Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Aspinal have a good sale on - I'd have got this tote if available when I got mine (but I do love my blue one. Perfect work bag!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My Black Friday Ganni cardigan arrived.. it took so long I was getting annoyed & hoped I wouldn’t like it so I could just return it and get my €200 back but it’s bloody gorgeous 😭 I’m already looking at the other colours.

It’s so thick and holds such a nice shape, it’s the perfect amount of slouchiness while still giving you a shape. I got it quite oversized as I just want to wear it open with a plain tshirt or vest top but I think it would look nice more fitted too.

Reactions: 9
My Black Friday Ganni cardigan arrived.. it took so long I was getting annoyed & hoped I wouldn’t like it so I could just return it and get my €200 back but it’s bloody gorgeous 😭 I’m already looking at the other colours.

It’s so thick and holds such a nice shape, it’s the perfect amount of slouchiness while still giving you a shape. I got it quite oversized as I just want to wear it open with a plain tshirt or vest top but I think it would look nice more fitted too.
I’m waiting for pictures!

Does anyone own the Cartier love bracelet, small, paved in yellow gold? £26,000 is crazy I need to win the lottery

Does anyone own the Cartier love bracelet, small, paved in yellow gold? £26,000 is crazy I need to win the lottery
No I wish 🥲 I own the non-pave version

£26k is insane. I know all designer fine jewellery is marked up in price but the difference isn’t that much. I think an jeweller estimated the cost of the materials of the VCA Alhambra bracelet and it was about £1.5k, vs the £4k that VCA charge.

but the pave love bracelet from Cartier would be much less for raw materials (5k ish), vs the £26k they charge.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Strathberry started their sale and the bag I want isn’t included 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Question for the more knowledgeable of you - What is Flannels' customer service/shipping like? Very occasionally I buy designer items from Matches and now that Mike Ashley's group has bought Matches I am wondering if they might streamline things and start using the same warehouses/customer service teams etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Question for the more knowledgeable of you - What is Flannels' customer service/shipping like? Very occasionally I buy designer items from Matches and now that Mike Ashley's group has bought Matches I am wondering if they might streamline things and start using the same warehouses/customer service teams etc.
No way has he bought matches 😩😩 I didnt know this.

• Sad
  • Wow
I find Flannels to be very quick - have ordered a few bits and they arrived so fast - havent dealt with their CS team

Flannels postage is expensive but extreme prompt and your item comes in a cute travel bag which come in handy. HOWEVER, their customer services are a bit crap and as I said in an earlier post, I once rang up and it cost me £40!!! As they use a premium rate number. This was a few years ago and I haven’t had to ring since. Sad for Matches, wasn’t aware that they bought them. They seem to have the reverse Midas touch!

Reactions: 4
Returns aren't free to Flannels...at least not from Ireland. Last time I ordered it was easier to just keep everything than lose out on the return...wouldn't reorder for that reason

I purchased 2 Balmain jeans for my partner for Christmas. They were on sale but still very pricey. They did not come in any packaging & there was no Flannel pouch or zip up bag. It was disappointing but very speedy delivery which is great for this time of the year.

I purchased 2 Balmain jeans for my partner for Christmas. They were on sale but still very pricey. They did not come in any packaging & there was no Flannel pouch or zip up bag. It was disappointing but very speedy delivery which is great for this time of the year.
Yeah I had heard sometimes the packaging was a bit lackluster! I love the packaging that comes with a Matches purchase. I hope they don't change it up. 😬 Though speedy delivery is always a good thing!

Yeah I had heard sometimes the packaging was a bit lackluster! I love the packaging that comes with a Matches purchase. I hope they don't change it up. 😬 Though speedy delivery is always a good thing!
Yes I was in two minds to complain but I shut my mouth but nearly spending £1K I think it’s dreadful all because I purchased a sale items.
I don’t really purchase from Matches, I prefer Net a Porter.
Oh I bought a gift from Luisa via Roma less than 24 hours I have received the item. So very impressed.

That’s pissed me right off about matches, I much prefer shopping with them than net a porter. I don’t think I’ll be using them any longer after the many horror stories I’ve heard from people shopping with flannels. I’m having a nightmare with the OUTNET at the moment so my options are now limited, will probably have to just shop direct from now on.

• Heart
That’s pissed me right off about matches, I much prefer shopping with them than net a porter. I don’t think I’ll be using them any longer after the many horror stories I’ve heard from people shopping with flannels. I’m having a nightmare with the OUTNET at the moment so my options are now limited, will probably have to just shop direct from now on.
It’s pissed me off, too 😂 clearly don’t have much else going on in my life to let it bother me 😬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.