Debt Free Instagram Community #2 TML and DI still hiding away, leaving pre-cooked pasta to organise the day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep I’ve been through infertility and IVF. I’ve been blessed with two beautiful children naturally after correcting my fertility issues.

I always told my husband if we had one child and then were told we needed IVF for a second I would never do it. IVF is soul destroying and I’d rather enjoy the one child I had.

I feel so terribly sorry for her daughter that she will one day feel like she wasn’t enough for her mother. $30 on Christmas and getting $5 for school holidays. It’s so sad.
I’m so sorry to hear you went through that and glad you were blessed with your children! There is a lot of infertility in my family (myself included) and I have seen many heartbreaking losses for those closest to me, and one miracle IVF child in the family who I absolutely cherish.
I hope JBM’s daughter has some aunties/uncles/cousins etc to spoil her and make her feel special. The longer I follow this woman the less I understand why she does things the way she does. It’s all very sad. Do we know how old the daughter is turning?

Reactions: 1
Yep I’ve been through infertility and IVF. I’ve been blessed with two beautiful children naturally after correcting my fertility issues.

I always told my husband if we had one child and then were told we needed IVF for a second I would never do it. IVF is soul destroying and I’d rather enjoy the one child I had.

I feel so terribly sorry for her daughter that she will one day feel like she wasn’t enough for her mother. $30 on Christmas and getting $5 for school holidays. It’s so sad.
I have two IVF kids and I set some hard limits with #2. Not even financial limits, we could afford it and #1 didn’t miss out on anything - but emotional. Thankfully we were lucky and it worked out. JBM should’ve hit a financial and emotional limit quite a while ago, she’s clearly been in a very bad headspace for a while.

Reactions: 3
I’m so sorry to hear you went through that and glad you were blessed with your children! There is a lot of infertility in my family (myself included) and I have seen many heartbreaking losses for those closest to me, and one miracle IVF child in the family who I absolutely cherish.
I hope JBM’s daughter has some aunties/uncles/cousins etc to spoil her and make her feel special. The longer I follow this woman the less I understand why she does things the way she does. It’s all very sad. Do we know how old the daughter is turning?
I think she’s 10ish. Old enough to possibly realise her life is very different to other kids.
JBM used to always say that the daughter always asks for a sibling which is why she’s saving so hard. And that she explains to her the reason for her “budgeting” is because the daughter wants a sibling, and the daughter is fine with it. Hmmmm

I think she’s 10ish. Old enough to possibly realise her life is very different to other kids.
JBM used to always say that the daughter always asks for a sibling which is why she’s saving so hard. And that she explains to her the reason for her “budgeting” is because the daughter wants a sibling, and the daughter is fine with it. Hmmmm
I’m an only child and I can remember wanting a sibling. But if I was offered a choice between a happy meal and a sibling I would’ve chosen the happy meal 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think JBM uses that narrative to feel better about sinking every cent they ever get into her dream

Reactions: 6
I thought the daughter was turning either 10 or 11 too. I know she’s said that in the past, I think a lot of us would agree that’s a lot for a 10 year old to take on and understand the gravity of, eg, “you won’t be getting big birthday presents for now because we’re wanting to give you a sibling”. If they unfortunately can’t fulfil that dream of having another baby, it’s a shame that their existing child seems to have been second fiddle for so long. As you said, she’s old enough to realise the differences between other kids’ lives and hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I get the feeling that OO feels the need to overcompensate for not working by doing so many things each day. I understand it is busy running a household but does the husband not help at all?? She makes his lunch each day 🤯 - why can he not do that himself??
Maybe the husband has the opinion that SAHM isnt a job......
Why does the SIL live there?

Did we see that shebesorted has changed her handle to her full name?! 😵💫 much cyber security!
I never understand how much people share to a public audience, especially when it includes children. She really irritates me but I can’t explain exactly why 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I never understand how much people share to a public audience, especially when it includes children. She really irritates me but I can’t explain exactly why 🤷🏼‍♀️
I used to really like her content and the meals/snack ideas but now the undisclosed ad after ad is irritating. And the over consumption. Who needs that many reusable coffee cups?!!? She's one of those parents who makes their kids and being a mum their whole personality.

Reactions: 6
I get the feeling that OO feels the need to overcompensate for not working by doing so many things each day. I understand it is busy running a household but does the husband not help at all?? She makes his lunch each day 🤯 - why can he not do that himself??
Maybe the husband has the opinion that SAHM isnt a job......
Why does the SIL live there?

He apparently works 12 hour days and only sees the kids on the weekends. But I agree, he can’t even make his own morning coffee?

It definitely comes across as he doesn’t do much at all except work and the work on cars on the weekends.

The fact she showed how she went and got all the dirty dishes from the shed to wash just screams laziness. If that was my husband he’d be bringing in his own dirty dishes.

Reactions: 8
Long time lurker, first time poster!

The problem with OO is she is just a little girl playing house. Thinking if she shows everyone doing these jobs she Will get praised as a “good mum” or “good wife”. No savings when the main earner is working in such a physical job is beyond stupid, one injury and he could be flat on his back and they will be relying on her business of reselling plastic junk from AliExpress 🤷🏻‍♀️

She needs to relook at her Insta handle because someone who is organised does not do an online grocery order and then “pop to the shops” every second day….

Her partner also clearly shows his age with his inability to dress in anything past trackers, socks and slides! Clearly she is too busy buying and dressing the girls in tacky matching outfits than to get him a pair of clean jeans or chinos.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I haven’t posted here for awhile, but my god does growing family on a budget grind my gears, too many packaged treats for lunch, no wonder her kids are always sick, the tit she feeds them is disgusting. My kids would be sick too if they are processed tit all day every day.

Who is JBM??

I haven’t posted here for awhile, but my god does growing family on a budget grind my gears, too many packaged treats for lunch, no wonder her kids are always sick, the tit she feeds them is disgusting. My kids would be sick too if they are processed tit all day every day.

Who is JBM??
Just Budget Mum or now Our Thrifty Homestead

He apparently works 12 hour days and only sees the kids on the weekends. But I agree, he can’t even make his own morning coffee?

It definitely comes across as he doesn’t do much at all except work and the work on cars on the weekends.

The fact she showed how she went and got all the dirty dishes from the shed to wash just screams laziness. If that was my husband he’d be bringing in his own dirty dishes.
I get OO mixed up with a smaller account that I follow, so maybe I’m confused but I does anyone remember her putting her husband on blast really publicly for being an hole? Maybe just before the little one’s first birthday 🤔

The problem with OO is she is just a little girl playing house. Thinking if she shows everyone doing these jobs she Will get praised as a “good mum” or “good wife”. No savings when the main earner is working in such a physical job is beyond stupid, one injury and he could be flat on his back and they will be relying on her business of reselling plastic junk from AliExpress 🤷🏻‍♀️

She needs to relook at her Insta handle because someone who is organised does not do an online grocery order and then “pop to the shops” every second day….

Her partner also clearly shows his age with his inability to dress in anything past trackers, socks and slides! Clearly she is too busy buying and dressing the girls in tacky matching outfits than to get him a pair of clean jeans or chinos.
E0EC7208-DE05-4FBD-BBB5-DA4F13E585BB.jpeg

Very busy days….. of pouring jar sauce into a saucepan at 8am

Did we see that shebesorted has changed her handle to her full name?! 😵💫 much cyber security!
It’s a strange change? What’s the point of making it her full name…. No one knows who she is, is she trying to capitalise on the Sophia Cachia etc trend of my name is my brand? Also all I can think of is gherkin 🙈

• Haha

It always kills me everytime I see a photo of him at a special event in his trackies and slides, it’s disrespectful really to show up to something dressed like that 😵💫 they come across a bit bogan.

Reactions: 4
It always kills me everytime I see a photo of him at a special event in his trackies and slides, it’s disrespectful really to show up to something dressed like that 😵💫 they come across a bit bogan.
it’s ok, it’s classy because they are Nike slides paired with Nike socks 🫠🫠🫠

• Haha

Yes that's exactly it! She's playing house :LOL:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.