Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my experience if a guy wants to speak to you he’ll find a way, no message is a message in itself

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I went to the cinema this afternoon and I was strolling through Leicester Square alone and this nerdy guy with a bowlcut kept trying to walk parallel to me and was giving me a creepy smile like he knew somethingI didn't :oops: My thought was 'oh god he recognises me from an app!!' Has this happened to anyone else?! He didn't say anything but I have no idea what I would have said back lmao
I had a tinder date years ago which didn't lead to a second date (boring and we didn't click) and a year later I saw him as I was leaving Farringdon station! I caught him just before he saw me so I made myself seem busy and was speaking to my colleague as we past each other. Was a little uncomfortable but made me laugh afterwards. I would have been mortified if he actually spoke to me in front of my work mates!

Unlike my social media accounts, I sometimes forget my dating profile is public and that men can recognise me 😅 ha silly I know

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In my experience if a guy wants to speak to you he’ll find a way, no message is a message in itself
I had a put-5’11-but-was-5’8-when-we-met last weekend 🙈
I’ve become obsessed with height, not in the way that I will only datw guys over a certain height, but that I cannot work out how tall people are in real life. They always seems not much taller than me and yet are supposedly 6ft (I’m 5ft 6in), yet my ex-husband was 5ft 11in and I used to get neck strain from kissing him. Weird!

Reactions: 2
I’ve become obsessed with height, not in the way that I will only datw guys over a certain height, but that I cannot work out how tall people are in real life. They always seems not much taller than me and yet are supposedly 6ft (I’m 5ft 6in), yet my ex-husband was 5ft 11in and I used to get neck strain from kissing him. Weird!
I am around 5'10 in person but generally tend to gauge my height from other people so honestly have no idea.(when I was around 12 I was measured as 5'8 and think I've grown an inch or so since then). I've dated guys who have said they're 6ft but have been shorter than me in person and guys who have said they're 6ft and been a lot taller than me.

I did become obsessed just because one of the non-negotiables for me was height 😅

Reactions: 3
I get you, but if she wants to know that’s all I’ve got! I would have deleted him on Wednesday tbf! 🤣🤣🤣

I wanna know what your first message was that you scrubbed out! 🤣
It was just his name and photo I scribbled over 😂 sorry

I’ve been swiping and come across a 42 year old and his bio says he’s actually 22. How is it that possible to get your date of birth that wrong? I despair.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It was just his name and photo I scribbled over 😂 sorry

I’ve been swiping and come across a 42 year old and his bio says he’s actually 22. How is it that possible to get your date of birth that wrong? I despair.
Oh you get loads of these that say they’re into older women! Like seriously child, have you hit puberty yet! 🖕🏻

Reactions: 1
Omg. He's finally seen the message. After 6 days of no delivery. But I'm confused. He's messaged on Tinder saying he had no signal. And didn't think to message. I CBA what a strange thing. I get not messaging all the time. I'm a busy person too but now I just feel like I can't be bothered.

Reactions: 5
Omg. He's finally seen the message. After 6 days of no delivery. But I'm confused. He's messaged on Tinder saying he had no signal. And didn't think to message. I CBA what a strange thing. I get not messaging all the time. I'm a busy person too but now I just feel like I can't be bothered.
Had no signal?!! Where’s he been for the last few days? So odd.

Reactions: 4
I’m not bothered about height, I’m 5ft 7 and happy to date anyone my own height. My ex was 6ft4 and too tall, the one I’m with now is 6ft but my mam saw him and said no way is he really 6ft 😂

Didn’t think of you = Get in the bin. I wouldn’t respond.

Reactions: 7
I finally worked up the courage to (re)download tinder yesterday. I haven’t talked to/seen any guys since January.
I was messaging a few guys last night and somehow agreed to meet up with one on Wednesday night so we will see if that actually happens! With the height thing I’m 6’1 (female) so I put it in my profile, hopefully they get the hint that if they’re super short it wouldn’t work, as I don’t really like asking. One guy opened with that last night asking if I mind if he’s a bit shorter, then he tried to turn it in to the weirdest sexual conversation so he got unmatched. That (and a fair few other profiles I saw and instantly swiped left on) reminded me why it was so hard for me to put myself through this again 😬

• Heart
You’ve been benched!

I finally worked up the courage to (re)download tinder yesterday. I haven’t talked to/seen any guys since January.
I was messaging a few guys last night and somehow agreed to meet up with one on Wednesday night so we will see if that actually happens! With the height thing I’m 6’1 (female) so I put it in my profile, hopefully they get the hint that if they’re super short it wouldn’t work, as I don’t really like asking. One guy opened with that last night asking if I mind if he’s a bit shorter, then he tried to turn it in to the weirdest sexual conversation so he got unmatched. That (and a fair few other profiles I saw and instantly swiped left on) reminded me why it was so hard for me to put myself through this again 😬
6ft 1in 😳, wow. Like a super model!

OK, so I’m finally done with Bumble. It really is no better than Tinder and the calibre of men is just rank. I say this, having not used Tinder since 2016. What do we think ladies - should I give Tinder a go? I’m tempted just so I can share dodgy profiles with you guys, if nothing else! 🤣

Yeah they don't get the hint 🤣 I'm 5'11 & had a 4'7 guy message me.... literally 4'7.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.