Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought them when I was post partum and I got an M, which according to their size guide is a 14-16 but they were perfect, now back to my normal 10 and they still fit fine 😬 so I would say size up based on that!
Thanks for this, I’ve been considering getting some for a while, might purchase in my Harrods discount day 🙂

Ended up with a Jacquemus scarf recently. Love it. Personally not rating the brand itself anymore but I think that is more at the bags. So good for £165 really thick and heavy

Also for any fragrance lovers, the Hermes Tutti Twilly perfume is honestly so special. Also got for Xmas… start small with the end goal being a Birkin? 🤣

Pls share any Christmas gifts I am too nosey for my own good

Reactions: 4
Happy Christmas enablers - hope there are some wonderfully decadent and fabulous presents to share on here

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve bought the grand total of a pair of Cyberjammies pyjamas on Christmas Eve. I fancy a pair of Uggs but guessing I wont find them in the sales.

Reactions: 2
Went to the sales today and they were crap, should’ve stayed in bed😂
I found the sales leading up to Christmas were actually better… I got 40% off my boyfriends Loub trainers at Selfridges and 50% off his Stone Island jacket at Matches.

I found the sales leading up to Christmas were actually better… I got 40% off my boyfriends Loub trainers at Selfridges and 50% off his Stone Island jacket at Matches.
I saw the sales had started at Selfridges and HN pre Christmas, if I could be arsed/was super organised I should go Christmas Eve 🤔

Sadly it’ll be game over for Matches, it’s just a market share game for him there’s no genuine interest there 🤷🏻‍♀️ He never does anything beyond order fulfilment for these brands - doesn’t try to retain or develop what made them special. Feel sad for any staff who’ve been acquired in this.

Saddened as Matches was my fav but it’s not by force we have to keep with the same retailers/spending at all. I love Liberty but it skews a little older/sometimes a bit posh grot so wouldn’t be my first choice all the time. At least Browns will be ok under the Farfetch acq ?
What do you think will happen to Net a Porter? It’s doing badly but was going to be acquired by FarFetch. It’s now left with no one to take it over as FarFetch have been sold and abandoned the transaction :(
---
Don’t think Coupland want Browns or that other random one FarFetch have- Stadium Goods. FarFetch was going to close down the Browns website anyway

I saw the sales had started at Selfridges and HN pre Christmas, if I could be arsed/was super organised I should go Christmas Eve 🤔
Both were like beginning of Dec actually! Completely separate. I noticed quoits a few shops doing it. Maybe that’s the only way they can get people to buy now given peoples budgets

Reactions: 1
What do you think will happen to Net a Porter? It’s doing badly but was going to be acquired by FarFetch. It’s now left with no one to take it over as FarFetch have been sold and abandoned the transaction :(
---
Don’t think Coupland want Browns or that other random one FarFetch have- Stadium Goods. FarFetch was going to close down the Browns website anyway
I’m surprised Coupang didn’t want Browns! It makes sense as they’re not a British heritage brand in the same sense. But hopefully Browns is acquired by someone who’ll do it justice.

On NAP - cos of the value of it fear it’s vulnerable to being bought by a vile man like Jeff Bezos or Mike Ashley and fam. Both are obvs morally problematic but JB will want NAP wholly on the Amazon platform which is just 😬 as they’ll lose so much for it. Maybe he’ll just poach talent. MA will leave the NAP site up but gradually you’ll see the bargain basement stock creep in & they don’t do customer service/RM or any brand or marketing well at all. Especially not creative. Or anything loool they are just so cheap and shabby. It is a shame as NAP did do it well & ex staff speak SO highly of them/their practices which is increasingly rarer to hear these days. Hopefully a decent international buyer takes it on. Hopefully their staff stay on too.

What do you think? It’s a shame we can’t DM here 🥲 but how are you doing with your job/have you got any plans to leave this year? I finally have and am really relieved as it feels like now there’s only a handful of brands that aren’t major walking red flags/risks to the above. Plus the not-yet-named-a-recession recession 😬😬

Reactions: 5
I’m surprised Coupang didn’t want Browns! It makes sense as they’re not a British heritage brand in the same sense. But hopefully Browns is acquired by someone who’ll do it justice.

On NAP - cos of the value of it fear it’s vulnerable to being bought by a vile man like Jeff Bezos or Mike Ashley and fam. Both are obvs morally problematic but JB will want NAP wholly on the Amazon platform which is just 😬 as they’ll lose so much for it. Maybe he’ll just poach talent. MA will leave the NAP site up but gradually you’ll see the bargain basement stock creep in & they don’t do customer service/RM or any brand or marketing well at all. Especially not creative. Or anything loool they are just so cheap and shabby. It is a shame as NAP did do it well & ex staff speak SO highly of them/their practices which is increasingly rarer to hear these days. Hopefully a decent international buyer takes it on. Hopefully their staff stay on too.

What do you think? It’s a shame we can’t DM here 🥲 but how are you doing with your job/have you got any plans to leave this year? I finally have and am really relieved as it feels like now there’s only a handful of brands that aren’t major walking red flags/risks to the above. Plus the not-yet-named-a-recession recession 😬😬
I’m still freelancing for all the brands above 😂 I wanted a perm job there but now they all look toooo vulnerable. Might go further down the market to like mid luxury as they’re doing better!

I hope the head offices won’t close- NAP is beautiful, have wanted to be perm there for ages
---
I’d rather FarFetch had NAP than Mike Ashley :( they were going to take on FarFetch’s tech as well. Guess their in house studio will defs close as that’s a money drain

• Heart
I’m still freelancing for all the brands above 😂 I wanted a perm job there but now they all look toooo vulnerable. Might go further down the market to like mid luxury as they’re doing better!

I hope the head offices won’t close- NAP is beautiful, have wanted to be perm there for ages
---
I’d rather FarFetch had NAP than Mike Ashley :( they were going to take on FarFetch’s tech as well. Guess their in house studio will defs close as that’s a money drain
Omg hadn’t realised you were contracting that’s fab, congrats 🎉! Is that new this year? How is it going? Depends on the definition of mid but I think mid as in winter wonderland coke head mid will suffer the worst as it’s targeted at middle income homes / accessibility to or affordability of credit is worsening 😬 premium high street mid would probs be thriving tbf as people swap quantity for quality/small joys and it’s a different demog. Also I think home will do really well!

re: NAP’s offices, if Amazon buy them imagine they’d stay as it seems to be a lifestyle thing/obsession for him and the prestige office suits that. Also, Amazon actually have the money for such a thing. Btw speaking of offices are you on TikTok? Cackling at the sheer luxe take down lool.

NAP should get rid of Yoox too 😂
---
I’ve been contracting for like 2 years but want something perm- fashion’s like a disasterrr tho

• Heart
Reactions: 3
NAP should get rid of Yoox too 😂
---
I’ve been contracting for like 2 years but want something perm- fashion’s like a disasterrr tho
The Yoox side of things always seemed a bit...low budget compared to NAP to my consumer-self!

I hope you find something secure and perm Soph! There's such a wealth of talent going round in the UK and when these companies get bought by the Ashleys of the world...ugh, it's crappy.

Reactions: 3
Does anybody know if there are price hikes expected soon? I want to get a YSL bag but thinking if it can wait until I’m abroad (tax break!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.