Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gucci just had a period of being really hot, but it’s over now so the sales drop isn’t that surprising imo.

Reactions: 3
Gucci just had a period of being really hot, but it’s over now so the sales drop isn’t that surprising imo.
For me, it became a bit "mainstream" and everyone had it. I even ended up selling my Gucci bags as wasn't feeling them anymore. Bit like my feelings on Burberry still from being a teen when the pattern was associated with the "chav" movement as it were lol

Reactions: 2
For me, it became a bit "mainstream" and everyone had it. I even ended up selling my Gucci bags as wasn't feeling them anymore. Bit like my feelings on Burberry still from being a teen when the pattern was associated with the "chav" movement as it were lol
I really hate the new creative direction of gucci and I don't think it will help sales in the long run. Clearly the focus is selling accessories which are the profitable arm of most luxury companies, but Michele's success came from creating amazing clothes that got people wanting to buy into the brand even if they could only afford accessories. The only hype I'm seeing is around the flatform loafers, but if you compare to Michele's mule (with or without the fur) they have less universal appeal/ wearability so I doubt I'll be seeing them in the same way I used to see the mules all over the office. New gucci looks too similar to prada and miu miu, which are way hotter brands. The middle class consumer at present is more likely to shop miuccia than sabato di sarno for that look.

The only decent kering brands imo are ysl and bottega (ysl has always been my favourite brand of all the bigger designer) but they won't be able to make up for the gucci losses. Apparently kering want to increase their stake in valentino at present the own around 20% as well as buying selfridges, but I think they need to focus on the brands they have already.

Reactions: 4
I used to think the Alec Monopoly art / bags were cool! But he’s just a dick so now I like them less

Been looking at this thread, I'm not really much into designer items but want to treat myself to some nicer stuff, nothing extravagant but want to buy some nice bags instead of getting multiple tit quality ones. May I ask where do you usually get bags? Any best shops for good deals? Sorry if it's been mentioned loads before!

Been looking at this thread, I'm not really much into designer items but want to treat myself to some nicer stuff, nothing extravagant but want to buy some nice bags instead of getting multiple tit quality ones. May I ask where do you usually get bags? Any best shops for good deals? Sorry if it's been mentioned loads before!
I love Aspinal, Mulberry and Coach bags. I think Aspinal are my favourite though. Really good quality. I'm getting the Coach Quilted tabby delivered today and I'm very excited. Got 30% off. I'll report back when I've opened it!

Reactions: 4
Concur with Aspinal above. They have really good sales aswell. My Aspinal bag is such good quality and absolute beautiful.
I also love Kate Spade for more girlie, quirky bags

Reactions: 1
I love Aspinal, Mulberry and Coach bags. I think Aspinal are my favourite though. Really good quality. I'm getting the Coach Quilted tabby delivered today and I'm very excited. Got 30% off. I'll report back when I've opened it!
I’m so excited for you. Update us!!! Top of my wishlist at the min

• Heart
I’m so excited for you. Update us!!! Top of my wishlist at the min
Will do. I'm so excited lol! I've tried the 20 (black with silver) and 26 with gold. They 26 is really roomy for my needs. Will defo pop on over weekend to show and tell!

Concur with Aspinal above. They have really good sales aswell. My Aspinal bag is such good quality and absolute beautiful.
I also love Kate Spade for more girlie, quirky bags
Thank you, I think one of the coach ones will be first on my list but interesting about Aspinal as haven't considered them

Thank you, I think one of the coach ones will be first on my list but interesting about Aspinal as haven't considered them
I hadn't before, but someone got me one for a xmas present (granted I swapped it as it was a travel wallet I'd not have used...so swapped for a tote for work!) and it's amazing. Still looks good as new nearly 2 years on

• Heart
I’m a huge fan of Strathberry and they have a mid season sale on right now

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Ooh they have an outlet + says extra 20% added at checkout

Tanner Leitherstein is a leather expert who does great videos dissecting the quality of luxury items. From memory he rated Polene snd Strathberry the highest quality on par with high end but more affordable. And anything that comes from that specific region in Spain (Loewe)
A lot of ‘cheaper’ brands use a lot of plastic fillers and coating.

Im sure he’s done aspinal too. Aspinal’s outlet used to be insane, i got loads of passport holders for like £15 10 years ago, i see theyre £35 now.

Strathberry is definitely on my wishlist. They used to do a tote bag like Celine’s Sangle i wish they would bring back. Their covent garden store is amazing and had a really lovely and knowledgable SA when i went

Last edited:
  • Heart
Does anyone have Coach Cassie bag? Thinking of getting that first as it looks versatile, decent size for a cross body and also decent price

I'm doing a task at work that I'm really not enjoying so bribing myself and if I do it successfully, only then I'll treat myself to a bag 🤣

i'm obsessed with a maje bag i keep seeing. does anyone have any idea what the quality is usually like?