Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus she has a line of products that most small business do not have, so the money will still be rolling in for them

Reactions: 4
Plus she has a line of products that most small business do not have, so the money will still be rolling in for them
I bet she is loving this really, she loves complaining about how busy/overworked they both are, this just gives another angle to add to this

Reactions: 1
Nice to see after being so critical of diet culture, Ella’s brand has decided to branch into diet apps. The app was renamed “Feel Better” earlier this year, and is now offering calorie controlled meal plans (granted, higher than usual ones), but no desserts.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
She is SUCH a hypocrite!! How many times has she banged on about not counting calories, not owning scales, eat what makes you feel good….

Reactions: 8
Deliciously Ella sporting a balenciaga bum bag on the school run, must retail at minimum £500. Don’t ever let them tell you their business is struggling.
It wouldn't matter if the business was struggling, they are rich with or without the business!

Reactions: 11
I think what's annoying is that she doesn't own her privilege and she is always implying she has constant money worries.
I follow people who have luxury brand bags but they aren't complaining or saying they are struggling and it doesn't bother me seeing them wearing their bags

Reactions: 11
I think what's annoying is that she doesn't own her privilege and she is always implying she has constant money worries.
I follow people who have luxury brand bags but they aren't complaining or saying they are struggling and it doesn't bother me seeing them wearing their bags
100%, just own it and acknowledge it. Pretty much all influencers annoy me but she’s the worst kind.

100%, just own it and acknowledge it. Pretty much all influencers annoy me but she’s the worst kind.
exactly, we all know some people are richer than others why pretende you are almost bankrupt

Reactions: 5
Deliciously Ella sporting a balenciaga bum bag on the school run, must retail at minimum £500. Don’t ever let them tell you their business is struggling.
And wearing this coat...

And wearing this coat...
That's not vegan is it?!

Reactions: 2
She’s never labelled herself as vegan - however for someone who targets a conscious market striving to do better with ethical consumer choices, it sure does seem like a strange choice to then publicly wear clothing they would aggressively hate

Reactions: 6
Nursery is just like daycare right? That kid looks like she’s off for a high tea. My toddler wears comfortable clothing that doesn’t matter if it gets messy as it inevitably should at that age. Playing in a sandbox, painting, etc?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nursery is just like daycare right? That kid looks like she’s off for a high tea. My toddler wears comfortable clothing that doesn’t matter if it gets messy as it inevitably should at that age. Playing in a sandbox, painting, etc?
She's dressed her in a real Princess Charlotte outfit- lovely for a birthday party or something but yeah I thought it was a bit much for nursery!

Reactions: 5
Putting on Instagram that her new sauce is a lifesaver. No babe, it’s pasta sauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m new to this thread but thought I’d post because I’m so so glad I finally found somewhere to see what people really think, and that I’m not alone.

I‘ve been following Ella for a good 7 years now, when I first became Vegetarian. I found her recipes to be easy to follow etc, and visited the Deli a few times. However, slowly over the years, her brand has just changed for the worse. It’s become more corporate, thanks to Matt, and drifted away from the original message of making vegetables ‘cool’ and instead Ella has just slowly come across as all the more privileged, and never ever transparent about just how privileged she really is.

Firstly, I have always been supportive of her new ventures and products, visiting the delis or buying the new soups etc. But oh my god, some of the products on the supermarkets shelves are so overpriced for what they are. The new soups are just grim. Not a single grain of salt seems to have touched the recipe. They’re bland and just have no imagination or flavour. The new cooking sauces? I thought the brand was all about using fresh ingredients and making food from scratch to see exactly what goes in your food. And now they‘re selling their souls to the corporate machine to make manufactured garbage, selling it like it’s a quality, wholesome item.

Don’t get me started about ’Plants by DE’. It’s an absolute joke. I went there with a friend and we ended up paying £80 for cold and undercooked vegetables dressed up like some psyuedo-Michelin star bollocks, including £5 spent on the worst chips I have ever tried in my life. They also overcharged us on the bill which we asked them to take off. ‘Plants‘ is a far cry from the original deli, which was more wholesome, inviting and less elitist. It was also affordable, and the food wasn’t pretentious. The brand is clearly trying to push away the less middle-class and lower income households that could once afford the deli and replace with rich trust fund customers like Ella herself.

I always thought it was strange that her Instagram stories of May and Skye were muted, but it’s obvious that she’s trying to hide the live in Nanny. Ella needs to be transparent about her wealth, privalige, and how life is probably much easier for her as a rich, white, vegan who can afford luxuries in life such as a wrist dripping with Van Cleef, or a live in Nanny. There are people out there who can’t afford to be Vegan, or have a nanny, which Ella seems to constantly just be unaware of, in terms of what she puts out in the public eye.

I know this is a long post, but I’m just sick and tired of the hypocrisy and the direction of the brand. If you want good recipes, from a more humble perspective, as well as from someone who knows what they’re talking about as a dietician, try Pick Up Limes.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I know this is a long post, but I’m just sick and tired of the hypocrisy and the direction of the brand. If you want good recipes, from a more humble perspective, as well as from someone who knows what they’re talking about as a dietician, try Pick Up Limes.
I love Sadia, she seems like such a nice and awesome person. 🥰
I found your whole post so interesting to read, especially your experience with her new restaurant. I haven't read any reviews so far, so that was interesting. :sneaky: And everything else you wrote is downright true. 👏

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.