. I don't know the brand but the lady in question is extremely wealthy so I thought it must be good & I like the price tag. Whats your thoughts guys?😘
I love Tory Birch. Some of their leathers are like butter. Looks really good quality tbf

Reactions: 2
I went to a vintage/handmade fair today and came across this stall. She uses scarves and ties (hermes, chanel, LV, Celine etc) and then remakes these into earrings, hairpins, brooches, hairbands. Absolutely beautiful (and a cheaper way to get a piece of the brands!

Thanks for sharing, just ordered a key chain made to order :m
---
Does anybody know a reputable watch seller that won't try an take the piss? I'm on a couple of lists for a specific rolex.
However today I thought I'd check with a well known company in London to see if they had a second hand one or a similar one (I'm very specific about what I like) Only for this shop to turn round and say they can get me this watch for £2,500 more than listing price. This really pissed me off. I feel this is so unethical but ofcourse nothing to stop companies from doing this

• Heart
YSL if you're getting the Lou. Gucci if you're getting the Soho or Horsebit. I don't like the Gucci Marmont so I am biased against that particular style. Let us know which one you end up getting!

Question for those in Ireland; are there any trusted pre-loved luxury bag sellers you would recommend based out of Dublin?
Siopaella, Designer Exchange, the Brazilian Dresser and Lou’s Lot shop are all city centre Dublin and sell preloved designer bags.

Share a pic when it comes! I hope she's at the next fair as I may indulge in an earring lol
She’s great. She was worried that my item wouldn’t look authentic enough designer as I wanted a stiffer material used on the inside. And was going to do extra material foc. But I told her that’s the point. I love that she upcycles and I’m supporting a small business. I don’t want it to look like it came from the designer.

• Heart
She’s great. She was worried that my item wouldn’t look authentic enough designer as I wanted a stiffer material used on the inside. And was going to do extra material foc. But I told her that’s the point. I love that she upcycles and I’m supporting a small business. I don’t want it to look like it came from the designer.
Yeah we spent SO long at her stall just looking at absolutely everything. My friend got some of the blue flowery Chanel earrings and a matching hairpin, I got the pin in my photo above. Just absolutely lovely stuff and I also love that she uses vintage scarves etc and the upcycling part too ❤
The Chanel hot balloon earrings are stunning aswell with the pearl drops

Reactions: 3
Yeah we spent SO long at her stall just looking at absolutely everything. My friend got some of the blue flowery Chanel earrings and a matching hairpin, I got the pin in my photo above. Just absolutely lovely stuff and I also love that she uses vintage scarves etc and the upcycling part too ❤
Thanks for sharing this - I'm definitely going to order some earrings.

• Heart
Had a look at Tory Burch after it was posted on here and saw a bag I love. Only £370 as well! Same shape as a Burberry one I loved. And with a baby on the way… that bag is not in my immediate future 😑. Speaking of which, neither is my VcA bracelet now :(

Reactions: 2
Is yours the one she shared on IG stories earlier? The wristlet keyring?

Is yours the one she shared on IG stories earlier? The wristlet keyring?
Yes, and I told her it's exactly what I wanted. Very excited to receive it and tbf my current non-designer one, cost similar and was made by an Etsy seller. I feel like I'm getting a bit of a bargain

• Heart
Yes, and I told her it's exactly what I wanted. Very excited to receive it and tbf my current non-designer one, cost similar and was made by an Etsy seller. I feel like I'm getting a bit of a bargain
Ah I did wonder. It's lovely - very smart looking! I hope she's at the next handmade/vintage market as I want to browse everything again 🤣

Wow, didn’t he literally just acquire it? Is this another Philip green situ? He’s going to strip the assets? That’s so sad ☹

Wow, didn’t he literally just acquire it? Is this another Philip green situ? He’s going to strip the assets? That’s so sad ☹
He just wants to grow his market share, that’s his business’ game which is why he’s constantly beefing with the CMA (competitions market authority). He has never retained the DNA of any of his acquisitions - they all end up just schilling Canada Goose and Louboutin in the end. Matches will cease to exist as we know it for sure. Best case we’ll get a stock clearance sale for existing stock to clear the way for total gack gremlin clobber x

• Sad
Reactions: 9