Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever come across a female’s profile when swiping? I’m female interested in men, but every now and again I’ll come across a girls profile (Just now for example). Does that mean she’s selected her sex as male…. And why? Wouldn’t it make sense to select her sex as female and. interested in females?!
Quite a few times. I think they’ve set their gender as male, no idea why. Probably trying to catch someone out 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What app are you using? I know on tinder it asked me for my sexual preference, and then also asked me who I wanted to see profiles of in terms of gender as well.
But I wonder if not all the apps have that, and it means she has liked you/swiped right or something?

On another note…. I need help. One of the guys who’s been messaging me since I got tinder seems a bit full on, but I feel like I don’t trust my own judgement anymore. I had a bad experience last year with a guy, we only had 4 dates and thankfully I didn’t sleep with him or do anything beyond kiss, but I eventually realised he was a complete narcissist and was gaslighting me right from the start and cut him. It really rattled me and question my my judgement and why I didn’t cut him off right after the first date when the first thing that didn’t seem right happened.

Fast forward to now I have a few guys who seem ok that I’m messaging, and I met one the other night and it went well (not sure it’s romantic but I had a lovely time).
One of the other guys seems a bit full on but I don’t know if I'm just been too sensitive? He is supposedly from where I am from but living in another town at the moment and working away. He messages a lot and like double and triple messages me. He messaged me this morning and said he was in town and realised he must be close to me by the miles. So like he’d driven in to town and then checked my profile to see how close he was to me? Because he’d sent the last 3 messages so he wasn’t going on to reply to me. He also sent me his number and I said I prefer to keep messaging on the app till I’ve met someone in person, and he responded saying “That’s ok. I’m going to phase out tinder to be honest. Haha aside from you, it’s a lot of work. Hahaha”

He also previously said he didn’t think he’d meet “anyone of interest on tinder”, and that now he plans to spend more time in my town 🤨

We’ve only been messaging since Sunday and I haven’t even messaged that much because I’m super busy and I’m messaging about 5 guys on there as well. He’s too much too soon considering he hasn’t met me and the time frame isn’t he? Which is a major red flag? Do you always trust your gut, or can it be wrong based off other experiences? This guy isn’t like the narcissist gaslighting dudes early messages, but just so full on.

Reactions: 1
@timtams if it makes you feel uneasy it screams red flag to me. I had two men on tinder who sent message after message like almost bombarded me. Even when I said I didn’t want to WhatsApp they gave me there numbers and even though I insisted to keep messaging on tinder they wanted me to text. My advice- Unmatch and If they’ve given you their number put it in the block contacts / profiles section so they’ll never come up again. Which is exactly what I did to those two men. Something was all the way off.

Reactions: 6
What app are you using? I know on tinder it asked me for my sexual preference, and then also asked me who I wanted to see profiles of in terms of gender as well.
But I wonder if not all the apps have that, and it means she has liked you/swiped right or something?

On another note…. I need help. One of the guys who’s been messaging me since I got tinder seems a bit full on, but I feel like I don’t trust my own judgement anymore. I had a bad experience last year with a guy, we only had 4 dates and thankfully I didn’t sleep with him or do anything beyond kiss, but I eventually realised he was a complete narcissist and was gaslighting me right from the start and cut him. It really rattled me and question my my judgement and why I didn’t cut him off right after the first date when the first thing that didn’t seem right happened.

Fast forward to now I have a few guys who seem ok that I’m messaging, and I met one the other night and it went well (not sure it’s romantic but I had a lovely time).
One of the other guys seems a bit full on but I don’t know if I'm just been too sensitive? He is supposedly from where I am from but living in another town at the moment and working away. He messages a lot and like double and triple messages me. He messaged me this morning and said he was in town and realised he must be close to me by the miles. So like he’d driven in to town and then checked my profile to see how close he was to me? Because he’d sent the last 3 messages so he wasn’t going on to reply to me. He also sent me his number and I said I prefer to keep messaging on the app till I’ve met someone in person, and he responded saying “That’s ok. I’m going to phase out tinder to be honest. Haha aside from you, it’s a lot of work. Hahaha”

He also previously said he didn’t think he’d meet “anyone of interest on tinder”, and that now he plans to spend more time in my town 🤨

We’ve only been messaging since Sunday and I haven’t even messaged that much because I’m super busy and I’m messaging about 5 guys on there as well. He’s too much too soon considering he hasn’t met me and the time frame isn’t he? Which is a major red flag? Do you always trust your gut, or can it be wrong based off other experiences? This guy isn’t like the narcissist gaslighting dudes early messages, but just so full on.
Trust your instincts. If he’s creeping you out, drop him 🧡

Reactions: 7

Report him and block him. He sounds crazy.

Your gut instinct is never wrong but too many women choose to ignore it. Even if this guy is 100% sound, something is bothering you and making you feel uneasy, so I would not persue it.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone ever come across a female’s profile when swiping? I’m female interested in men, but every now and again I’ll come across a girls profile (Just now for example). Does that mean she’s selected her sex as male…. And why? Wouldn’t it make sense to select her sex as female and. interested in females?!
Yes, I have. I was curious, so swiped right, and it was a bi-sexual woman looking for another woman to join her and her husband in their relationship (like, being the third person, having sex with both).

My current guy still hasn't texted. It is Friday. Last time he texted was Monday night and I responded on Tuesday morning. He left on Wednesday to see his child and has been online numerous times (to make arrangements with his ex or text with friends... what do I know).
We had such a good and intense time on the weekend and I find it beyond hurtful that he is now cutting me off.

I am tempted between blocking him or simply ignoring him.
Part of me thinks he will come back when he is back home at the latest. Part of me things I have been ghosted already.

• Sad
Yes, I have. I was curious, so swiped right, and it was a bi-sexual woman looking for another woman to join her and her husband in their relationship (like, being the third person, having sex with both).

My current guy still hasn't texted. It is Friday. Last time he texted was Monday night and I responded on Tuesday morning. He left on Wednesday to see his child and has been online numerous times (to make arrangements with his ex or text with friends... what do I know).
We had such a good and intense time on the weekend and I find it beyond hurtful that he is now cutting me off.

I am tempted between blocking him or simply ignoring him.
Part of me thinks he will come back when he is back home at the latest. Part of me things I have been ghosted already.
Stop making excuses for him and get him blocked, you’ll reply if he comes back and the cycle will repeat again.

I’ve got work, I’m a single parent, I have a social life, I’m decorating my house but I still find time to text those I am interested in and check in and out of here all day 😂

Reactions: 16
Stop making excuses for him and get him blocked, you’ll reply if he comes back and the cycle will repeat again.

I’ve got work, I’m a single parent, I have a social life, I’m decorating my house but I still find time to text those I am interested in and check in and out of here all day 😂
You should be a mindset coach 😘

I am just hesitant to do something I cannot undo. Can anyone understand that?

I any case, if he comes back I wouldn't just play nice again. I would tell him I assumed we were no longer talking as he had ignored me for a week.
Bad idea?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Gah I had a completely innocent boyfriend dream about this cute guy I follow on Instagram (he does not follow me back, and has a few thousand followers as he does music stuff lol)
Why is my life so tragic

• Heart
After finally asking who I was interested in out and politely was rejected (honestly they were so sweet about it and we are still gonna be friends thankfully), I’ve redownloaded Tinder and honestly I can’t believe the amount of people who put in their bio to message first and I always do and I get blanked.

Why match with me if you don’t wanna talk 😭

Reactions: 2
After finally asking who I was interested in out and politely was rejected (honestly they were so sweet about it and we are still gonna be friends thankfully), I’ve redownloaded Tinder and honestly I can’t believe the amount of people who put in their bio to message first and I always do and I get blanked.

Why match with me if you don’t wanna talk 😭
Nice one for going for it! There's no doubt you made his day by asking him out anyway, it's such a compliment.

Had my eye caught by a guy, he was replying pretty keenly when we matched on Tues, then asked for my number yesterday and I gave it to him, and absolutely nothing from him since... Come ON

The next title should just be BLOCK HIM
You should be a mindset coach 😘

I am just hesitant to do something I cannot undo. Can anyone understand that?

I any case, if he comes back I wouldn't just play nice again. I would tell him I assumed we were no longer talking as he had ignored me for a week.
Bad idea?
Yes it’s a bad idea because you will risk getting sucked back in. He will crawl back with some lame excuse about being busy blah blah but remember you’ve seen him online. Once you learn to cut these type of men out you will find you will put up with far less.

It’s pay day so I’ve paid for a month of tinder gold, purely to just swipe through people I know have already liked me and cut through a tiny amount of the bullshit.

Reactions: 7
It’s pay day so I’ve paid for a month of tinder gold, purely to just swipe through people I know have already liked me and cut through a tiny amount of the bullshit.
I did this. Swiped on someone who liked me and have been talking to him for 3 weeks. We just haven’t met because we’re at opposite ends of the country.

Reactions: 1
I did this. Swiped on someone who liked me and have been talking to him for 3 weeks. We just haven’t met because we’re at opposite ends of the country.
That is the annoying thing. I see nice profiles in the list and then see they are hundreds of miles away. The reality is I can’t do long distance, I work too much to start off something that will involve a lot of travel. So always swipe left

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.