Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finally worked up the courage to (re)download tinder yesterday. I haven’t talked to/seen any guys since January.
I was messaging a few guys last night and somehow agreed to meet up with one on Wednesday night so we will see if that actually happens! With the height thing I’m 6’1 (female) so I put it in my profile, hopefully they get the hint that if they’re super short it wouldn’t work, as I don’t really like asking. One guy opened with that last night asking if I mind if he’s a bit shorter, then he tried to turn it in to the weirdest sexual conversation so he got unmatched. That (and a fair few other profiles I saw and instantly swiped left on) reminded me why it was so hard for me to put myself through this again 😬
I’m 6ft and the amount of men that lie about their height to me is shocking. I’d rather them tell me they’re 5’7 before I waste my time 😭😂😂

Reactions: 8
I can’t get over how tall you ladies are! 🙀
I can't speak for the other 2 but it doesn't half miff me when the ladies on the apps of a lower 5' something demand the 6ft +. I feel like no no you can have the 5'7s who message me love 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’d give Tinder a go. I’ve made friends with some amazing lads on there, you just have to have decent standards, be ruthless and brutal.

Reactions: 3
I can't speak for the other 2 but it doesn't half miff me when the ladies on the apps of a lower 5' something demand the 6ft +. I feel like no no you can have the 5'7s who message me love 🤣
Hahahah I moan about this all the time!!! Why do my 5’4 friends need a 6’3 boyfriend, save them for me😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m 5ft 2 and my ex’s have been 6ft 3 and 6ft 4. I didn’t meet them on a dating site tho and I’ve also dated 5ft 6 so it doesn’t matter to me
It definitely just happens sometimes and that’s fair enough, it’s when really short girls will only date really tall lads😂 the dating world is a hard one as a tall woman 😂😂😂

Reactions: 5
It definitely just happens sometimes and that’s fair enough, it’s when really short girls will only date really tall lads😂 the dating world is a hard one as a tall woman 😂😂😂
Yeah I don’t get that. I’m so tiny I don’t have a height preference 😂

Reactions: 1
My only height preference is that they’re taller than me, I’m only 5’5 though so it’s not usually a big deal. I feel for you tall ladies!

Why is ghosting the norm these days?! Chatting to a few guys from tinder, typically the one that I like the most is the one who has disappeared on me after giving me his number on Friday and saying lets go for a drink this week- so frustrating!!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We've got an upgrade on the university of life over here..... 😂

My new bumble chat went to the "college of knowledge"

FFS 🙈 He seemed nice too 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hahahah I moan about this all the time!!! Why do my 5’4 friends need a 6’3 boyfriend, save them for me😂😂
Yesss I totally agree 😂 I feel like the height thing narrows my pool a fair bit. I wouldn’t mind if they were like 5’10 and up, depending on other things (like if they weren’t super skinny, otherwise I just feel massive as I have an athletic-curvy body type).
The guy I’m supposedly meeting on Wednesday is apparently the same height as me… we will see! I feel like guys 5’9 and up just round up to 6 foot and think the girl won’t notice!! I’m like mate I have an in built height-ometer.
Because I only joined last night a fair few new matches have messaged me overnight/this morning (I’m in Aus so time difference to you guys!) I’ve been at work all day and then took my son to swimming lessons, once I get him to bed I have to do an assignment. I feel like they expect you to be glued to your phone… one messaged 4 times in a row last night and then again this morning. Another messaged at lunch time saying “how was your morning?” Like, I have a busy job, but even if I didn’t I don’t think I’d be on tinder at work… I guess there are probably more guys on there than girls though so they try harder to get your attention or something? Who knows!

Why is ghosting the norm these days?! Chatting to a few guys from tinder, typically the one that I like the most is the one who has disappeared on me after giving me his number on Friday and saying lets go for a drink this week- so frustrating!!
You have to make them work for you.
Talk to someone for half a day, arrange a date and it’s bound to end up in a ghosting because they’ve got you so the funs already gone.

So I have a friend from work who said he liked me when I broke up with my ex. I was unsure how it would ever go from friendship to anything else but he has never pushed it.

This weekend I decided to go for it, spontaneously stayed at his house and now I can’t stop thinking about him 🥰🥰🥰 Maybe friendship to dating is the way forward as you know them already and they won’t ghost you or be a head?!? Just get drunk, have sex and go from there 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wish I could follow my own advice haha!!! I keep seeing my ex on Match (he lives on there 😆😆) keeps coming up as either having viewed me or the little bar that shows people online. I could block him but he will know and then I’ll look like I’m trying to get his attention. Just makes my blood boil knowing what a crappy human he is and he’s desperately trying to inflict that on a new victim 🙈🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣think I just have the Monday blues laptops broken too 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

Ladies, who was it on here that seemed to have all the answers about who pops up on your apps and why? I’m using Hinge and the same guy’s profile has just popped up for the third day running even though I’ve swiped left on him twice. The answers he’s put on his profile are misogynistic and repugnant and I wouldn’t touch him with someone else’s.. why does Hinge keep presenting me with him? 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’d give Tinder a go. I’ve made friends with some amazing lads on there, you just have to have decent standards, be ruthless and brutal.
[/QUOTE
Ladies, who was it on here that seemed to have all the answers about who pops up on your apps and why? I’m using Hinge and the same guy’s profile has just popped up for the third day running even though I’ve swiped left on him twice. The answers he’s put on his profile are misogynistic and repugnant and I wouldn’t touch him with someone else’s.. why does Hinge keep presenting me with him? 😩
It was me. It means he’s swiped right on you. I think there’s a hide or block button so you don’t have to see him again.

I wish I could follow my own advice haha!!! I keep seeing my ex on Match (he lives on there 😆😆) keeps coming up as either having viewed me or the little bar that shows people online. I could block him but he will know and then I’ll look like I’m trying to get his attention. Just makes my blood boil knowing what a crappy human he is and he’s desperately trying to inflict that on a new victim 🙈🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣think I just have the Monday blues laptops broken too 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣
If you block him it looks like the opposite - that you don’t want to see him or he you. Do it for your own sake! I’d die if I saw my ex! 😫

So I have a friend from work who said he liked me when I broke up with my ex. I was unsure how it would ever go from friendship to anything else but he has never pushed it.

This weekend I decided to go for it, spontaneously stayed at his house and now I can’t stop thinking about him 🥰🥰🥰 Maybe friendship to dating is the way forward as you know them already and they won’t ghost you or be a head?!? Just get drunk, have sex and go from there 🤣
Friends to lovers is the best. As long as you have really good sexual chemistry, it’s perfect!

We've got an upgrade on the university of life over here..... 😂

My new bumble chat went to the "college of knowledge"

FFS 🙈 He seemed nice too 😅
Roughly translated to - as thick as concrete! 🤣

Yesss I totally agree 😂 I feel like the height thing narrows my pool a fair bit. I wouldn’t mind if they were like 5’10 and up, depending on other things (like if they weren’t super skinny, otherwise I just feel massive as I have an athletic-curvy body type).
The guy I’m supposedly meeting on Wednesday is apparently the same height as me… we will see! I feel like guys 5’9 and up just round up to 6 foot and think the girl won’t notice!! I’m like mate I have an in built height-ometer.
Because I only joined last night a fair few new matches have messaged me overnight/this morning (I’m in Aus so time difference to you guys!) I’ve been at work all day and then took my son to swimming lessons, once I get him to bed I have to do an assignment. I feel like they expect you to be glued to your phone… one messaged 4 times in a row last night and then again this morning. Another messaged at lunch time saying “how was your morning?” Like, I have a busy job, but even if I didn’t I don’t think I’d be on tinder at work… I guess there are probably more guys on there than girls though so they try harder to get your attention or something? Who knows!
Oh I don’t know, if I were super tall I think I’d get myself a little toy to play with (i.e. a little shorty who looks up to me!) ahahaha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.