Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started speaking to a guy on Hinge yesterday, seems lovely, decent back and forth. He’s just hit me with the “Fancy a quick call this evening?” 🙄 bleeping NO. No. I don’t. I’ve been at work all day, the bulk of which is speaking to people on the phone. I want to go home, put my hair up and watch Real Housewives. WHY do they love a phone call so much? 😫
[screams in “Just bleeping text me”]
I can't stand a phone call. Its so awkward. They always want a call and it drives me mad too. I've either got my children here with me or I'm at work. Finding time for a call where I won't be interrupted by a young one or overheard by a teenager and ripped to shreds 😅 just isn't easy. I'd prefer to save the calls for after the initial dates, calls make it too personal too soon when the likely hood is you won't want to see them again after the date 😬🤣. My friends know not to ring me... If you can say it in a text then there is no need to call 🤣💯🙌🏻

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
@Bellaboo83 That meme 🤣 Screw the lid down on my coffin, I’m dead 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I could be wrong but I feel like some of them just want to check they’re definitely speaking to a female. Which I kind of get. But literally, I’ll send you a copy of my bleeping birth certificate if you want, ANYTHING but a phone call 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think that’s what leads to the burn out with dating in general, it’s like job interview after job interview isn’t it 🤣🤣🤣
And it's always the same questions. It's exactly like a job interview all the way down to mapping out the place and wearing a nice outfit that has been freshly washed and preening yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And it's always the same questions. It's exactly like a job interview all the way down to mapping out the place and wearing a nice outfit that has been freshly washed and preening yourself.
Yes then you find out “your application wasn’t successful” 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈

• Haha
I started speaking to a guy on Hinge yesterday, seems lovely, decent back and forth. He’s just hit me with the “Fancy a quick call this evening?” 🙄 bleeping NO. No. I don’t. I’ve been at work all day, the bulk of which is speaking to people on the phone. I want to go home, put my hair up and watch Real Housewives. WHY do they love a phone call so much? 😫
[screams in “Just bleeping text me”]
Like what is the obsession with phone calls? Like aren’t they totally exhausted after one coz I know am 🤣🤣🤣I was almost in a coma after mine I had to nap he messaged “just getting a drink first” oh wow drumroll please..let me just fetch my popcorn im
Too excited 🙄. There was zero point in it because I learnt 2 things: 1) his last date was with Cheryl who ordered a mixed grill
On their first date which was ok because he “always pays” but off putting because she spilt peas everywhere 2) his sales job was supposed to impress me because he gets “paid to look busy” 😦😦🤣🤣🙈we had some banter but not enough to make me want to actually meet him which I did before 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can spend up to three hours on the phone with some of my friends but I don’t want to speak to lads I’m getting to know unless it’s a text.

Me:
25D89492-A071-4926-B398-FB61F7F102DB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Gang I have news. My detective skills didn’t fail me today. Although i clearly forgot to use them previously this week. So it turns out the man who ghosted and blocked me this week in the middle of texting. Is.... married (to a woman in Canada makes sense) and has a teenage daughter he failed to disclose. You may not be religious but rejection sometimes is gods protection! Holy hell!!!!

Im also sat here absolutely shaking because i could have ended up on a date with a whole f******* married man

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
All I'm asking is for someone to chat/innocently flirt with. Is that too much to ask🥲
(Was tempted to text the crush who ghosted me last year me but i keep reminding myself how bad he made me feel afterwards 🥲)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
All I'm asking is for someone to chat/innocently flirt with. Is that too much to ask🥲
(Was tempted to text the crush who ghosted me last year me but i keep reminding myself how bad he made me feel afterwards 🥲)
Rule No1: Never go back

Reactions: 8
I re joined a dating site the other day , within 30 mins of being on there I remembered why I don't like dating sites 🤦😂 I am chatting to guy who is good potential for a date though 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Next thread. Dating after lockdown: a pandemic of vomiting inducing profiles and an ever increasing list of no goes

Reactions: 1
Gang I have news. My detective skills didn’t fail me today. Although i clearly forgot to use them previously this week. So it turns out the man who ghosted and blocked me this week in the middle of texting. Is.... married (to a woman in Canada makes sense) and has a teenage daughter he failed to disclose. You may not be religious but rejection sometimes is gods protection! Holy hell!!!!

Im also sat here absolutely shaking because i could have ended up on a date with a whole f******* married man
It’s always good when the trash puts its self in the bin.

Reactions: 9
412194B8-A9F3-4F93-8B38-BEDA30A3FB15.jpeg

I’m only a week in so not yet feeling this completely but it made me laugh 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Has anyone ever come across a female’s profile when swiping? I’m female interested in men, but every now and again I’ll come across a girls profile (Just now for example). Does that mean she’s selected her sex as male…. And why? Wouldn’t it make sense to select her sex as female and. interested in females?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.