Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is the best advice! I went through this with someone, I was blinded by them and chose to ignore the red flags, even though they threw them out left, right and Centre. I was noticing the things, because I was telling friends about them but I was so sucked into my own fairytale of how amazing I thought they were and how I thought it would all work out in the end and in the end it ended badly. My mental health crumbled, they checked out but strung me along until they could lay the blame at my door that I caused the end of the relationship, and even then they dragged the break up out for 3 weeks whilst they decided what they wanted. It was a learning curve and a half and having now met someone new who’s completely different I kick myself for letting myself ignore those very very obvious red flags.
I could have wrote this. I ignored all the red flags with my ex (and there were a vast amount in the first few months alone, his ex even messaged me to warn me what he was like!). I went on to spend 10 years with the bastard always hoping he would see the light and treat me right... I ended up with no self esteem, no self worth, severe anxiety and depression, grey hairs 😅 and 10 of my best years down the drain. Don't overlook red flags ladies!!! When he tells you who he is believe him and block 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've been messaging a guy on Bumble for a week who is hella cute and seems to have some creativity/imagination/political awareness

But he's been away on a trip for half the week and conversation has become pretty dry the last 2 days.

I'm hoping it's just because he's busy and it picks back up, will be disappointed if it's just as dry when he gets back to the city 😬

Reactions: 4
I'm in such a foul impatient mood with dating apps omg...all this time and no success has turned me evil :mad: Just got 'superliked' by some tit on Tinder looking for 'friends with benefits' when my profile says I don't want that. Tempted to match and go off at him like I'd rather pull my own eyes out than go near YOU and your receding hairline mate

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Indiana Jones has made a new profile about 4 times now and each time I’ve swiped left when I’ve come across him. This time he’s actually liked me. 🙈
D4F4A08F-2F69-42CD-865C-83E6C704D59B.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When I first joined Tinder in 2019 it was fun and I met loads of nice people, some became really good friends but now there’s nothing but idiots on there.

Reactions: 2
I'm in such a foul impatient mood with dating apps omg...all this time and no success has turned me evil :mad: Just got 'superliked' by some tit on Tinder looking for 'friends with benefits' when my profile says I don't want that. Tempted to match and go off at him like I'd rather pull my own eyes out than go near YOU and your receding hairline mate
Resist temptation. It’ll just get you blocked!

Reactions: 1
Just to counteract all those 'genuine' chunky arses the men gave been showing off. All natural 😑

IMG_20210622_174456.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.