Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Sadia, she seems like such a nice and awesome person. šŸ„°
I found your whole post so interesting to read, especially your experience with her new restaurant. I haven't read any reviews so far, so that was interesting. :sneaky: And everything else you wrote is downright true. šŸ‘
The restaurant reviews are very mixed, with a lot of people complaining about the portion size vs price, and the whole experience feeling like a rip off. Thereā€™s also a few who give it raving reviews, but from what I can see, most of the negative reviews have come from long term followers of Ella who are disappointed in the complete change in approach and direction of the restaurant.

Reactions: 4
The restaurant reviews are very mixed, with a lot of people complaining about the portion size vs price, and the whole experience feeling like a rip off. Thereā€™s also a few who give it raving reviews, but from what I can see, most of the negative reviews have come from long term followers of Ella who are disappointed in the complete change in approach and direction of the restaurant.
Yes, I noticed that when I read a few reviews on google yesterday. People either seem to love it or hate it. :ROFLMAO: I personally wouldn't mind the prices because I know that it's overprized and I'd be willing to pay for it if the ingredients and meals would justify it. But so many people wrote that the food wasn't hot or even cold and that would NOT work for me. :sneaky: The food not being warm enough is such a pet peeve for me. Especially in restaurants when I need to pay a ton of money for it.
But someone here mentioned that her app is now about calories, which I find so disappointing, because she was always one of the few people that didn't do the whole calorie nonsense. I guess she really is taking a different approach now. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
I donā€™t see how the restaurant will be successful if they continue to serve food that isnā€™t hot etc. The deli was much more on brand for her and although it seemed a good idea, it was always very chaotic in there, having to wait ages whenever you ordered just a hot drink. The food was a bit hit or miss as well. I had good experiences and bad where everything felt a bit mushy and tasteless. I think this just shows the lack of experience her and Matt have in the industry and just relying on the brand name to get customers in. This isnā€™t going to last forever though, so time will tell if they can improve things.
Some people seem to love it but Iā€™ve heard one too many negative comments to put me off going there personally.
Like a previous post said I canā€™t understand all of these new supermarket products when the focus was supposed to be about cooking from scratch and making it easy/healthy.
I feel like they could do so much more with the platform they have. The original Deliciously Ella idea has well and truly gone down the drain.

Reactions: 7
The original Deliciously Ella idea has well and truly gone down the drain.
It's all about money now and working non-stop (or pretending to work non-stop). Everything changed when Matt took charge. I feel like Ella is just the face of DE now - but he is the boss and the one making most of the decisions. And he is all about the money!

Reactions: 12
I don't follow her anymore... and I'm not sure I can face looking at her IG :ROFLMAO: How on earth is she promoting counting calories? Literally every snack she has is something dipped in chocolate or drowned in nut butter? Did the qualification she just gained alert her to the fact that medjool dates aren't just obscenely expensive, but also sugar? Most people can't diet and dip everything in nut butter. I also remember a lot of pictures of sourdough bread and pasta šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 8
I don't follow her anymore... and I'm not sure I can face looking at her IG :ROFLMAO: How on earth is she promoting counting calories? Literally every snack she has is something dipped in chocolate or drowned in nut butter? Did the qualification she just gained alert her to the fact that medjool dates aren't just obscenely expensive, but also sugar? Most people can't diet and dip everything in nut butter. I also remember a lot of pictures of sourdough bread and pasta šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Something Iā€˜ve also noticed is a huge reduction in the gluten free recipes, on their Instagram and also at Plants. Has she just stopped being gluten free or something? I keep seeing her make food with sourdough bread which is surely not GF? Someone on the plants review page said they were hospitalised because of the gluten they accidentally ate there, citing that the menu didnā€™t make GF options clear enough. Thatā€™s shocking tbh

• Wow
Something Iā€˜ve also noticed is a huge reduction in the gluten free recipes, on their Instagram and also at Plants. Has she just stopped being gluten free or something? I keep seeing her make food with sourdough bread which is surely not GF? Someone on the plants review page said they were hospitalised because of the gluten they accidentally ate there, citing that the menu didnā€™t make GF options clear enough. Thatā€™s shocking tbh
I remember her deli made her pancake recipe but used gluten in it and there was a review where someone got ill from it and Ella was just like soz, changed the recipe for the deli. It made me think the original recipe didn't actually work, and they had had to amend it!

It seemed to really go against her whole plant based, gluten free diet which had "healed" her. I think it's the money again- normal flour is way cheaper than gluten free! It's depressing to see her chuck all the principles she worked on out the window

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In one of her books, she talks about really restricting in the beginning, because she couldn't tolerate lots of ingredients and slowly brought them back into her diet (like onions etc). And later on her cookbook(s) were full of gluten, so she can probably eat it again. Who knows, maybe it's not hip anymore to omit gluten, so she doesn't bother in her dishes. o_O

Reactions: 5
Presuming she means ā€œemitsā€ glad to see her St Andrews standard of education is shining through lol
Maybe that's the next podcast? Interview with a herd of cows who admit to contributing to the majority of greenhouse gasses? #DEworldexclusive

• Haha
Presuming she means ā€œemitsā€ glad to see her St Andrews standard of education is shining through lol
This is SO embarrassing, and the same mistake twice clearly shows she is not even aware it is a mistake, itā€™s not just a typo

• Haha
This is SO embarrassing, and the same mistake twice clearly shows she is not even aware it is a mistake, itā€™s not just a typo
Actually, thinking about it, the real scoop here isn't that the animals are admitting to šŸ’ØšŸ’ØšŸ’Ø greenhouse gases, but that the plants are admitting to it to? How is she communicating with them? Is she a plant whisperer as well?šŸ§šā€ā™€ļøāœØ

• Haha
What do you guys think of her new book which has been announced? It may be a bit controversial of her to publish instructions on how to make your kids go plant based, especially when it comes to babies. Not sure if this is the best idea of hers.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
What do you guys think of her new book which has been announced? It may be a bit controversial of her to publish instructions on how to make your kids go plant based, especially when it comes to babies. Not sure if this is the best idea of hers.
I thought the same. She did not even finish her "nutritionist " training of whatever she is doing and all of sudden she will educate how to feed babies : which is mainly peanut butter almond butter in her world...
Let the babies be seriously...

Why not? I think there is greater issue with the term "plant based" (which as far as I know isn't a clearly defined or regulated term and can include some animal products) as opposed to bringing up your kids vegan and educating them about animal rights. Saying that, didn't she start her blog saying her diet "cured" a disease? This in my eyes is an issue, putting elevated claims on certain foods rather than grounding them in facts. Veganism for example is primarily done for animal rights, but you get people then going vegan for health or the environment and overstating things, even moreso with all these "plant based" wellness gurus. However, she's a professional now, and can consult with people who have brought up vegan children and have dietician qualifications, as opposed to feeding kids dates 24/7 because they are "healthier" than cane sugar apparently.

Why not? I think there is greater issue with the term "plant based" (which as far as I know isn't a clearly defined or regulated term and can include some animal products) as opposed to bringing up your kids vegan and educating them about animal rights.
It think it is mostly because she is not qualified. This is my personal concern . I understand qualified doctors, pediatrician or certified nutritionist but someone who mainly wants to see šŸ¤‘ I'm not convinced

No she isnā€™t qualified, but equally there is an obesity epidemic in this country and encouraging parents to feed their kids fruit and veg canā€™t be a bad thingā€¦

That being said I do feel she mainly preaches to the converted.

Reactions: 3
No she isnā€™t qualified, but equally there is an obesity epidemic in this country and encouraging parents to feed their kids fruit and veg canā€™t be a bad thingā€¦

That being said I do feel she mainly preaches to the converted.
Smothering everything in peanut butter and olive oil isn't going to fix the obesity epidemic either though.

Youā€™re all giving her far too much credit, we donā€™t need to worry as thereā€™ll be a qualified nutritionist ghost writing the entire thing

• Haha
Are nutritionists actually a thing? What does it even mean? I know that Dieticians are properly certified and regulated but can never understand was nutritionist actually means.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.