Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I want someone to buy me flowers. I know it’s cliche but I want all the cliches, chocolates flowers the lot. But you’re right @CaramelLatte needs to be the right person. Although I’d accept a sugar daddy at this point too so 🤷🏾‍♀️

thread title suggestions for thread number 5
“we are tired”
“How low can we go”
“You can’t spell disappointment without Men” (yes I know not all men)
I felt so awkward i actually left them in the nearest bathroom after i left him 😬 if it was from someone i liked i would've been happy to keep them ofc but this just grossed me out 🤦‍♀️

I voted "We are tired" cuz i know i am lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Is anyone with me on this? What drives me crazy is the constant flurry of messages/ wanting phone calls BEFORE you’ve met...it makes it really worse when they go quiet AFTER you’ve met and makes you feel oh god he was really excited until he saw me in person now he’s running for the hills 🙈🤣🤣
I’d much prefer to exchange texts, arrange a date and get excited to Chat to him on the date rather than burn out before we have met yet this seems to happen so much with guys! I think it’s like a lot of you have said, it’s the ego trip of the chase 😎😎

Reactions: 14
Is anyone with me on this? What drives me crazy is the constant flurry of messages/ wanting phone calls BEFORE you’ve met...it makes it really worse when they go quiet AFTER you’ve met and makes you feel oh god he was really excited until he saw me in person now he’s running for the hills 🙈🤣🤣
I’d much prefer to exchange texts, arrange a date and get excited to Chat to him on the date rather than burn out before we have met yet this seems to happen so much with guys! I think it’s like a lot of you have said, it’s the ego trip of the chase 😎😎
Yeah I agree. I think after a little while you can gauge how interested you are in someone and whether you want to meet them. No point in exchanging life stories with someone you've not yet met, you'd have nothing to talk about on the date!

Reactions: 7
Yeah I agree. I think after a little while you can gauge how interested you are in someone and whether you want to meet them. No point in exchanging life stories with someone you've not yet met, you'd have nothing to talk about on the date!
I think that’s what leads to the burn out with dating in general, it’s like job interview after job interview isn’t it 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 6
I like to talk a good amount before I meet but I can usually tell pretty quickly if there’s a vibe there.

Reactions: 5
Advise please ladies, I’m on tinder but to be honest it is an absolute cesspit where I live so I’ve knocked it on the head and now just go on for a laugh. Anyway, there’s a guy at work (in my wider team) who has made his feelings known to me for the past 2 years but I’ve always knocked him back mainly because he’s younger than me (always gone for much older guys) and very much a banter fiend while being quite close to the bone with what he says. So we went for lunch today with another close team mate and it was really lovely and I guess I saw him in a different light.. he does make me howl on his messages and convos are really easy with him. Do I finally bite the bullet and agree to a proper date with him??

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone else exchange numbers with someone, have a banter filled fun convo on the phone but then think you’ve probably said everything funny there is to say and cba to talk much more? Or just me? 🙈this is why I’d rather save long convos for actual dates I hate having to put my funny side on for a phone call it’s really exhausting I’m very sleepy now 🤣🤣🙈🙈

@Thank(space)you i have been diagnosed as having traits of BPD, I take rejection really hard, and get attached really easily if I like someone, I feel everything very deeply...I get you 💕 be kind to yourself online dating is possibly the most triggering thing we can do xx
I'm the same. Take rejection way too hard. Get attached way too easily. I wonder if I have traits of it but never knew! How do you get diagnosed if you don't mind me asking? I feel you.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Advise please ladies, I’m on tinder but to be honest it is an absolute cesspit where I live so I’ve knocked it on the head and now just go on for a laugh. Anyway, there’s a guy at work (in my wider team) who has made his feelings known to me for the past 2 years but I’ve always knocked him back mainly because he’s younger than me (always gone for much older guys) and very much a banter fiend while being quite close to the bone with what he says. So we went for lunch today with another close team mate and it was really lovely and I guess I saw him in a different light.. he does make me howl on his messages and convos are really easy with him. Do I finally bite the bullet and agree to a proper date with him??
I’d always be wary of mixing work with pleasure but saying that it seems to be the way a lot of people meet. If you enjoyed spending time with him then might as well try a date!

Reactions: 5
I'm the same. Take rejection way too hard. Get attached way too easily. I wonder if I have traits of it but never knew! How do you get diagnosed if you don't mind me asking? I feel you.
Talk to your GP in first instance. However there's so much more to bpd than what we've said on here. Have a read through the thread on here if you're interested in anecdotal experiences.

On topic, the guy from last night has been sending me begging messages 🙄

Reactions: 1
I had a phone call with a guy yesterday (suggested by him) and it lasted 2 and a half hours 🤯 he was really easy to talk to?! We arranged a date for next week at the end of it and I can’t lie I’m pretty excited about it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ok I can tell you 🙈🙈so My ex and I were sleeping together after we broke up and then he met someone else and and I ended up taking a massive overdoses day spent 3 days in hospital because I couldn’t handle feeling so discarded...I got referred to a community mental health team and I had heard about BDP, and identified with a lot of the signs. I asked the pyschiatrist if I could possibly have it. She said I do display some of the characteristics but not all, as I’m able to process other triggers too well for a diagnosis of BPD, but that dialectal behaviour therapy could be helpful- sadly it’s not available on NHS :( I try and manage it by taking myself “out of myself”, watching shows I like, sleeping a lot, spending time with friends when I’m triggered etc. It’s defo worth asking to be referred to at least have a chat with someone 💕💕xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I started speaking to a guy on Hinge yesterday, seems lovely, decent back and forth. He’s just hit me with the “Fancy a quick call this evening?” 🙄 bleeping NO. No. I don’t. I’ve been at work all day, the bulk of which is speaking to people on the phone. I want to go home, put my hair up and watch Real Housewives. WHY do they love a phone call so much? 😫
[screams in “Just bleeping text me”]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.