Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, Tinder does my nut in the way it keeps sneaking in profiles I actually would swipe right on only to discover they are 256 miles away or 382 miles away!!

I have my settings set to 25 miles. The vast majority of profiles are abysmal. I don't need to be taunted by these attractive profiles hundreds of effing miles away!!
It’s because they’ve swiped on you. Doesn’t matter about your settings. If they swipe right on someone 50 billion light years away, they will appear in your stack. Stupid, but hey that’s how it works!

Reactions: 1
I went to the cinema this afternoon and I was strolling through Leicester Square alone and this nerdy guy with a bowlcut kept trying to walk parallel to me and was giving me a creepy smile like he knew somethingI didn't :oops: My thought was 'oh god he recognises me from an app!!' Has this happened to anyone else?! He didn't say anything but I have no idea what I would have said back lmao

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It’s because they’ve swiped on you. Doesn’t matter about your settings. If they swipe right on someone 50 billion light years away, they will appear in your stack. Stupid, but hey that’s how it works!
Jeez, that's even worse that I know these nice profiles have swiped me but they're too far away 🤷‍♀️

I went to the cinema this afternoon and I was strolling through Leicester Square alone and this nerdy guy with a bowlcut kept trying to walk parallel to me and was giving me a creepy smile like he knew somethingI didn't :oops: My thought was 'oh god he recognises me from an app!!' Has this happened to anyone else?! He didn't say anything but I have no idea what I would have said back lmao
Yes, I thought I had my flies undone.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I asked A (girl from Friday night) if she wants to see each other again and she said yes. I've never dated a woman before (have only ever had drunken hook ups) so not really sure what's going on, but I think about her a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing her again 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 19
OMG I need to know who this is, I live near there 🤣
He was about 40 and ex army I think but can’t tell you anymore as I swiped left

On another note, does anyone get out off when someone has a dead tooth or maybe needs a brace 😝or is that incredibly superficial?

Last edited:
It's funny I actually met my bf because I saw him in a pub one night and recognised him from his tinder pictures, we had chatted a bit beforehand but tbh I thought he was a bit boring so doubt we'd have actually met up had we not seen each other that night by chance. Almost 4 years later and I'm so so grateful that we happened to be in the same place at the same time!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
On another note, does anyone get out off when someone has a dead tooth or maybe needs a brace 😝or is that incredibly superficial?
I’m funny about teeth. If they’re a bit wonky, not so much of an issue, but if they are grey/dead or badly stained or furry looking, it’s a turn-off. My immediate thought is that they’d have bad breath and I wouldn’t want to kiss them. I don’t think it’s superficial, it’s just a personal preference.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m funny about teeth. If they’re a bit wonky, not so much of an issue, but if they are grey/dead or badly stained or furry looking, it’s a turn-off. My immediate thought is that they’d have bad breath and I wouldn’t want to kiss them. I don’t think it’s superficial, it’s just a personal preference.
Yeah isn't this just basic hygiene though. Like wonky is an aesthetic and I have some wonky teeth simply because my dentist wanted me to wear braces when I was younger and 13 year old me was too vain to wear braces yet again.

But there is a difference between that and them being severely discoloured and badly maintained. One is just an aesthetic and the other suggests poor hygiene. Then you just assume the latter has cheesy dick.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
OMG no! I always thought that living in Central London would mean I’d never ever bump into a swipe/old date ever! That worries me now…🤣

Yeah isn't this just basic hygiene though. Like wonky is an aesthetic and I have some wonky teeth simply because my dentist wanted me to wear braces when I was younger and 13 year old me was too vain to wear braces yet again.

But there is a difference between that and them being severely discoloured and badly maintained. One is just an aesthetic and the other suggests poor hygiene. Then you just assume the latter has cheesy dick.
I need good teeth. I spent a fortune on mine and wore braces in my 20s, so it’s important to me.

Reactions: 2
Guys I know I’ll sound like a broken record but it’s actually knocked me a bit being ghosted again. I struggled when the first guy did it and it took me so long to get over it partly as I never met anyone again and he just lurked on my Instagram. The worst part is we even spoke about this on Sunday and I said I’d always want someone to be upfront and honest. Not to be left on delivered and turn your read receipts off deliberately. (A tactic he even said he had done before as someone wasn’t getting the hint).

I saw some of my friends today and on my way home now but it’s made me feel like such a failure for another failed attempt at dating. The worst is I’ve exhausted my options between hinge tinder Thursday bumble and a few Christian dating apps. it’s always feels like they’re just laughing thinking “oh yeah she’s the one who can’t get or keep a man”

ughhhhh😑
If you sound like a broken record, then I am one, too.

I had similar experiences - being ghosted, seen as "casual only", abruptly broken up with etc etc.

I would like to remind you that in this last scenario you described above it was not you who behaved in an immature, unfriendly, rude, ignorant and vile manner.
It was the guy.
And sadly, they don't come with a disclaimer stating "Careful: Idiot inside".

It is sad that you now feel down just for having been unlucky, which is all it was. We were unlucky. We need a lot of resilience.
And dating seems to be really hard nowadays, it seems to be a real lottery win to find a nice guy on the app who we like and who likes us back.

You mentioned you were religious and I try to see it as philosophical: I won't get everything I want, but I get a few things that I want. Life is still beautiful.

Everyone...need your opinions...what do you think has happened here? Matched with a guy on Tinder. Started chatting. Swapped numbers. Started chatting on WhatsApp. Going well. Messages stopped as I've been busy then I go to message him. Can still see his picture. Can still see his last seen. But when I send my message only one tick. Last seen Tuesday at 5pm. Irs now Saturday lol. He hasn't unmatched me on Tinder either so I know I haven't been blocked but he's just disappeared off face of the earth.
My guess would be his phone is turned off so the message had not been delivered. But I am not an expert, there might be a different reason

Reactions: 5

I had similar experiences - being ghosted, seen as "casual only", abruptly broken up with etc etc.

I would like to remind you that in this last scenario you described above it was not you who behaved in an immature, unfriendly, rude, ignorant and vile manner.
It was the guy.

It is sad that you now feel down just for having been unlucky, which is all it was. We were unlucky. We need a lot of resilience.
And dating seems to be really hard nowadays, it seems to be a real lottery win to find a nice guy on the app who we like and who likes us back.

You mentioned you were religious and I try to see it as philosophical: I won't get everything I want, but I get a few things that I want. Life is still beautiful.
I think men these days are damaged goods, I’m not sure why...I think it’s a multitude of reasons but they don’t seem to know what they want, or have a complete inability to see the good in someone who likes them and genuinely wants a relationship, it seems to be a green light to them to treat that person like tit.
ive always been the “filler” girl, the I’ve they date before they meet the One they marry, or the friend with benefits who didn’t actually know that’s what she was 🙈🙈🙈as I’ve got older I’m still none the wiser 🤣🤣 I think as women if we find a good guy we genuinely want to make it work- what I don’t get is why they seem to see it as a weakness and run a mile 🤷‍♀️🙈🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hahah I do know Leicester Square is full of weirdos past a certain time, we were approached multiple times last night, one guy I told I was engaged then asked if I’d slept with him before marriage

Also idk why I was the same place as a fellow tattler, we really could be anywhere 👀

Reactions: 1

It was the guy.

My guess would be his phone is turned off so the message had not been delivered. But I am not an expert, there might be a different reason
If you turn your alerts/notifications off, WhatsApp doesn’t deliver the message until you open it again. I used to do this all the time, so I didn’t keep waiting for my ex to message me, but my mates used to moan about it. Message him on Tinder and ask if he’s ok. If he still ignores you, just delete him.

If you turn your alerts/notifications off, WhatsApp doesn’t deliver the message until you open it again. I used to do this all the time, so I didn’t keep waiting for my ex to message me, but my mates used to moan about it. Message him on Tinder and ask if he’s ok. If he still ignores you, just delete him.
I wouldn’t message on Tinder. He knows she exists and hasn’t made any effort to talk.

I wouldn’t message on Tinder. He knows she exists and hasn’t made any effort to talk.
Also if it is because he's broken his phone surely he won't be able to respond on Tinder either. And if it's because he's lost interest he's not going to respond simply because he was contacted on another channel.

And also I suspect by just under he means 5’7
I do find a lot of men overestimate their height. That and the amount of hair they currently have.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.