Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i'm obsessed with a maje bag i keep seeing. does anyone have any idea what the quality is usually like?
I LOVE Maje. I have one of the fringed crochet bags, and it's amazing. Fits lots, quality is really good, and it's bright orange. I also have a dress from them (got for xmas woo). Which bag you after?

Here's my crazy baby. Also has a shoulder strap. I clash it with everything and don't care 😎

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I LOVE Maje. I have one of the fringed crochet bags, and it's amazing. Fits lots, quality is really good, and it's bright orange. I also have a dress from them (got for xmas woo). Which bag you after?

Here's my crazy baby. Also has a shoulder strap. I clash it with everything and don't care 😎
Orange is so underrated as a colour! Pink and blue are overdone and yellow is a bit banana-ry. Orange makes me think of tangerines and the tropics :)

Reactions: 2
Orange is so underrated as a colour! Pink and blue are overdone and yellow is a bit banana-ry. Orange makes me think of tangerines and the tropics :)
I have an array of coloured bags - red, orange, yellow alongside the classics monogram and black types but I don't like "normal" bags that you see everywhere. Think my only pink designery ones are a Longchamp pliage tote (banging hand luggage) and part of a Marc jacobs camera (which is clashed with like a yellow and brown). I love a clashy 🤣.

https://luxecollectivefashion.com/products/marc-jacobs-snapshot-bag-pink-rose-yellow-os that one. They're decent little bags aswell. Have debated changing the strap but the official ones are almost as much as the bag was!

• Heart
I love Aspinal, Mulberry and Coach bags. I think Aspinal are my favourite though. Really good quality. I'm getting the Coach Quilted tabby delivered today and I'm very excited. Got 30% off. I'll report back when I've opened it!
Where did you get it 30% off can I ask??? X

Reactions: 1
I love that in the monogram although I usually prefer empriente
---
Does anyone have Coach Cassie bag? Thinking of getting that first as it looks versatile, decent size for a cross body and also decent price

I'm doing a task at work that I'm really not enjoying so bribing myself and if I do it successfully, only then I'll treat myself to a bag 🤣
Yes I have the 'standard' sized Cassie in black , it's a lovely bag and well made , I don't use it much nowadays but that is purely because I have far newer bags, that said it's versatile enough for use at night and daytime . I have black but I really like the chalk one

Last edited:
I love that in the monogram although I usually prefer empriente
---

Yes I have the 'standard' sized Cassie in black , it's a lovely bag and well made , I don't use it much nowadays but that is purely because I have far newer bags, that said it's versatile enough for use at night and daytime . I have black but I really like the chalk one
Thank you, I just keep going back to it so will likely get it. I think I'll go for black but have thought about the chalk one too, it's nice

Is anyone a fan of the Mulberry Lily ? I had deliberated for years over buying one, then bought one in the sale after Xmas. Lovely little bag but I find the chain strap digs in. Only used mine once

Is anyone a fan of the Mulberry Lily ? I had deliberated for years over buying one, then bought one in the sale after Xmas. Lovely little bag but I find the chain strap digs in. Only used mine once
I bought on last year - i love it but find the sane as you and also its just a tad too small, so unfortunately its only had a few days out.

I love it, but definitely not my best purchase in terms of cost per wear

I was in coach today and fell in love with the denim tote bag. I know it wouldn’t be a forever bag but for just now I’m very tempted to buy.

visiting LV store this week too and may possibly get a bag but not sure what takes my fancy just now

I’ve decided I want a speedy. It’s the first designer bag I ever fell in love with as a teenager reading fashion magazines so I want to add it to my collection.

I remember how cheap they were when I first discovered them and 13 year old me thought wow I’ll never have that much money… if only I knew how expensive they would get 😭🤣

Does anyone have one, do you recommend buying new or getting second hand? I love the old, beat up style and that suits my overall style more, but then do I want the in store experience and brand new bag that’s only mine forever….

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve decided I want a speedy. It’s the first designer bag I ever fell in love with as a teenager reading fashion magazines so I want to add it to my collection.

I remember how cheap they were when I first discovered them and 13 year old me thought wow I’ll never have that much money… if only I knew how expensive they would get 😭🤣

Does anyone have one, do you recommend buying new or getting second hand? I love the old, beat up style and that suits my overall style more, but then do I want the in store experience and brand new bag that’s only mine forever….
LV second hand generally maintains its value, i dont think theres huge savings in the second hand market, so for that reason would be inclined to buy in store.

My 13 year old self is exactly why I bought a Speedy. When Poppy Moore had it in Wild Child lol.

I bought mine at 19 for £695 and now I’m 25 and they’re so much more it’s horrific. I’d buy second hand as it’s basically half the price

I bought on last year - i love it but find the sane as you and also its just a tad too small, so unfortunately its only had a few days out.

I love it, but definitely not my best purchase in terms of cost per wear
Definitely, it’s just a tad small for me too , I always wanted one but it’s just not getting used !

I’ve got the medium size and I haven’t found that with the strap but I always have it doubled up, so maybe that helps. I would like a regular size too but maybe I’ll think twice about it.

Tell me about it! I bought mine in my early twenties for less than £350 :oops: I'll leave you to guess how long ago that was based on the price alone!

The one thing I will say about a speedy is consider whether you are a hand-carry only kind of person, or whether you need a shoulder strap. The Speedy B was not a thing when I bought mine, and I think I might have actually kept it if I'd had the option to wear it on my shoulder.

They are a fab classic bag though - once you know which one you want you can't go wrong. I'd definitely get another one now if I could afford to.

Reactions: 3
Aspinal quality is amazing.
Love Aspinal quality but I find everything's the same year after year and there's never anything new? And it's all in the same uninspired colours?

Mulberry: design-wise they've completely flatlined for me these last few years, I don't think they've had a great model since the days of the Del Rey and Alexa. Since they've brought the Alexa back it just doesn't hit the same. Lots of ugly colours. SLGs are still great though.

I love my speedy although I don’t use it as much as I should because I prefer an across the body bag. I can fit loads in it though.
I tend to use my alma all the time and it looks a bit weathered but eventually I’ll buy another to keep for ‘nice’ occasions lol

The speedy was my dream bag from being a teenager so I bought one a few years ago. I had an opportunity to buy it brand new in 2010 when they were around £400 but it was out of stock and I was too impatient to wait so bought a completely different bag 🙈 ended up buying a speedy second hand for £400 a few years later when the brand new ones were in the £600-£700 range. Gutted I didn’t buy it in 2010 😂 I mainly use it for travel as it fits loads in but carrying it is a bit annoying for every day.

Also have a lily which I love but agree it can get a bit uncomfortable, I mainly use it as an evening bag as it’s great to throw on with pretty much any outfit and a reasonable size for an evening (without lugging too much tit around).

Reactions: 4
Love Aspinal quality but I find everything's the same year after year and there's never anything new? And it's all in the same uninspired colours?
I personally find Aspinal classic and clean, doesn't need the random gimmicky bags as that's not their target audience.
My bag is a most beautiful baby blue tote - the one I swapped was a lilac croc so there are more colours than the standards but, I do just love a classic bag

Reactions: 3