Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@thunderfook On Hinge, it tells you when someone has liked you, they go into a different tab and you can then choose whether to match with them or not. He’s never appeared in my ‘Likes’, but he relentlessly pops up during general swiping 🤮 It’s highly irritating.

Forgot I said “maybe Monday” to a guy from hinge and now he’s asking if I’ll meet tonight. Thing is he seems nice but we’ve barely texted before he asked to meet up, and I dunno if I can really be arsed as I have a date lined up at the end of the week too🥲 but if I don’t go who knows, he may be the love of my life 😂 what to doooo? It’ll be a 50 min journey into the city as well 😣

Reactions: 1
Forgot I said “maybe Monday” to a guy from hinge and now he’s asking if I’ll meet tonight. Thing is he seems nice but we’ve barely texted before he asked to meet up, and I dunno if I can really be arsed as I have a date lined up at the end of the week too🥲 but if I don’t go who knows, he may be the love of my life 😂 what to doooo? It’ll be a 50 min journey into the city as well 😣
If I were you I probably would have gone but a 50 minute journey? Does he live a long way away from you?

I think that'd put me off especially if I wasn't that excited about a date to begin with. Having said that you never know, it could be a great date!

Reactions: 2
If I were you I probably would have gone but a 50 minute journey? Does he live a long way away from you?

I think that'd put me off especially if I wasn't that excited about a date to begin with. Having said that you never know, it could be a great date!
Yeah he lives in the city and I’m outskirts! We have barely texted so literally don’t know much, but it could be amazing it’s annoying not knowing. I’ll be annoyed if I waste my time though 😂

Yeah he lives in the city and I’m outskirts! We have barely texted so literally don’t know much, but it could be amazing it’s annoying not knowing. I’ll be annoyed if I waste my time though 😂
Ask him to meet you in the middle 😊

Can't you ask to meet at a place between the both of you if there is one?

Maybe if it wasn't such a hassle to get there you might feel a bit better about just giving it a go?

Sometimes you’re not in the mood to meet someone unless you’re fairly certain you’ve got a good chance of liking them and have spoken for a while, sometimes it’s nice just to go out for a drink because it’s something to do - so just depends how you feel! If he’s the love of your life I’m sure he could wait until next week though if you couldn’t be arsed today

@thunderfook On Hinge, it tells you when someone has liked you, they go into a different tab and you can then choose whether to match with them or not. He’s never appeared in my ‘Likes’, but he relentlessly pops up during general swiping 🤮 It’s highly irritating.
Hmm, I don’t know as much about Hinge. My research was on Tinder/Bumble, who are both owned by FB. Do you see other people repeatedly? I can’t see likes because I don’t pay. Hinge are A holes anyway. Banned me and wouldn’t tell me why! You must hVe an option to block him though?

I would definitely just pop for a drink if it wasn’t so far! As you say I’d do it for someone if I was texting them for a while and liked their vibe etc.
Thanks for your help ladies, I just suggested meeting halfway, he works late but has suggested weekends would be easier 🙂 so I have time to decide if I wanna go lol

Reactions: 5
My philosophy if he was really meant for you, you’d be inclined to go! I mean, let’s face it. How many of these guys do then out to be right…🤨 It’s not just the journey, it’s the getting ready etc. I would delay him and see if you can build up a bit more of a rapport first.

Reactions: 3
I hate Hinge because the men have the opportunity to comment but most of them just threw a lazy 'like' which to me is just the lowest bar of effort and I cba to prostrate myself before them for that

Reactions: 6
I hate Hinge because the men have the opportunity to comment but most of them just threw a lazy 'like' which to me is just the lowest bar of effort and I cba to prostrate myself before them for that
I used to craft personalised messages to people I liked on Hinge but most of the time I was rejected and it was a lot of effort for the reward. I don't mind the person sending a like now as long as they make an effort to chat when we match.

I agree with this, it does my head in. Especially when the ‘like’ in question is on your first picture, you just know they haven’t even bothered to scroll your whole profile 🙄

The whole point of having to answer questions is to give you a conversation starter. Even worse is when you send them a message based on one of their pictures or answers and they then “Invite you to start the chat” and don’t respond to what you’ve said. Like.. What do you want? Blood? 🤷🏻‍♀️ When people speak to you in real life do you just silently blink at them until they say something else? Honestly 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used to craft personalised messages to people I liked on Hinge but most of the time I was rejected and it was a lot of effort for the reward. I don't mind the person sending a like now as long as they make an effort to chat when we match.
The ones I used to immediately delete were if they’d match you on likes and thrn don’t make conversation. If it was the other way around I would. Also literally every guy would engage me in conversation for days only to admit they were just looking for sex. I mean, did they think they could win me over with their sparkling wit! No idea how women think! 🖕🏻

The ones I used to immediately delete were if they’d match you on likes and thrn don’t make conversation. If it was the other way around I would. Also literally every guy would engage me in conversation for days only to admit they were just looking for sex. I mean, did they think they could win me over with their sparkling wit! No idea how women think! 🖕🏻
Yeah I don't get the ones who make loads of conversation when they're just after one thing. I always am reticent about giving my number sometimes too as I remember matching with guys on Tinder only to get dick pics on WhatsApp.

Yeah I don't get the ones who make loads of conversation when they're just after one thing. I always am reticent about giving my number sometimes too as I remember matching with guys on Tinder only to get dick pics on WhatsApp.
Oh me too, but I get their numbers and do 1471!

I did two gym classes earlier and I’m dead! It’s also far too cold to go dating tonight. Duvet day anyone? 🤣

Oh me too, but I get their numbers and do 1471!

I did two gym classes earlier and I’m dead! It’s also far too cold to go dating tonight. Duvet day anyone? 🤣
Woah two gym classes 😯. Im feeling a bit under the weather today so will go on a walk soon to get my 10k steps in and take it easy this evening.

I always find when it's cold and rainy I never want to date. I want to wear my nice shoes and not turn up drenched 😅

So I have a friend from work who said he liked me when I broke up with my ex. I was unsure how it would ever go from friendship to anything else but he has never pushed it.

This weekend I decided to go for it, spontaneously stayed at his house and now I can’t stop thinking about him 🥰🥰🥰 Maybe friendship to dating is the way forward as you know them already and they won’t ghost you or be a head?!? Just get drunk, have sex and go from there 🤣
I've had a similar scenario regarding drunk friend sex, but the timing is never right.

I have a date with a guy from Hinge tonight. It's very obvious he's interested, he's given no red flags, communicates well and seems nice so why am I not super excited for it? I'm going to go, but I think I'm due on and feeling a bit meh in my mood after a great week off work 😂.

I'll give my head a wobble, get ready and report back later but send me good vibes please!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.